Grado Fan Club!
Apr 8, 2017 at 5:52 PM Post #35,192 of 65,714
  ps1000e with L-cush. you lost the soundstage,you also lost the balance sound,the treble really bright, but the bass is amazing.i listened to it for about 3 hours.i dig the sound.and then i change it back to g-cush again.yeah never mind

And they don't stay on your head very well with the L cushions either.

I'm becoming a limited edition collector i think. :smiling_imp:

I'm not a collector, so maybe I can interest you in my mint HP2?

Apr 8, 2017 at 6:23 PM Post #35,193 of 65,714
  And they don't stay on your head very well with the L cushions either.

I'm not a collector, so maybe I can interest you in my mint HP2?

correct! the rod always sliding down. but at least better than flat pad. when i tried gs1000 with flat pad, i couldn't even get a good grip, and that gs1000 just super light. i wish ps1000e could be a little bit lighter like that

@Dillan that hp2 would be a nice add to your collection

@joseph69 i think you should keep those hp2. i don't think there's any left out there like your pristine condition, and then when grado release ps2ke or something special in their 65 anniversary you should contact grado and ask for a trade, your hp2 with their new headphone made custom/carved/engraving/special  whatever for you. that hp2 should be in their museum or something 

Apr 8, 2017 at 8:24 PM Post #35,194 of 65,714
​Thanks man. I went to a Grado retail store this afternoon to ask about the availability of GH-2. The shop assistant seems very experienced so I asked him about G-Cush on 500e. He said he never tried it and feared it might impair its attack and control, but he also agreed that it might brighten the treble a bit so probably worth a try. The G-Cush are out of stock here at the moment and I wasn't able to try one, so it would be great if you could try it for me.

Here is what I learned I comparing a PS500 (NOT -e) with L bowls vs. with G Cush (and the PS1000). Higher numbers are better for each feature (row):
http://www.head-fi.org/content/type/61/id/1371950/

I posted the comparison here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/530965/grado-fan-club/24840#post_11609890

Apr 8, 2017 at 8:39 PM Post #35,195 of 65,714
   @joseph69 i think you should keep those hp2. i don't think there's any left out there like your pristine condition, and then when grado release ps2ke or something special in their 65 anniversary you should contact grado and ask for a trade, your hp2 with their new headphone made custom/carved/engraving/special  whatever for you. that hp2 should be in their museum or something 

I hear you about keeping the HP2, but I really don't feel right owning anything which doesn't serve a purpose to me. don't get me wrong, I appreciate them and they sound beautiful and are made excellently (probably the most well crafted headphone ever produced!) I'm just not a collector and I'd rather see someone own them who is a collector or is going to use them.

I would think that Grado would have all 3 variations of the HP1000 BNIB for themselves, but that would be a nice option if it were available to me.

Apr 8, 2017 at 9:17 PM Post #35,196 of 65,714

I hear you about keeping the HP2, but I really don't feel right owning anything which doesn't serve a purpose to me. don't get me wrong, I appreciate them and they sound beautiful and are made excellently (probably the most well crafted headphone ever produced!) I'm just not a collector and I'd rather see someone own them who is a collector or is going to use them.

I would think that Grado would have all 3 variations of the HP1000 BNIB for themselves, but that would be a nice option if it were available to me.

if i'm not mistaken at some point before jonathan join, grado pretty much auction their collections, like all hp1000 they had,even with gs1000 prototype they were selling those of give it as giveaway something like that 

Apr 8, 2017 at 9:24 PM Post #35,198 of 65,714

I'm definitely interested as obviously I am becoming somewhat of a collector in limited edition and rare headphones. I'll give you a PM!

Apr 8, 2017 at 11:07 PM Post #35,199 of 65,714
​Thanks man. I went to a Grado retail store this afternoon to ask about the availability of GH-2. The shop assistant seems very experienced so I asked him about G-Cush on 500e. He said he never tried it and feared it might impair its attack and control, but he also agreed that it might brighten the treble a bit so probably worth a try. The G-Cush are out of stock here at the moment and I wasn't able to try one, so it would be great if you could try it for me.

I've used the G-Cush on the 500e and do enjoy it. It makes them a little more polite, changes the balance a touch. I tend to use them for bigger music, not so much for faster, grittier punk, for instance. More often when you want the sense of space and a slightly more refined treble, touch less bass. Not better, just different. I use the L-Cush more often. Worth it to give it a shot.

