Grado Fan Club!
Dec 28, 2016 at 7:43 AM Post #34,126 of 66,283
@eserafinojr,
White drivers are Nhoord: http://www.nhoord.com/
Really like the original Ypsilon but they came out with new ones: S2 and R1, I have both on order, should be here in a few weeks
The cups that I have are from Turbulent, Rholupat, Yew Woodworks and Elleven Acoustica: woods are mahogany, rosewood, cocobolo, Asian ironwood, walnut

Dec 28, 2016 at 10:08 AM Post #34,127 of 66,283
  @eserafinojr,
White drivers are Nhoord: http://www.nhoord.com/
Really like the original Ypsilon but they came out with new ones: S2 and R1, I have both on order, should be here in a few weeks
The cups that I have are from Turbulent, Rholupat, Yew Woodworks and Elleven Acoustica: woods are mahogany, rosewood, cocobolo, Asian ironwood, walnut

Cant wait ti hear your impressions and see some photos as well.

Dec 28, 2016 at 11:29 AM Post #34,129 of 66,283
  I was wondering if anyone had any luck finding a hard or soft case that would fit the 325E's with the G cushions. I sprung for the official Grado case but they only fit with the L pads. Thanks!

if i'm not mistaken, my friend use this for his gs1000i

http://www.jaben.com.au/products/hip-case

Dec 29, 2016 at 10:39 AM Post #34,132 of 66,283
  I was wondering if anyone had any luck finding a hard or soft case that would fit the 325E's with the G cushions. I sprung for the official Grado case but they only fit with the L pads. Thanks!

@esarefinojr recommended the Pelican-1400 case for my HP2 but my HP2 use TTVJ Flat Pads.    I didn't purchase the case being I have a wooden box for my HP2 so I'm not sure if the G cushions will fit? You simply pluck the foam out to the shape you desire, so maybe?
All of the specifications for the case are (HERE) along with the least expensive price I've seen from B&H Photo which is very close to your location.

Dec 29, 2016 at 3:20 PM Post #34,133 of 66,283
  This is the consensus using the G cushions with the SR/RS models. You may really like TTVJ Flat Pads which will bring the drivers closer to you ears and add some bass but at the cost of loosing some upper frequencies and sound-stage, but check them out a lot of people really like them and the original RS1 came stock with them, but they where also tuned differently as well.
Those are gorgeous!

@joseph69 - I've just received a new pair of official S-Cush today , so i'm trying them on my RS-2e for fun .     I'm not going to quarter mod this pair.    
The sound is very interesting indeed , the S-Cush has helped thicken up the centre panned lead guitar on Joe Satriani .      This was my only criticism of the RS-2e , that centre panned tracks are quite thin , whilst tracks panned to either L/R sound thicker.    The S-Cush has helped solve this issue. 

Dec 29, 2016 at 3:54 PM Post #34,134 of 66,283

@joseph69 - I've just received a new pair of official S-Cush today , so i'm trying them on my RS-2e for fun .     I'm not going to quarter mod this pair.    
The sound is very interesting indeed , the S-Cush has helped thicken up the centre panned lead guitar on Joe Satriani .      This was my only criticism of the RS-2e , that centre panned tracks are quite thin , whilst tracks panned to either L/R sound thicker.    The S-Cush has helped solve this issue. 

Good for you. I found the S cushions to give a nice warm mid-range with the SR-RS models. Still, somewhere down the road you might want to try TTVJ Flat Pads, sounds like you'll really enjoy them. 

Dec 29, 2016 at 5:41 PM Post #34,138 of 66,283
I have mine gs2000e attached to the space schiitle heading for Mars and using wornout doghear(D lush),fixed cabel overdrive illusion, buttons backwards, metal/no metal/oak/reburnt hiwire and at last, I keep them in a plastic box made by an arcitect from Chile. Beat that. Whats the point, good folks? Love :wink:

Dec 30, 2016 at 6:17 AM Post #34,139 of 66,283
@AWS Soul
Welcome.  This thread is not usually "derailed" as it has been the past few days...must have been a full moon.

I began my Grado journey with the SR125i, used from eBay, and recently acquired the RS2e, as well.  I have both the Grado G cushions, and the Earzonk G cushions, and tried them both on the RS2e.  I preferred the L cushions on the RS2e.

Dec 30, 2016 at 6:40 AM Post #34,140 of 66,283
  Good for you. I found the S cushions to give a nice warm mid-range with the SR-RS models. Still, somewhere down the road you might want to try TTVJ Flat Pads, sounds like you'll really enjoy them. 

Yes think i'll order some flats this weekend from TTVJ while i've got a bit of spare cash ,   i just hope the postage to UK doesn't do to much damage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back