Grado Fan Club!
Dec 30, 2016 at 6:45 AM Post #34,141 of 66,280
  @AWS Soul
Welcome.  This thread is not usually "derailed" as it has been the past few days...must have been a full moon.

I began my Grado journey with the SR125i, used from eBay, and recently acquired the RS2e, as well.  I have both the Grado G cushions, and the Earzonk G cushions, and tried them both on the RS2e.  I preferred the L cushions on the RS2e.

Thanks buddy ,  i'm currently with S-Cush on my RS-2e & with a bit of a boost in the 4-8 khz on my E.Q it sounds pretty awesome.      I was tempted to buy me a SR-125e yesterday , but decided to save for a PS-500e instead.
Do you listen to any music with lead guitars on your RS2e ?  ,  if so do you find the centre quite thin during a guitar solo ?? .

Cheers bro

Dec 30, 2016 at 7:16 AM Post #34,142 of 66,280

Thanks buddy ,  i'm currently with S-Cush on my RS-2e & with a bit of a boost in the 4-8 khz on my E.Q it sounds pretty awesome.      I was tempted to buy me a SR-125e yesterday , but decided to save for a PS-500e instead.
Do you listen to any music with lead guitars on your RS2e ?  ,  if so do you find the centre quite thin during a guitar solo ?? .

Cheers bro

Yes, I listen to quite a lot of guitar centered music...Pat Metheny, John Abercrombie, John McLaughlin, Al DiMeola, Jeff Beck, John Scofield, Frank Zappa.   I like my RS2e just fine with the L cushions for this type of music.  Perhaps coming to the Grado sound after having other headphones, the mids are so gorgeous with the Grados that I don't notice any weak points.  Hard to say.  Could be that my ears are not quite as sensitive as yours.

I listened extensively to the PS500 at my local shop (not the e version, though), and chose the RS2e over them...liked the PS500 but preferred the comfort, clarity, and overall sound signature of the RS2e.

I have modded my RS125i with wood cups and use the G cushions.  I like them for the bass.

Dec 30, 2016 at 10:50 AM Post #34,143 of 66,280

Yes think i'll order some flats this weekend from TTVJ while i've got a bit of spare cash ,   i just hope the postage to UK doesn't do to much damage.

good luck then. if i remember correctly the international postage almost like $10-20 something like that.
you might want to try sr325 gold. it probably suit your music well, with guitar oriented especially electric guitar

and i think someone in this forum going to acquire grado hp2

btw maybe someone interested
http://www.ebay.com/itm/FREE-P-P-Grado-GS1000i-Replacement-Drivers-/142227863714?hash=item211d70f8a2:g:SAEAAOSwo4pYZWMW
i dont know if its genuine drivers but if it's true, that's going to be some serious project

Dec 31, 2016 at 12:44 AM Post #34,144 of 66,280
Hey GradoHeads, I'm a long time lurker (i-days), all my Grados are E series, LOVE'EM, I've got them up to gs1000e, John Grado recommended them to me. Question? Ps1000 or ps1000e. Never had the "I" series. I don't believe there's a right or wrong answer I just want a head bobbin foot tapping Grado ps1000. I was also recommended the rs2000e. Quandry. E or pre E? I probably can't go wrong either way. If I had the cash it'd be both. I know ruthie/John love the gs1000i, maybe I'll sell the e and go with i or gs2000e and a ps1000 or ps1000e. Oh the choices argh. 6 of 1, 1/2 dozen of the other. I think this debate might go on forever.

Dec 31, 2016 at 12:53 AM Post #34,145 of 66,280
Hey GradoHeads, I'm a long time lurker (i-days), all my Grados are E series, LOVE'EM, I've got them up to gs1000e, John Grado recommended them to me. Question? Ps1000 or ps1000e. Never had the "I" series. I don't believe there's a right or wrong answer I just want a head bobbin foot tapping Grado ps1000. I was also recommended the rs2000e. Quandry. E or pre E? I probably can't go wrong either way. If I had the cash it'd be both. I know ruthie/John love the gs1000i, maybe I'll sell the e and go with i or gs2000e and a ps1000 or ps1000e. Oh the choices argh. 6 of 1, 1/2 dozen of the other. I think this debate might go on forever.

There wasn't a "pre-e" GS2K…the GS2Ke is Grados latest release.
Hard to say which between the PS1K's, both sound great, it's just a matter of personal preference.

Dec 31, 2016 at 1:02 AM Post #34,146 of 66,280
I'm sorry Joseph, you are correct, I'm typing from an iPhone, I meant the new gs2000e. You're also correct about the preference on the ps1000's. I live in a small town and can't go to try out the ps1000 or ps1000e. I know you've had both, I wanted to buy you're ps1000e's when you put them up for sale. Congrats on the hp1000s.

Dec 31, 2016 at 9:32 AM Post #34,147 of 66,280

When I compared the PS1000 to the PS1000e, here is what I found (as well as for the GH1 with G Cush - higher numbers are better).

