Grado Fan Club!
Nov 27, 2015 at 2:01 PM Post #29,116 of 65,636
I found my SR-60e's while unpacking books (?) last night.

I foresee some interaction with my iPhone 6s this weekend.  I think I've listened to them 4 times since I got them
frown.gif

Nov 27, 2015 at 6:10 PM Post #29,117 of 65,636
  I found my SR-60e's while unpacking books (?) last night.

I foresee some interaction with my iPhone 6s this weekend.  I think I've listened to them 4 times since I got them
frown.gif

Wonderful to find and look forward to listening to an old long-lost friend!  Even if it is a Grado headphone!

Nov 27, 2015 at 6:15 PM Post #29,118 of 65,636
  Thank you very much.
PP can really give you a hard time, yet they claim they will back you. 
confused_face_2.gif

They'll back you after they put you through hell!

The biggest problem I have had with PayPal is that if you have a credit card AND a bank linked to them AND you have a balance (say from being paid for things people bought from you), when you use PayPal they will first take it from your balance, then from your bank, and only then from your credit card.  You cannot set it up for a default in another order, and though they give you buttons along the route of the transaction that claim to let you choose where money is to be taken from, they don't all work... you always end up using your balance ahead of your bank and usually your bank ahead of your credit card.

I think that they do this automatically to minimize the amount of credit card fees they have to pay.  However, it irritated me so thoroughly that I un-linked my bank from PayPal, accompanied by warnings from PayPal that you can only link and unlink a bank only so often, about once a year or once every 6 months for the same bank.

Nov 27, 2015 at 6:27 PM Post #29,119 of 65,636
  The biggest problem I have had with PayPal is that if you have a credit card AND a bank linked to them AND you have a balance (say from being paid for things people bought from you), when you use PayPal they will first take it from your balance, then from your bank, and only then from your credit card.  You cannot set it up for a default in another order, and though they give you buttons along the route of the transaction that claim to let you choose where money is to be taken from, they don't all work... you always end up using your balance ahead of your bank and usually your bank ahead of your credit card.

I think that they do this automatically to minimize the amount of credit card fees they have to pay.  However, it irritated me so thoroughly that I un-linked my bank from PayPal, accompanied by warnings from PayPal that you can only link and unlink a bank only so often, about once a year or once every 6 months for the same bank.

+1000
This is why my CC wouldn't back me because it was drafted from my bank account, but like you said, when you choose the payment method, they still take the money from where ever they want. I also lost it on them about that. But if you unlink your bank account from PP you loose the privilege of transferring the money in your PP account directly to your bank account, and will have to ask for a check, which takes 2-weeks but not a big deal…plus your only 80% verified and some seller won't deal with you if your not 100% verified…what to do?

Nov 27, 2015 at 7:25 PM Post #29,120 of 65,636
  +1000
This is why my CC wouldn't back me because it was drafted from my bank account, but like you said, when you choose the payment method, they still take the money from where ever they want. I also lost it on them about that. But if you unlink your bank account from PP you loose the privilege of transferring the money in your PP account directly to your bank account, and will have to ask for a check, which takes 2-weeks but not a big deal…plus your only 80% verified and some seller won't deal with you if your not 100% verified…what to do?

Having non-US paypal account? hehehe. The only option I got from Paypal account is paying from credit card so, I never experienced what you guys had. I just know now that there's a 80% verified status. That said, putting money to Paypal balance or paying straight from credit card is pretty expensive in itself in comparison to USD exchange rate though, like 5-6% or so. So.. not that beneficial in itself either.

Nov 27, 2015 at 8:12 PM Post #29,121 of 65,636
Paypal offers a paypal-branded Visa card you can use to buy things by charging to it w/o touching your paypal balance. And the good thing is that when you do so you get a 3% cash bonus, so this is a great deal.
You can pay off the card from your external checking acct (or your paypal balance). 
So this is great because if you float everything bought with paypal through the card, you get that 3% back. They do only give you something like a $5K credit line however.