Apr 8, 2017 at 11:17 PM Post #35,200 of 65,714

I'm definitely interested as obviously I am becoming somewhat of a collector in limited edition and rare headphones. I'll give you a PM!
@Dillan my brother, these headphones are meant to be enjoyed! I do understand maybe not wanting to open up all the goodies at the same time. From what I can see you really seem to enjoy your Rs2e and your new acquisitions will definitely impose on the love you have for the Rs2e somewhat. Quite frankly if you have the budget there's no reason not to love em all and enjoy them like one does with one's children for example. Do yourself a favor and open up those babies somewhere soon along the way, don't keep them in the box! Enjoy them man, you only live once!

If you need some logical reasoning, I'll try to accommodate (even in my slightly inebriated state of mind).
The Gh1 despite being a limited edition, they made too many of them so much like the hp1 variants, they'll always come up for sale occasionally.
The D&G is not really sought after despite what the limited production numbers indicate.

The Gh-2 might be the only one which I believe are not made in big numbers and might become somewhat of a legend imo based on nothing else but my speculation, but even then keeping them in the box will not bring that much more financial gain vs just keeping them in mint condition which is easy to do for most of us on here.

Apr 9, 2017 at 7:01 AM Post #35,201 of 65,714
You know you're a Gradohead when… Your desk looks like this!:

Disclaimer: no this is not how I normally treat my gear. I've been out of town most since Thursday and when I got home last night, they were two review units as well as an all but new pair of 225es waiting for me!

Apr 9, 2017 at 8:34 AM Post #35,203 of 65,714

Really?
I never heard that Grado auctioned off anything.

yea if i'm not mistaken. it was some special occasion joseph or john birthday, charity or something. i didn't see the hp1000 auction( i just read from their info or someone posted at grado thread ). but i did see the gs1000 prototype auction on ebay and i think it was also mention in their facebook page for this one or their old website something like that. for gs1000 prototype,there was 3 or 5 of these prototype, the last one they did a giveaway,but the others they auctioned it,i'm pretty sure it was for charity.it was long time ago like 5-7 years ago

@Dillan my brother, these headphones are meant to be enjoyed! I do understand maybe not wanting to open up all the goodies at the same time. From what I can see you really seem to enjoy your Rs2e and your new acquisitions will definitely impose on the love you have for the Rs2e somewhat. Quite frankly if you have the budget there's no reason not to love em all and enjoy them like one does with one's children for example. Do yourself a favor and open up those babies somewhere soon along the way, don't keep them in the box! Enjoy them man, you only live once!

If you need some logical reasoning, I'll try to accommodate (even in my slightly inebriated state of mind).
The Gh1 despite being a limited edition, they made too many of them so much like the hp1 variants, they'll always come up for sale occasionally.
The D&G is not really sought after despite what the limited production numbers indicate.

The Gh-2 might be the only one which I believe are not made in big numbers and might become somewhat of a legend imo based on nothing else but my speculation, but even then keeping them in the box will not bring that much more financial gain vs just keeping them in mint condition which is easy to do for most of us on here.

and the foam they probably could deteriorate. and pretty sure you don't want this happen when you left your headphone inside

agree for d&g and gh-1. i don't really think it was something really special.so the price probably not going to be that high. it's just like sr325gold,hf1,hf2.it's limited edition but not that special even though i still do think hf-1 really great looking headphone

gh-2 might be something special.and consider the timber they choose, i also think the batch not going to be that many but if they release gh-3 then there's goes your hope

and if you still have no doubt.here some example.imagine something really rare from grado.like super rare you wouldn't even think grado did sell one of these in its day.the joseph grado bookshelf speaker.i have no idea this thing exist until i search for some blackstar on ebay. and encountered this thing, i thought holy ****,the price going to be really expensive but it wasn't it was like $500. the hell 

however if you could get a hold on that BNIB of gh1+gh2 for 20-30years. then you might onto something here

Apr 9, 2017 at 8:34 AM Post #35,204 of 65,714
hey gradoheads. haven't been very active in a while, mostly to save money :), and been busy finishing up our latest vinyl release but I've been lurking here and there.

the pads on my 225i are starting to fall apart. for the fellow Canadians, what's the most economical option for replacements?

Apr 9, 2017 at 8:46 AM Post #35,205 of 65,714
sennheiser 414 pad? that's the most economical without sacrificing a lot from the sound output

Users who are viewing this thread

Back