Grado Fan Club!
Feb 23, 2016 at 10:27 PM Post #30,871 of 66,264
  @BobG55 

Your welcome.
I'm not surprised the 325 sound better than the PS1Ke…I much prefer the PS1Kx out of a SS amp rather than tube.
All of my Grados sound great out of the WA6, but I'm not a fan of the PS1Kx driven from it. 
confused_face.gif

You know I'm glad you're mentioning this.  With my Benchmark DAC1 HDR/HPA2 HP Amp (ss) the PS1Ke is definitely the better of the four (others : SR325e, PS500e & HD600) but they don't sound as good with the Sidewinder (tubes.)  Well this situation creates a diversity for synergy & different sounds, especially if you get into tube rolling but I'm not going there, can't afford it right now. M-U-S-T R-E-S-I-S-T, M-U-S-T B-E R-E-A-S-O-N-A-B-L-E (my personal soliloquy for the rest of this year = I'm broke.) 
frown.gif

Feb 23, 2016 at 10:27 PM Post #30,872 of 66,264
  Hey guys, as some of you know, due the the severity of my Crohn's disease, I have been on massive doses of pain medication for nearly 3 years now. I have decided to stop taking oxycodone.
I know that this will be very hard on my body, and my mind. Because of this, I might be absent from Head-Fi for a few weeks.

Don't think that you'll get rid of me, that easy. I shall be back, in the mean time, play nice, and keep on rocking, my fellow Storm Troopers.
biggrin.gif

As a person with Ulcerative Colitis, I can full-well understand.  Though unfortunately for me, pain medication has -never- worked, and actually exaggerates things.  But been relapse free and inflammation free for a year now, and four years before my last relapse, with a minor problem here or there.  Hope you get back soon, man!  

Feb 23, 2016 at 10:31 PM Post #30,873 of 66,264
  @BobG55 

Your welcome.
I'm not surprised the 325 sound better than the PS1Ke…I much prefer the PS1Kx out of a SS amp rather than tube.
All of my Grados sound great out of the WA6, but I'm not a fan of the PS1Kx driven from it. 
confused_face.gif

This is rather perplexing to me... The PS1K should be closer to neutral than the 325.  I do enjoy the 325e with my hybrid Little Dot I+ though.

Feb 23, 2016 at 10:39 PM Post #30,874 of 66,264
  This is rather perplexing to me... The PS1K should be closer to neutral than the 325.  I do enjoy the 325e with my hybrid Little Dot I+ though.

Just my preference.
I never enjoyed the PS1Kx out of the WA6. I just like it with a SS better.
That being said, I never heard them out of a different tube amp either, and I have no plans to. 
Funny, I enjoy all my other Grados from either the WA6/GS-1 though. 

Feb 23, 2016 at 10:40 PM Post #30,875 of 66,264

@BobG55 

Your welcome.
confused_face.gif

You're absolutely right, it is perplexing/surprising as I indicated on post #30868.  The tube amp has to be the main reason for this since joseph69 experienced the same result w/ his PS1Ke with the WA6.

Feb 23, 2016 at 10:44 PM Post #30,876 of 66,264
I am still debating on whether to get the SR325e or the RS2e as my introduction in to the land of Grado.  Going to get one, and then try and be content for a few years.  Maybe.  This hobby is one you can practice day in and out and never run out of things to look at!

Feb 23, 2016 at 10:49 PM Post #30,877 of 66,264
  I am still debating on whether to get the SR325e or the RS2e as my introduction in to the land of Grado.  Going to get one, and then try and be content for a few years.  Maybe.  This hobby is one you can practice day in and out and never run out of things to look at!

Might as well go for the RS2e or you'll always be wondering how it sounds. 
This is how mostly everyone here has more than a few Grados, with the exception of @KayandJohn of course. 
biggrin.gif

Feb 23, 2016 at 11:08 PM Post #30,880 of 66,264
@stacker45 Thinking of you. I'm so sorry that you are having a tough time. Positive thoughts are coming your way from London. Next week they will be coming from la France profonde. You will be much missed until you come back to us. "But what would stacker45 have said...?" There'll be a lot of that.

Feb 23, 2016 at 11:10 PM Post #30,881 of 66,264
Hey guys, as some of you know, due the the severity of my Crohn's disease, I have been on massive doses of pain medication for nearly 3 years now. I have decided to stop taking oxycodone.
I know that this will be very hard on my body, and my mind. Because of this, I might be absent from Head-Fi for a few weeks.

Don't think that you'll get rid of me, that easy. I shall be back, in the mean time, play nice, and keep on rocking, my fellow Storm Troopers. :D

My sympathies are with you. May you be transported to a land free of pain through headphone listening. And may you return, pain free and constipation free (someone had to say it... That is what oxycodone does!) to again invite Grado newcomers to The Dark Side.

Feb 23, 2016 at 11:18 PM Post #30,882 of 66,264
  Hah, yeah.  They also suggested the RS2e as the best of all the models of Grado, but last post from them I saw was that they were testing the GH1's.  The RS2e sound good from G-Cush, right?  

Probably not. I've tried them on my 80i/325is/RS1i and didn't care for them, I much preferred the (L) cushions on all of those. The only Grado I've heard that sound good with the (G) cushions is the GH-1 (better IMO). [size=x-small]Also, some say the PS-500x can benefit from the (G) cushions as well, which I've never heard. BTW, I've also never heard any other (e) series except the PS1Ke which I [/size]own and[size=x-small] the GH-1 although it is not carry the (e) series in its name, I do believe it is an (e) driver.[/size]

Feb 24, 2016 at 1:35 AM Post #30,883 of 66,264

@BobG55 

Your welcome.
confused_face.gif

You're absolutely right, it is perplexing/surprising as I indicated on post #30868.  The tube amp has to be the main reason for this since joseph69 experienced the same result w/ his PS1Ke with the WA6.

As much as the Rs1 is well know to have great synergy with the Mad Ear+, I like it better out of the HeadAmp gs-1. Both the Ps1000 and Ps1000e, I prefer them on the Mad Ear+ HD...

@stacker45 Thinking of you. I'm so sorry that you are having a tough time. Positive thoughts are coming your way from London. Next week they will be coming from la France profonde. You will be much missed until you come back to us. "But what would stacker45 have said...?" There'll be a lot of that.

@stacker45 would say something funny first, then would start off the next paragraph with the phrase "but seriously, though....."  
biggrin.gif

Feb 24, 2016 at 2:53 AM Post #30,884 of 66,264
My sympathies are with you. May you be transported to a land free of pain through headphone listening. And may you return, pain free and constipation free (someone had to say it... That is what oxycodone does!) to again invite Grado newcomers to The Dark Side.

This is more heartwarming than a pair of tubes. 

Best wishes to you, stacker!

Feb 24, 2016 at 3:15 AM Post #30,885 of 66,264
i've felt for a long time that my PS1000 are best used with digital sources, while i like my RS1 for analoge.

this solid state/valve amp discussion seems to reaffirm this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back