Grado Fan Club!
Jul 2, 2017 at 9:00 AM Post #35,866 of 65,622
No I was posting this message relative to the burn in. I am sure it's a good pair of headphone. It's just crazy how bad it sounds out of the box. I mean very unlistenable.
like others have mentioned. if you're not like what you hear the first time chances are you still not going to like it no matter how long burn in you have done or changing equipment, modding, EQ it. it might alter the sound or make the sound little bit more stable and your brain to adapt to the sound but the character of the headphone still going to be there. once you change the headphone you'll notice it immediately. if the sound character bother you.it will bother you.

the sr325 to my knowledge have those treble boost and with the classic in your face grado sound. some people like it some people don't. i personally don't have problem with it but it made my ear fatigue after a little while. anyway... best of luck! who knows after some burn in you might actually like it

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2017 at 9:10 AM Post #35,867 of 65,622
another review
Grado-PS2000e-featured-image.jpg

http://majorhifi.com/future-meets-past-new-grado-hybrid-ps2000e-headphone-review/

man i've been read nice things about grateful dead but i never listen to their music. anyway this weekend i tried some of their songs and i was little bit disappointed to be honest. it's not like what i was imagine before and i was about to think yea maybe their music it's not my thing and then i tried playing this album.this is very very good

grateful dead europe '72
Grateful_Dead_-_Europe_%2772.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2017 at 5:24 AM Post #35,870 of 65,622
I am on vacation, away from home and my main rig and headphones.

No HD800, no ZMF Omni, no Grado RS1
Just laptop with no amp and a Grado SR60i and this still puts a smile on my face and makes my head bob and feet tap

Jul 4, 2017 at 9:01 AM Post #35,871 of 65,622

Just laptop with no amp and a Grado SR60i and this still puts a smile on my face and makes my head bob and feet tap

Will be heading out shortly and the RS1i's will be the only head-fi gear making the trip. They sound great straight from the ol' iPhone!

I will miss my new-to-me Auralic stack with the PS1k's though... best I've ever heard, bar-none.

Jul 4, 2017 at 9:45 AM Post #35,872 of 65,622
I received a brand new sr325e. Well the drivers are brand new the other parts are used. Not much a problem I can live with that.
Out of the box the sound is nasal, congested, forward, grainy and aggressive. After 50 hours of burn in it's mostly OK but: The center image is still very poor, singers are taking the full center without being precisely focused. Rock music still sound very forward and aggressive. Will give them an additional 250 hours of burn in then I will decide if I keep it.

Bass is quite fine though. I expected less, but it's a very decent mid bass it doesn't leave me on my appetite at all.

Try a look ttle eq to lower the upper mids and highs - once the eq is right you may find a totally transformed listening experience! Also, Grados seem to be designed for relatively low listening volume - try reducing volume somewhat and try again - the full impact and enjoyment of the music still comes through!

Otherwise, they may not be for you.

Jul 4, 2017 at 2:01 PM Post #35,873 of 65,622

Oh, such manly activities, to head out into the wild, back to nature, to be with the bears and fish...roughing it in the woods, eating pemmican, no internet, no mattress, no toilets.

And of course, Grado is essential. I make an annual two-week trip to a cabin on a peninsula in the woods each October. Last year, my one Grado was the SR125; the year before, it was the RS1 (with buttons). No amp, no digital player other than my iPod.

Pure Heaven!

The Cabin.JPG

Jul 4, 2017 at 3:53 PM Post #35,874 of 65,622
I think to take Grados out into the wild is a very sensitive thing to do. When you run out of food you can use the cable of the new models to build a trap to catch a rabbit :slight_smile:
But I had a similar impression last week: Unforseen I was out for 10 days and there was only my first Grado, the SR80. One evening I listened to the last album of Nick Cave "Skeleton tree" and was surprised how nice the SR80 sounded... this was a nice moment...

Jul 4, 2017 at 4:32 PM Post #35,875 of 65,622
there is a reason why sr60, sr80, sr125 gained a legendary status

have fun everyone, hope you all have a nice vacation. take care! and yourself too:beerchug:

Jul 6, 2017 at 12:03 PM Post #35,877 of 65,622
there is a reason why sr60, sr80, sr125 gained a legendary status

have fun everyone, hope you all have a nice vacation. take care! and yourself too:beerchug:

I always feel that the sr60 isn't worth it with the sr80 being around. they're not far from eachother but the sr80 is noticably better in bass and treble tightness imo.

Jul 6, 2017 at 2:01 PM Post #35,878 of 65,622
I always feel that the sr60 isn't worth it with the sr80 being around. they're not far from eachother but the sr80 is noticably better in bass and treble tightness imo.

for me i prefer sr60. i felt sr60 have more raw energy for rock or metal but i only have tried one sr80 so maybe not enough sample to justify it hahaha

Jul 6, 2017 at 3:24 PM Post #35,879 of 65,622
Managed to get my hands a pair of mint, vintage SR60's with pink drivers, been comparing these to my SR80i's and MS2e's. Loving what I'm hearing so far! Getting back in touch with my 2000's rock with some White Stripes, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, and Queens of the Stone Age. This may be a hot take, but at this point I prefer them uber alles! A more balanced headphone than the other two, IMHO. Not to mention you can really see how Grado has lowered the build quality over time; the cable is much better, rock solid with no twists or kinks, and the headband, while still pleather, is actually stitched! I am impressed.

20170706_150959.jpg

Jul 6, 2017 at 4:31 PM Post #35,880 of 65,622
Any GFClubbers have a MAD Ear they'd be interested to trade (up to a Sugarmaple Sidewinder) or sell? Trying to find one on the secondhand market is hard!

Yeah, no kidding JoeDoe, they are pretty tough find used

Users who are viewing this thread

Back