Grado Fan Club!
Jun 25, 2016 at 11:23 PM Post #32,506 of 65,633
Really?
Although I haven't heard the GS2Ke (yet) I find the RS1i to be one of my favorite Grados for detail…if not the my most favorite for detail.

EDIT: I also find the sound-stage to be fine…of course not the biggest, but fine for me.

I did forget to mention that I don't hear the veil at all in the rs1is. Highs seem better to me on those than the ps1000e.

Jun 25, 2016 at 11:34 PM Post #32,507 of 65,633
Yeah it does and while the ps1000e has a ton going for it it doesn't quite hit that spot that the rs1i has hit for me.

It does do very very well though. Maybe it's because it's more neutral sounding to me and not quite as fun but still fun in its own way. If I had to mix music in one of them it would probably be the ps1ke but for fun probably rs1i.

They r both just so good. They both impress me equally but rs1i hits the spot sometimes a little more lol. Who knows what will happen and which I will keep or if I keep both.

You'll end up keeping both for their unique differences.
One is not "better" than the other, but like I said just "different".  

Jun 26, 2016 at 12:28 AM Post #32,509 of 65,633
Really?
Although I haven't heard the GS2Ke (yet) I find the RS1i to be one of my favorite Grados for detail…if not the my most favorite for detail.

EDIT: I also find the sound-stage to be fine…of course not the biggest, but fine for me.

The RS1i's were my "go to" for detail retrieval before the discovering the GS2Ke. The RS1I's were the headphones that were able to let me appreciate some of the qualities that the Chord Mojo has over my other dacs. So the RS1i does scale really well too. I also found the soundstage to be intimately round and just short of natural sounding when some musical passages became complex. Truth be told if finances weren't an issue I would still own the RS1i now. 

Quote:
I did forget to mention that I don't hear the veil at all in the rs1is. Highs seem better to me on those than the ps1000e.

I feel that the highs on the RS1i are nicely extended, articulate, fast, and euphoric. The problem I came upon occasionally was the peak in the lower treble/upper mids. Due to the said peak, it causes a narrowing of the sounds stage for me as it takes away from a more desired linear presentation of the these regions (upper Mids & Treble). The Mid Bass rise doesn't help either. This will also lead to premature listening fatigue for me. The GS2Ke has a more linear mid to treble transition while avoiding any offensive peaks in doing so with no mid bass rise either. As a result you are able to enjoy greater detail with an expanded soundstage and no irritating peaks. On a side note, these "peaks" are probably more of an issue for me or more noticeable as I only have listened to/use solid state amps.

No veil either to my ears…crystal clear!

I feel that the RS1i's are a detail oriented headphone with a mid region emphasis. I LOVE this presentation but I have found that this is not a neutral presentation and as a result colors my music. The GS2Ke is very linear and airy to my ears. To my ears, the GS2Ke is a clear upgrade and not just a different sonic flavor in regards to the RS1i.

Jun 26, 2016 at 12:32 AM Post #32,510 of 65,633
I feel that the highs on the RS1i are nicely extended, articulate, fast, and euphoric. The problem I came upon occasionally was the peak in the lower treble/upper mids. Due to the said peak, it causes a narrowing of the sounds stage for me as it takes away from a more desired linear presentation of the these regions (upper Mids & Treble). The Mid Bass rise doesn't help either. This will also lead to premature listening fatigue for me. The GS2Ke has a more linear mid to treble transition while avoiding any offensive peaks in doing so with no mid bass rise either. As a result you are able to enjoy greater detail with an expanded soundstage and no irritating peaks. On a side note, these "peaks" are probably more of an issue for me or more noticeable as I only have listened to/use solid state amps.

I feel that the RS1i's are a detail oriented headphone with a mid region emphasis. I LOVE this presentation but I have found that this is not a neutral presentation and as a result colors my music. The GS2Ke is very linear and airy to my ears. To my ears, the GS2Ke is a clear upgrade and not just a different sonic flavor in regards to the RS1i.

Have u compared the gs2ke withe ps1ke?

Jun 26, 2016 at 12:40 AM Post #32,511 of 65,633
Have u compared the gs2ke withe ps1ke?

I wish!!! On a personal note I'm not sure that I will ever pony up the dough to listen the PS1Ke outside of a Head-Fi meet. This is because I didn't like the actual weight of the PS1K when I auditioned them. Although a PS2Ke might sway me.

Jun 26, 2016 at 7:27 AM Post #32,513 of 65,633

My comparative listening to the RS1i vs the PS1000e confirms what you say... the transparency (or lack of veil) is greater on the RS1i.  However, the treble detail seems better on the PS1000e.

Jun 26, 2016 at 9:54 AM Post #32,515 of 65,633

I feel that the RS1i's are a detail oriented headphone with a mid region emphasis. I LOVE this presentation but I have found that this is not a neutral presentation and as a result colors my music. The GS2Ke is very linear and airy to my ears. To my ears, the GS2Ke is a clear upgrade and not just a different sonic flavor in regards to the RS1i

I;ll have to borrow the GS2Ke as soon as I can now, thanks.

Quote:
I wish!!! On a personal note I'm not sure that I will ever pony up the dough to listen the PS1Ke outside of a Head-Fi meet. This is because I didn't like the actual weight of the PS1K when I auditioned them. Although a PS2Ke might sway me.

PS2Ke?

Jun 26, 2016 at 12:10 PM Post #32,517 of 65,633
I had heard a rumor that a PS2Ke might be coming out based on the GS2Ke platform but it was only a rumor, it now sounds like it may be closer to happening.

eek.gif

Jun 26, 2016 at 7:51 PM Post #32,520 of 65,633

Hi all.  

I'm listining my favorite music with my Macbook Pro Retina > T1 Aune Amperex 7308 tube > RS1i.  So so so good!!!

smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back