Dec 31, 2016 at 11:12 AM Post #34,149 of 66,280
I'm sorry Joseph, you are correct, I'm typing from an iPhone, I meant the new gs2000e. You're also correct about the preference on the ps1000's. I live in a small town and can't go to try out the ps1000 or ps1000e. I know you've had both, I wanted to buy you're ps1000e's when you put them up for sale. Congrats on the hp1000s.

No need to apologize, I just didn't want you to be mislead by thinking there was a "pre-e" GS2K.
It's hard for me to demo as well, which is why I pretty much buy/try then sell.
Thank you for the congratulations on the HP1000.
beerchug.gif

Jan 1, 2017 at 3:44 AM Post #34,151 of 66,280
  Yes, I listen to quite a lot of guitar centered music...Pat Metheny, John Abercrombie, John McLaughlin, Al DiMeola, Jeff Beck, John Scofield, Frank Zappa.   I like my RS2e just fine with the L cushions for this type of music.  Perhaps coming to the Grado sound after having other headphones, the mids are so gorgeous with the Grados that I don't notice any weak points.  Hard to say.  Could be that my ears are not quite as sensitive as yours.

I listened extensively to the PS500 at my local shop (not the e version, though), and chose the RS2e over them...liked the PS500 but preferred the comfort, clarity, and overall sound signature of the RS2e.

I have modded my RS125i with wood cups and use the G cushions.  I like them for the bass.

Ahhhh  ok ,  maybe it's just my ears then ,  as i'm coming from listening to my SR-325e for over a year solid straight to my RS-2e.     One thing i have noticed is that chello's sound incredible on my RS-2e ,  wow.

Jan 1, 2017 at 3:49 AM Post #34,152 of 66,280

good luck then. if i remember correctly the international postage almost like $10-20 something like that.
you might want to try sr325 gold. it probably suit your music well, with guitar oriented especially electric guitar

and i think someone in this forum going to acquire grado hp2

btw maybe someone interested
http://www.ebay.com/itm/FREE-P-P-Grado-GS1000i-Replacement-Drivers-/142227863714?hash=item211d70f8a2:g:SAEAAOSwo4pYZWMW
i dont know if its genuine drivers but if it's true, that's going to be some serious project

I have the SR-325e and it blows me away for rock music ,  im also a huge fan of some electronic music genre's like - deep house , breakbeat etc ,   and the SR-325e has handled everything with style & class.    I hear the gold 325 is bright enough to strip the flesh from your ear canal's , is this true or an old wives tale ??

Jan 1, 2017 at 4:44 AM Post #34,153 of 66,280

@joseph69 - I've just received a new pair of official S-Cush today , so i'm trying them on my RS-2e for fun .     I'm not going to quarter mod this pair.    
The sound is very interesting indeed , the S-Cush has helped thicken up the centre panned lead guitar on Joe Satriani .      This was my only criticism of the RS-2e , that centre panned tracks are quite thin , whilst tracks panned to either L/R sound thicker.    The S-Cush has helped solve this issue.

@joseph69 , i'm after a bit of guidance if you could please sir.     I have been on TTVJ website and there are two kinds of flats .  there is a normal flat & a deluxe flat ,  which one is it that i should be purchasing ???

Jan 1, 2017 at 8:25 AM Post #34,154 of 66,280
@AWS Soul

it's not a myth.it's really bright. it was the brightest grado in that generation.and later on they start introduce the 325is something like that.back to normal silver-ish color. it has different tuning. and not as bright as the gold one.the gold one as far as i know remain the brightest grado. listening rock and metal really wow me with that headphone as long as its not a big group because separation and depth not really a focal point with 325 gold. but after listening for a while, my ears start to fatigue. not really my top choice for grado headphone but some people like it though  

deluxe pad is the new upgraded from the ttvj flat pad. i don't know how many people has listen with deluxe flat pad yet.but when people said flat pad they refer to the ttvj flat pad not the deluxe ttvj flat pad. i'm curious though how the deluxe pad would sound. ttvj flat pad used to be my favourite pad until the comfortable syndrome start to hit me

Jan 1, 2017 at 8:37 AM Post #34,155 of 66,280
  @AWS Soul

it's not a myth.it's really bright. it was the brightest grado in that generation.and later on they start introduce the 325is something like that.back to normal silver-ish color. it has different tuning. and not as bright as the gold one.the gold one as far as i know remain the brightest grado. listening rock and metal really wow me with that headphone as long as its not a big group because separation and depth not really a focal point with 325 gold. but after listening for a while, my ears start to fatigue. not really my top choice for grado headphone but some people like it though  

deluxe pad is the new upgraded from the ttvj flat pad. i don't know how many people has listen with deluxe flat pad yet.but when people said flat pad they refer to the ttvj flat pad not the deluxe ttvj flat pad. i'm curious though how the deluxe pad would sound. ttvj flat pad used to be my favourite pad until the comfortable syndrome start to hit me

ok ,  i guess i might take a gamble and order the deluxe .......  scratch that.........what the hell i'm gonna order a deluxe and a normal.     
If i order one and not the other i'm going to be left in the land of Grado if , but , what , should of  ....... etc 
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back