Grado Fan Club!
Jun 29, 2016 at 4:54 PM Post #32,566 of 65,633
None of  mine have never fallen apart in the 5yrs I've owned them. 
As far as the cables, I never let the cups spin…I lay them flat, pick them up, turn the drivers 90° inwards and place them on my head, after use I turn the drivers 90° outwards then lay them flat again…keeps the cables excellent!

I do the same. I don't like kinks in the cable. I even go as far to make sure that the contact point of the curvature of the cable inside the cups is in the center of the grill too. Hahaha Its part of my 'Grado routine'.

Jun 29, 2016 at 4:57 PM Post #32,567 of 65,633
I do the same. I don't like kinks in the cable. I even go as far to make sure that the contact point of the curvature of the cable inside the cups is in the center of the grill too. Hahaha Its part of my 'Grado routine'.

Me too, as to as I get a new Grado, I let the cups hang and let the wires untwist until the wiring is straight on the drivers.

Jun 29, 2016 at 5:42 PM Post #32,568 of 65,633
  None of  mine have never fallen apart in the 5yrs I've owned them. 
As far as the cables, I never let the cups spin…I lay them flat, pick them up, turn the drivers 90° inwards and place them on my head, after use I turn the drivers 90° outwards then lay them flat again…keeps the cables excellent!

I let mine hang on a Woo stand and thinking about it now, I don't ever really turn the cups. I just kind of wiggle them on my head into the right listening position.

Same here. My routine is unplug the HP from the amp, turn on the amp, wait until I hear the "tink" of the Lyr catching the tube signal, then plug in the HP.

I have owned 6 Grado HPs and the build quality varies a little. The older ones are all just fine, not a scratch, nice clean craftsmanship. The GH1 is just a little rough where the cushions go, not bad though. The GS2ke has a couple rough spots on the right cup, I'm sure it deals with the selection quality of the mahogany. Grado must've not wanted to discard anything. I'm alright with it, cosmetic issues have yet to interfere with the SQ.

Jun 29, 2016 at 9:48 PM Post #32,569 of 65,633
  I wish Grado build quality was a little better. Most people disagree with me, but they always feel cheap and plastic when I hold them. Not to mention mine have fallen apart after a few months of light use and the cables ALWAYS get annoying.

Haven't seen a Grado build "fall apart" but the oldest I've seen are under 10 years old.  As for the cables, I don't care for the new 8 conductor wire used on my SR-225e and RS2e, way to heavy for such a light headphone, changed mine out for some Mogami cables, much lighter, more flexible, use a TRS 3.5mm with screw on 6.3mm, and no changes in the sound.

Jun 29, 2016 at 11:31 PM Post #32,573 of 65,633
  I'm seriously bored with my 325e. I used to love it but now it's so boring. I need some other Grados in my life.

Why would you say this…whats wrong with them, their a huge hit among Grado fans?

I feel that way about every headphone I use after a few months

Really…every HP?
You both need an RS1i/GH1 or a PS1K…you won't be bored then!
Haven't heard the GS2Ke yet, but sure sound like they wouldn't bore you either. 

Jun 29, 2016 at 11:37 PM Post #32,574 of 65,633
I NEVER get bored with a headphone (well, not QUITE true...I got really bored with the NAD VISO hp50, but that boredom inspired me to buy the PS500 as my first Grados). I still listen to them and wallow in their unique sound, as well as the SR 60, SR 80, SR80e, and all the other Grados. Each is a joy to rediscover!

Jun 29, 2016 at 11:46 PM Post #32,575 of 65,633
Why would you say this…whats wrong with them, their a huge hit among Grado fans?

Really…every HP?

I NEVER get bored with a headphone (well, not QUITE true...I got really bored with the NAD VISO hp50, but that boredom inspired me to buy the PS500 as my first Grados). I still listen to them and wallow in their unique sound, as well as the SR 60, SR 80, SR80e, and all the other Grados. Each is a joy to rediscover!

Just ordered the LCD-4. Once I figure out which amp/dac to pair it with, I plan to order the RS2e, ps500e and 325e to compliment!

Hopefully I don't get bored of the LCD, I plan on it being my end game. With the grados to add sparkle and fun for more casual listening.

Jun 30, 2016 at 12:06 AM Post #32,576 of 65,633
Just ordered the LCD-4. Once I figure out which amp/dac to pair it with, I plan to order the RS2e, ps500e and 325e to compliment!

Hopefully I don't get bored of the LCD, I plan on it being my end game. With the grados to add sparkle and fun for more casual listening.

Congratulations…can't wait to hear your impressions.
Have you ever heard an Audeze before?

Jun 30, 2016 at 2:28 AM Post #32,577 of 65,633
Jun 30, 2016 at 3:19 AM Post #32,578 of 65,633
The Doctor prescribes the GS2000e.......all happy owners would concur.
cool.gif

:frowning2: I still can't even afford an old pair of GS1k :frowning2:

Really…every HP?

There's nothing wrong with the 325. It's just that I've used these for too long and for quite a long time they were my only headphones.

Also, this is the 3rd pair of 325e that I've had. I went through 3 versions of the 325is too.. In this past month I've bought k7xx, HD540, ATH-AD2000. The THX00 is waiting for a flight and there's a DIY Grado (iGrado drivers, chinese-made cups) waiting in my good friend's hands. Sure they're different and NOT better than the 325e, but my beloved Grado already get too little listening time these days.

My ears need something new or just different. I'm thinking of looking for the RS1i, RS2e or going for this Magnum
https://sg.carousell.com/p/48210203/?rank=81

I envy you, John. If I can afford it I'd also drown myself in Grados. But I know if I sell my 325e now in a few months I'd be looking for it again.

Jun 30, 2016 at 4:34 AM Post #32,579 of 65,633
I believe as we age we appreciate the finer qualities of music and Grados' with all their pros and cons let's this happen.
Wouldn't have it any other way.

Jun 30, 2016 at 9:53 AM Post #32,580 of 65,633
  Congratulations…can't wait to hear your impressions.
Have you ever heard an Audeze before?

Yep! I have never heard a pair of Audeze that I didn't enjoy. My girlfriend owns a 2016 EL-8o that I listen to frequently. The LCD-4 were incredible during my short demo, only thing I kinda hate is the treble shoots up rapidly after like 8khz and my ears can be really sensitive in that range so they were kind of fatiguing. The mid range was the best I have ever heard though so ultimately I went with them.

Also every time I sell a headphone I usually miss it after a while again. I think it is good to have a small variety and switch it up from time to time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back