Grado Fan Club!
Oct 16, 2018 at 7:48 AM Post #38,761 of 65,667
They are the same diameter as L-pads (85mm) but a bit deeper (35mm versus 25mm) and the merino wool is softer and feels better against my ears so if your ears are small enough to fit within the merino ear pads then they might be really comfortable for you. Note that I only have the wool (merino version) and not the other leather version. They also came with 2 different density foam inserts which I've yet to try.

i see, thanks for the measurement!

Oct 16, 2018 at 10:07 AM Post #38,762 of 65,667
I had the same opinion about the pads as you do. I went with something along the same line as the Earzonk S cushion pads. And I found they didn't really change the sound on my pair at all, unlike the larger type that cover the entire ear. Best part is you can find them cheap on Amazon. The one's I'm looking at right now are $5. Not sure if it's ok to link, so I'm just giving you the info and you can look for them.
Yep, that is the same option that i finale settled on myself. I just don't get how Grado hasn't attempted a fix of their own, they have to be aware of the complaint level.

Oct 16, 2018 at 10:43 AM Post #38,763 of 65,667
Yep, that is the same option that i finale settled on myself. I just don't get how Grado hasn't attempted a fix of their own, they have to be aware of the complaint level.
I don't know. I see that the negative reviews those pads have is that their not as clear as the original pads. I didn't notice that with mine at all. That said, I'm not sure who made the ones I'm using. I bought them about a year ago and can't remember. Does Vmoda make pads? Because the one thing I do remember is getting them as a paired up special with a Vmoda cable.

Oct 16, 2018 at 1:14 PM Post #38,764 of 65,667
I don't know. I see that the negative reviews those pads have is that their not as clear as the original pads. I didn't notice that with mine at all. That said, I'm not sure who made the ones I'm using. I bought them about a year ago and can't remember. Does Vmoda make pads? Because the one thing I do remember is getting them as a paired up special with a Vmoda cable.
VModa makes pads but its for their brand only and are quite different from any Grado ear pad.

If you post a picture of your ear pads its pretty easy to tell what they are: S-pads (flats), L-pads (bowls) or G-pads (donuts). Also, for the L and G pads if they are original Grado pads they will be constructed with different types of foam and its easy to see the different layers where almost all after market pads are made of only one type of foam.

found this on the web:
grado_earpad_photo_pads_110319.jpg

Oct 16, 2018 at 4:57 PM Post #38,765 of 65,667
VModa makes pads but its for their brand only and are quite different from any Grado ear pad.

If you post a picture of your ear pads its pretty easy to tell what they are: S-pads (flats), L-pads (bowls) or G-pads (donuts). Also, for the L and G pads if they are original Grado pads they will be constructed with different types of foam and its easy to see the different layers where almost all after market pads are made of only one type of foam.

found this on the web:
Definitely S pads. My main complaint with the original pads was I found them to be stiff, and after wearing them for maybe half an hour my ears would hurt. Which I found ridiculous considering how light the Grados are. I first tried the G pads, but they changed the sound too much for my liking. I guess they put too much distance from my ears? But I'm very happy with the S pads. Soft and not abrasive like I felt the old pads were.

Oct 16, 2018 at 9:06 PM Post #38,766 of 65,667
Hello Grado HF friends. I bought a Grado IGe and I paired them with my Sony PHA 1A and my Iphone 6S and it sounds really nice. It sounds very close to my Grado RS2i. I really recomend them to use during travels.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2018 at 11:41 PM Post #38,768 of 65,667
Has anyone listened with the new GS3000e? Are the new set of 'phones basically a GS2000 with cocobolo wood?

The Grado web site shows matching specs for both models and it's a lot for just a change in wood (+400.00 $US).

Oct 17, 2018 at 12:07 AM Post #38,769 of 65,667
I have the original SR60, purchased about a year after Grado started manufacturing headphones.:gs1000smile: I recently got back into headphone listening in a big way, after decades of low interest. My old Grados still sound very good to me. The ear pads needed replacement (no surprise there). I decided to try third-party. The first pair I bought were dirt cheap but uncomfortable, kind of stiff. I tried a friend's RS2e pads, but the dense foam was even more uncomfortable. I liked the hole in the center however, so I looked around and found these from WinnerEco:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06Y2XP91L/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They are awesome for the price! Very comfortable compared to anything else I tried, and they sound better too. They are also quite resistant to picking up dust, hair, etc. I highly recommend them to anyone with Grado Prestige. If anyone gives these a try, I'd be interested to hear your opinions.

I thought I'd also give their G-cushions a try. They do not recommend these for Prestige series, but I thought it was worth investigating. They don't suit the SR60 at all, the sound deteriorated quite noticeably.

Disclaimer: I have no relationship with WinnerEco, just a happy customer.

Oct 17, 2018 at 3:05 AM Post #38,770 of 65,667
It's been awhile since I've seen any good ol' Rock n' Roll posted on here so here it goes:

This song brings back good memories of when me, my brother and some friends first discovered this song. We play the schiit outta it for like two weeks straight every time we were in the car!:metal::smiley:

Oct 17, 2018 at 3:13 AM Post #38,771 of 65,667
It's been awhile since I've seen any good ol' Rock n' Roll posted on here so here it goes:

This song brings back good memories of when me, my brother and some friends first discovered this song. We play the schiit outta it for like two weeks straight every time we were in the car!:metal::smiley:

for the past week, i've been listening to this song, this might be the greatest first track on debut album

Oct 17, 2018 at 3:40 AM Post #38,773 of 65,667
I have the original SR60, purchased about a year after Grado started manufacturing headphones.:gs1000smile: I recently got back into headphone listening in a big way, after decades of low interest. My old Grados still sound very good to me. The ear pads needed replacement (no surprise there). I decided to try third-party. The first pair I bought were dirt cheap but uncomfortable, kind of stiff. I tried a friend's RS2e pads, but the dense foam was even more uncomfortable. I liked the hole in the center however, so I looked around and found these from WinnerEco:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06Y2XP91L/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They are awesome for the price! Very comfortable compared to anything else I tried, and they sound better too. They are also quite resistant to picking up dust, hair, etc. I highly recommend them to anyone with Grado Prestige. If anyone gives these a try, I'd be interested to hear your opinions.

I thought I'd also give their G-cushions a try. They do not recommend these for Prestige series, but I thought it was worth investigating. They don't suit the SR60 at all, the sound deteriorated quite noticeably.

Disclaimer: I have no relationship with WinnerEco, just a happy customer.
Its really funny how different ear pads affect us differently, I've tried those and for me it made the mids too forward and killed a bit of bass but I do agree they are more comfortable than Grado L-pads.

Oct 17, 2018 at 3:50 AM Post #38,775 of 65,667
Speaking of Grado L-cush... is there anything more uncomfortable!? (I'm talking about earpads here folks) seriously:k701smile:
the older flat earpad that being used of pretty much most of older orthos, the level of uncomfortable probably surpassed the L-cush

Users who are viewing this thread

Back