Grado Fan Club!
Feb 6, 2020 at 12:07 AM Post #40,861 of 66,254
I have never seen an all-in-one adaptor with a 4-pin female XLR to a 6.5 mm phone plug. If anyone has, please respond.
Here you go.
I sell them for a buck three-eighty!
IMG_0408.jpeg

Feb 6, 2020 at 12:20 AM Post #40,862 of 66,254
Both my PS2000e and my GS2000e, bought with the $175 XLR balanced plug, included an XLR-to-6.5mm phono plug short cable adapter as well. I also requested, because the product literature referred to it, though it was not there, a thick-cabled 6.5mm to 3.5mm adapter. Grado added them at no charge, using that super-thick (12 conductor?) cable that goes on both of the 2000e headphones.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2020 at 3:07 AM Post #40,864 of 66,254
Both my PS2000e and my GS2000e, bought with the $175 XLR balanced plug, included an XLR-to-6.5mm phono plug short cable adapter as well.

That's what I thought I'd read somewhere but wasn't sure. If I needed to use the extension cable I would need to use the XLR-6.5mm adapter too of course. Might just order with the standard plug.

Feb 6, 2020 at 1:52 PM Post #40,865 of 66,254
Question for my fellow Grado fans: I’ve been using my RS2e at my computer as gaming headphones (in addition to music). For team games I’d like to add a microphone to my setup — I’d rather not invest in a gaming headset which will certainly have worse sound than my Grados.

Has anybody solved for this with either a clip on microphone or other external solution? I’d love to see if there are any solutions that work especially well with Grados. I’m not looking to solder or rewire my headphones.

thanks!

Feb 6, 2020 at 3:08 PM Post #40,866 of 66,254
Question for my fellow Grado fans: I’ve been using my RS2e at my computer as gaming headphones (in addition to music). For team games I’d like to add a microphone to my setup — I’d rather not invest in a gaming headset which will certainly have worse sound than my Grados.

Has anybody solved for this with either a clip on microphone or other external solution? I’d love to see if there are any solutions that work especially well with Grados. I’m not looking to solder or rewire my headphones.

thanks!
A modmic should work.

Feb 8, 2020 at 3:50 PM Post #40,867 of 66,254
I never been one to like the sound of my 325is or RS1i w/cushions other then genuine Grados, but @ESL-1 (Joe) had left me with a pair of Beautiful Audio Merino/Leather Hybrid (L) Pads to try, and I must say that I'm very impressed with their comfort & sound.

Ive tried TTVJ Flats 3x and still own a brand new pair that I've try to get used too (again) but still find they're just not for me.
I was very skeptical of the BA pads, but right from my initial listen I found that they took away nothing away from the Grado magic that I love, but added just the right amount of imaging, depth, warmth & relaxation to the sound.

When I spoke with Joe about how I was impressed with their sound, he kindly gifted them to me which was very nice of him to do, so thank you very much, Joe, I appreciate it! Thanks goes out to @bozebuttons as well, nice find, and definitely a great recommendation.

Feb 8, 2020 at 6:30 PM Post #40,872 of 66,254
I used to own a rs2i and 225i and difference between those 2 were apparent with the rs2i having more slam and clarity. My experience with this new ”e” is somewhat more identical to the 225i, so I’m having these thoughts that they put 225 drivers enclosed with the wood...idk

Feb 8, 2020 at 7:02 PM Post #40,873 of 66,254
hi, I recently bought a rs2e with the brown leather headband but noticed that the drivers we’re not red. should’t I be concerned and find out from the manufacturer if they stopped assembling with the red ones?

I bought my RS2E about a year ago and they also do not have red drivers. The drivers are greyish. I bought them new from a reputable Grado dealer. For what it’s worth they also came in the redesigned packaging, not the old school pizza box. I am not sure when they stopped using red drivers or on which models, but it seems to be normal.

Feb 8, 2020 at 7:13 PM Post #40,874 of 66,254
How do you open the cups of the HF2's, is it just glue holding them together? Asked in the Grado Mods threads, I'm unwell at the minute, stroke, looking thousands of pages will not make sense to me.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2020 at 7:19 PM Post #40,875 of 66,254
Sorry to break up the discussion with a Schiit-post, but this is what happens when you're about to eat a nice, fresh, carne asada taco and you get an "emergency" work call (one good thing about getting paid by the hour):
SchittPost_TortillaWarmer.jpg

I got distracted by work and my tortilla got cold :frowning2: Now, I don't think @Jason Stoddard would approve of this, but technically, the efficiency of the Class A amp increases when the heat isn't being wasted, right? (Note, there was no meat, salsa, sour cream, nor pico de gallo present in the tortilla and I may have already cracked open my first beer when the call came in.)

:laughing::laughing:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back