Nov 27, 2015 at 9:30 PM Post #29,122 of 65,636
  Paypal offers a paypal-branded Visa card you can use to buy things by charging to it w/o touching your paypal balance. And the good thing is that when you do so you get a 3% cash bonus, so this is a great deal.
You can pay off the card from your external checking acct (or your paypal balance). 
So this is great because if you float everything bought with paypal through the card, you get that 3% back. They do only give you something like a $5K credit line however.

I've seen that advertised on PP…I only have 1 CC which is all I need, and I also get cash back bonus points for using it. It seems I've lost a lot of cash back bonus points using PP being they are choosing what ever they wish as payment. 
redface.gif

Nov 27, 2015 at 9:37 PM Post #29,123 of 65,636
  I just had about 1/2 hour, before turning in, for the night, so...
The most obvious difference, is that the GH-1/G sounds more focused, than that of the Bushmills/G. The GH-1/G's bass is not deeper, but it's definately tighter. The voices are crystal clear. The treble has a bit more extension, and it' s more precise. The GH-1/G also sounds louder, at the same volume setting. 
As far as price vs performance goes, both headphones punch way above their weight class. In my opinion, with the G-cush installed, the $395 Bushmills, sound like headphones costing between $700-$800.
When equipped with the G-cush, I think that the $695 GH-1, sound like $1500-$1700, so it's no surprise that they can hang with the PS1K.

Very well said.
Thanks for the comparison, glad you feel so strongly about the GH-1 w(G) cushions because IMO/IME I feel the same way about them!

Nov 27, 2015 at 9:54 PM Post #29,124 of 65,636
I sold off my Gungnir USB-2 and shipped it out today, so I only have my Meridian 203 for my main listening station (also sold the Rega DAC) until tomorrow when I receive the PS Audio PerfectWave DACll. Since I've had the Gungnir/KGSSHV/SR-009 I haven't listened to my other equipment, but the KGSSHV only has XLR inputs/outputs so I can't listen to the 009. I'm listening to my Meridian/GS-1/RS1i for the first time in a while, and I have to admit that NO ONE does vocals like Grado for me! Not only that, but my 1990 Meridian has more bass punch with the Grado's than any other DAC I've had. Sounds real nice to hear this set-up after not hearing it for some time. 
smile.gif
 I understand everyone has their sour preferences…but it is, and always will be beyond me how others can knock Grado's sound? 

Nov 28, 2015 at 2:40 AM Post #29,125 of 65,636
A pleasant end of the evening and some of the wee hours spent listening to Brahms symphonies through four headphones (HD650, HE-500, HD800, PS500) ending with the PS500 (G cush) streaming the music out of the bedroom rig. It sounded a tad harsh round the edges out of the Lovely Cube from the Naim Uniti 2 but now sings happily downstairs connected to the Naim Unitiserve - Gungnir Multibit - Lehmann Linear SE or the Lyr (with Siemens E288CC), which I also tried. What am I saying? The PS500 really scales. Such a pleasure. It also reveals weaknesses in the chain. I would like to hear the PS1000, 'e' or not, I must say. The sense of being there is fabulous...

Nov 28, 2015 at 5:30 AM Post #29,126 of 65,636
I can't usually share songs just by virtue of them not available on Youtube, but lately I got hooked to a pretty good song, and since it's just released ~a week or so ago, there is still a youtube version available on them. Don't know how many will listen to them, but I love the lyrics. It's great with Grado too.

Nov 28, 2015 at 7:10 AM Post #29,127 of 65,636
sonny can play too

Nov 28, 2015 at 7:55 AM Post #29,128 of 65,636
Love me some Sonny Landreth  
L3000.gif

Billy Gibbons too.

Pre shades ZZ Top!....good quality audio....you just need to turn it up.

Nov 29, 2015 at 7:15 AM Post #29,130 of 65,636
not a single post in gradoland thread in 21 hours ! 
did everyone give up their grados ?? 

maybe a little johnny winter can get the joint jumping 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back