Grado Fan Club!
Dec 14, 2015 at 5:50 AM Post #29,371 of 65,714

Sorry to take so long, but I had SOOO MANY Grados I had to wade through to find your models!

LMAO!
beerchug.gif

Ha ha ha  ....lost in my Grado's     
biggrin.gif

Dec 14, 2015 at 12:27 PM Post #29,372 of 65,714
I've decided to cancel the BHSE and place all of my electrostatic equipment up for sale.
Placed an order for the PS1Ke which will be here Wednesday. I went with the PS1Ke instead of the PS1K which is still available NOS because I did prefer the percussion instruments with the PS1Ke. It would have been real nice if this had worked out for me, but it didn't, and it's just as well because like all of us here, I do love my Grado's! 
size]

Dec 14, 2015 at 1:55 PM Post #29,373 of 65,714
  I've decided to cancel the BHSE and place all of my electrostatic equipment up for sale.
Placed an order for the PS1Ke which will be here Wednesday. I went with the PS1Ke instead of the PS1K which is still available NOS because I did prefer the percussion instruments with the PS1Ke. It would have been real nice if this had worked out for me, but it didn't, and it's just as well because like all of us here, I do love my Grado's! 
size]

I actually had that problem back in 1979 with AKG 240's.  My ears felt real funny, with a slight ringing and itch in my ear.

I've not had it since.

Dec 14, 2015 at 2:10 PM Post #29,374 of 65,714
  I actually had that problem back in 1979 with AKG 240's.  My ears felt real funny, with a slight ringing and itch in my ear.
I've not had it since.

Same exact thing here…my ears just couldn't take the "glare" the Stax have.
My initial impressions of the 009 were WOW these are incredible, but I now know that new toy syndrome played a very big part in this. I might have mislead some by saying the 009 was the only HP I preferred over the PS1K (sorry) when in reality, after switching to the RS1i/GH-1/G because I had already sold the PS1K so I could only go by memory, I enjoyed my Grado's more.  I can't wait to get the PS1Ke which I have already had demoed in the past for 10-days. I also feel the Grados are much more dynamic/spacious sounding than the Stax with much more life like musicality…just my opinion/preference.
beerchug.gif

Dec 14, 2015 at 2:17 PM Post #29,375 of 65,714
BTW, a couple of good things which came out of this was that I now know I have a more than sufficient sound system for myself regardless of cost…much more, and I love the PWDll which I purchased for the Stax system which is a definite keeper!

Dec 14, 2015 at 3:29 PM Post #29,376 of 65,714

1.  My caliper says that the outer diameter of opposite gimbal arms is 2-11/16 inches for the SR325, SR325i, SR325is, and SR325e.  That, and their appearance, would suggest that the inner diameters are the same among all versions of the SR325, though I'd have to actually remove the earpiece to measure (and even Bueller doesn't get that!)

2.  Outside diameter of the outside face of the GS1000e is 3-15/64 inches.

Sorry to take so long, but I had SOOO MANY Grados I had to wade through to find your models!

How do you chose wich one to use John?
eek.gif

I ''only'' own 7 pairs of Grado, and sometimes, I can spend up to 20 minutes trying to decide wich pair will get the nod.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

Dec 14, 2015 at 3:48 PM Post #29,377 of 65,714
size]

You at least have the peace of mind of knowing that you gave the Stax a try, wich, too shicken chit that I am, is more than I can say.
redface.gif

Dec 14, 2015 at 3:57 PM Post #29,378 of 65,714
size]

Dec 14, 2015 at 4:17 PM Post #29,380 of 65,714
  You at least have the peace of mind of knowing that you gave the Stax a try, wich, too shicken chit that I am, is more than I can say.
size]

Yes, I now have peace of mind knowing this. Don't get me wrong, both Stax HP's were very nice but...
I'm actually more excited to get the PS1Ke because I know exactly what I'm getting!

John,
LMAO…that is awesomely hysterical!!!
This has to be the best post I've ever seen.
How much did you win? 
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif

Dec 14, 2015 at 5:11 PM Post #29,381 of 65,714
Stax to me rimes with ''aura''. As many of you know, I'm a car guy. I like all all kinds of cars, sport, luxury, electric, even small cars, I just love the Fiat 500. Anyway, I'm kind of going backward on this 4 Wheel journey. Today at 49, I drive an Acura RSX Type-S, and when I was in my early 20's I owned luxury vehicles.

My first car was given to me by my father. It was a 1976 Oldsmobile Delta ''88''. It was a nice enough car, but back then, the Cadillac brand was synonymous with big luxo boat, so of course, I wanted to own one. I bought my first Caddy when I was 23. It was a white, 1978 Cadillac Eldorado, that had a 7.0 liter engine. I still vividly remember the feeling that I had, coming back from the dealership, cruising down the highway, and seeing that big Cadillac crest standing proudly at the end of that pool table size, hood.
eek.gif

That was my first ''aura'' enhanced experience, but it wasn't my last. The thing is, I have noticed that some of my audio equipment, can enhance my listening sessions with their aura. Case in point my HP1000 (HP2), and their dedicated amp the HPA-2.

According to some people, the ultra rare Grado HP1000 are among the best sounding headphones ever produced, regardless of price. I couldn't help but think about their rarity, and notoriety, as I was listening to them, last night. I get this enhancement from other products too, the intensity can vary, and the reasons can be different, but the feeling is always the same.

I've bought a mint, Akai 4000 DS MK2, for $10, at a garage sale 3 houses down from where I live. It works flawlesly, and they sell for about $175 to $250, in that condition. Whenever I use it, I can't help but feel like the cat who swallowed the canary. I get this feeling from my PS1000, my Bushmills and many other products, and I'd like to know if some of you have had ''aura'' enhanced listening experience, and if so, please, share your experience.
beerchug.gif

Dec 14, 2015 at 5:14 PM Post #29,382 of 65,714

size]

Ha ha ha.....funny stuff  
biggrin.gif

Joseph, congrats on your PS1Ke puchase  
smile.gif

Dec 14, 2015 at 5:20 PM Post #29,383 of 65,714
  Yes, I now have peace of mind knowing this. Don't get me wrong, both Stax HP's were very nice but...
I'm actually more excited to get the PS1Ke because I know exactly what I'm getting!

John,
LMAO…that is awesomely hysterical!!!
This has to be the best post I've ever seen.
How much did you win? 
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif

X2
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back