Grado Fan Club!
Oct 13, 2018 at 12:45 PM Post #38,747 of 65,559
Amazon were selling Grado SR60i for $35.50 yesterday, not anymore!

I got in on the $35.50 SR60i a couple of days ago -- still taking a wait and see on this to see if "it" gets actually delivered (between Nov and Dec according to Amazon when I ordered it) and what "it" actually is, but at that price, I couldn't pass up the Grado lotto. :D

Oct 13, 2018 at 1:25 PM Post #38,748 of 65,559
If anyone is interested, I'm selling my PS2000e with +/-50hrs on them.

It’s really tempting as in EU these are listed for 4000 Eur new. Just out of interest, as your pair is xlr terminated does it need recabling for SE? I actually had a home demo of the ps2000e and it truly is a great headphone (wanted to hear how a TOL Grado compares to mines). 4K is just too much for me, lol.

Oct 13, 2018 at 1:31 PM Post #38,749 of 65,559
It’s really tempting as in EU these are listed for 4000 Eur new. Just out of interest, as your pair is xlr terminated does it need recabling for SE? I actually had a home demo of the ps2000e and it truly is a great headphone (wanted to hear how a TOL Grado compares to mines). 4K is just too much for me, lol.

You could just pick up an XLR to 3.5mm or 6.3mm adapter?

Oct 13, 2018 at 2:05 PM Post #38,750 of 65,559
As @cathee mentioned, you can just use an XLR to SE adapter, or you can terminate it to SE.

Oct 13, 2018 at 2:06 PM Post #38,751 of 65,559
Oct 15, 2018 at 9:09 PM Post #38,753 of 65,559
The only complaint that I have with Grado headphones has been the dense foam that seems to irritate me after a much shorter time period than other on ear pads. I wish there was a way to have a softer/smoother surface at the outside while maintaining the shape of the harder denser foam.

Oct 15, 2018 at 9:44 PM Post #38,755 of 65,559
The only complaint that I have with Grado headphones has been the dense foam that seems to irritate me after a much shorter time period than other on ear pads. I wish there was a way to have a softer/smoother surface at the outside while maintaining the shape of the harder denser foam.
You might want to try after market ear pads from ebay, amazon, etc since most are made of only one type of foam which tends to be a bit softer, or try the larger G-pads (Grado or generic) but just be aware that they will alter the sound a bit unless the stock ear pads were G-pads to start with. I've also been trying out some ear pads from Beautiful Audio (Merino) and I find them quite comfortable (way better than L-pads) but they do change the sound quite a bit, good or bad will depend on the individual.

Oct 16, 2018 at 12:59 AM Post #38,756 of 65,559
You might want to try after market ear pads from ebay, amazon, etc since most are made of only one type of foam which tends to be a bit softer, or try the larger G-pads (Grado or generic) but just be aware that they will alter the sound a bit unless the stock ear pads were G-pads to start with. I've also been trying out some ear pads from Beautiful Audio (Merino) and I find them quite comfortable (way better than L-pads) but they do change the sound quite a bit, good or bad will depend on the individual.
would you share your thought about the merino pad? how the sound change also the comfort level of that pad?

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2018 at 1:20 AM Post #38,757 of 65,559
I had the same opinion about the pads as you do. I went with something along the same line as the Earzonk S cushion pads. And I found they didn't really change the sound on my pair at all, unlike the larger type that cover the entire ear. Best part is you can find them cheap on Amazon. The one's I'm looking at right now are $5. Not sure if it's ok to link, so I'm just giving you the info and you can look for them.

Oct 16, 2018 at 3:31 AM Post #38,758 of 65,559
Oct 16, 2018 at 4:04 AM Post #38,759 of 65,559
Oct 16, 2018 at 4:49 AM Post #38,760 of 65,559
thanks! sound like they might suit well with older grado models. is it really an over ear earpads?
They are the same diameter as L-pads (85mm) but a bit deeper (35mm versus 25mm) and the merino wool is softer and feels better against my ears so if your ears are small enough to fit within the merino ear pads then they might be really comfortable for you. Note that I only have the wool (merino version) and not the other leather version. They also came with 2 different density foam inserts which I've yet to try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back