Grado Fan Club!
Oct 12, 2020 at 4:57 PM Post #43,441 of 65,789
I tried the BA G pad and it did not sound good on any of my Grados. The only thing good it was soft & comfortable on the ears. Absolutely killed the clarity & balance on any of mine. I am glad it was a loan from a friend who had the same opinion. 👎🏻
I had the same experience, very comfortable but ruined the sound.

Oct 12, 2020 at 7:08 PM Post #43,443 of 65,789
But did you try shoving a Grado G inside to maintain the proper driver to ear spacing?

Even with the L size, the default foam is too cushy, and though comfy, didn't work for me. Foam rolling to a real L made all the difference.
No, I used them with the foams that were included. If I recall properly none of the documentation said to use the grado pads inside the beautiful audio pads.

Oct 12, 2020 at 7:17 PM Post #43,444 of 65,789
No, I used them with the foams that were included. If I recall properly none of the documentation said to use the grado pads inside the beautiful audio pads.

Although the BA pads are designed to allow foam rolling, I have to admit it didn't immediately occur to me to stick a whole L pad inside, either. :gs1000smile:

Oct 13, 2020 at 5:17 PM Post #43,445 of 65,789
Just received the geekria pads, used them initially with the sr80i s and wauw. Now trying them out with my new hemps. So far very good indeed. Softer than the original L pads, and apparently gives a better sound than the stock flat pads (which I otherwise really enjoy)

Oct 13, 2020 at 9:26 PM Post #43,446 of 65,789
Just received the geekria pads, used them initially with the sr80i s and wauw. Now trying them out with my new hemps. So far very good indeed.

Cool! I'm glad that you agree with my recommendation :relaxed:

In other news, I sold my GS2000e on CAM for $1000 CAD. You'll be missed :vulcan:

Oct 13, 2020 at 9:54 PM Post #43,447 of 65,789
In other news, I sold my GS2000e on CAM for $1000 CAD. You'll be missed :vulcan:

maxresdefault.jpg

Oct 14, 2020 at 12:36 PM Post #43,448 of 65,789
Hey guys, new here. I have a set of Grado Sr60 with custom mahogany cups and new pads along with some mods. im looking for a better set of grados that have a bit more bass and clarity, what would you recommend?

Oct 14, 2020 at 12:44 PM Post #43,449 of 65,789

I don’t know. I just love my RS2e and I wouldn’t buy it after watching this.

Oct 14, 2020 at 1:32 PM Post #43,450 of 65,789
Haha, after spending the effort of pad rolling for my Hemp review, I'm now rolling my eyes at any professional review that doesn't bother to do the same.

Oct 14, 2020 at 2:48 PM Post #43,451 of 65,789
Hey guys, new here. I have a set of Grado Sr60 with custom mahogany cups and new pads along with some mods. im looking for a better set of grados that have a bit more bass and clarity, what would you recommend?

Whats your budget ? I think pretty much any of the current lineup would be an upgrade for you, from an $80 SR60e to $2400 PS2000e.

You probably should just get them all to be extra sure 😊

Oct 14, 2020 at 2:50 PM Post #43,452 of 65,789
Whats your budget ? I think pretty much any of the current lineup would be an upgrade for you, from an $80 SR60e to $2400 PS2000e.

You probably should just get them all to be extra sure 😊

i was thinking of just swaping my drivers for turbulent x or Symphone v9. has any one tried these out?

Oct 14, 2020 at 3:05 PM Post #43,453 of 65,789

I don’t know. I just love my RS2e and I wouldn’t buy it after watching this.

Maybe not the best wording. I would totally buy it again, now that I know how it sounds. But without experience and watching this..

Oct 14, 2020 at 3:10 PM Post #43,454 of 65,789
i was thinking of just swaping my drivers for turbulent x or Symphone v9. has any one tried these out?

Turbulent X drivers, from what I've heard, do not have a lot of bass. You might be better off with Symphone or Nhoord drivers.

Another thing you can do is vent your SR60 drivers...three holes should do the trick. I just finished a build with SR60i drivers (three holes) and there is a day and night difference going from stock to vented drivers. Everything improved -- the sound stage is wider, the highs are not as sibilant and the drivers can actually produce bass (both mid and sub bass).

If you are already thinking of changing drivers then you have nothing to lose. If you don't like what you hear then you can try an aftermarket driver. A fellow member loaned me his modified Turbulent X (two holes and some other changes) build (I sent it back to him yesterday...sniff) and it was freaking incredible. He informed me that the stock X is not that good. I was thinking of getting the X driver and modifying them, or buying some Nhoord drivers, but the more I hear my vented SR60s the more I'm satisfied with what I've got.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2020 at 3:16 PM Post #43,455 of 65,789
Turbulent X drivers, from what I've heard, do not have a lot of bass. You might be better off with Symphone or Nhoord drivers.

Another thing you can do is vent your SR60 drivers...three holes should do the trick. I just finished a build with SR60i drivers (three holes) and there is a day and night difference going from stock to vented drivers. Everything improved -- the sound stage is wider, the highs are not as sibilant and the drivers can actually produce bass (both mid and sub bass).

If you are already thinking of changing drivers then you have nothing to lose. If you don't like what you hear then you can try an aftermarket driver. A fellow member loaned me his modified Turbulent X (two holes and some other changes) build (I sent it back to him yesterday...sniff) and it was freaking incredible. He informed me that the stock X is not that good. I was thinking of getting the X driver and modifying them, or buying some Nhoord drivers, but the more I hear my vented SR60s the more I'm satisfied with what I've got.

Thanks for the info, my current sr60s are hole punched as it was one of the first mods i did, they sound good but im itching for a touch more bass. Would sr80s 125 or 225s have more bass?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back