Grado Fan Club!
May 13, 2015 at 9:05 PM Post #24,781 of 65,607
  True, just popped over here from Purrin's DAC Thread, enough hate over there, let's go pick some shrooms, spark a couple numbers and discuss how groovy Grados are 
ph34r.gif

Uh, yeah.  I be groovee.

May 13, 2015 at 9:15 PM Post #24,782 of 65,607
  lol, yeah, we're a little nuts aren't we ??
i'll keep my eyes peeled for the ra1

We're not only nuts, we're also more tolerant, and mellow.

Long live The Dark Side.
beerchug.gif

May 13, 2015 at 9:18 PM Post #24,783 of 65,607
Es lebe der dunklen Seite, mit Grado!!!!!!!!!!

May 13, 2015 at 9:24 PM Post #24,784 of 65,607
  Es lebe der dunklen Seite, mit Grado!!!!!!!!!!

Now, tath's what I'm talking about.......I think.
confused_face_2.gif

One thing's for sure, I couldn't have said it better myself. In fact, I couldn't have said it at all.

May 13, 2015 at 9:32 PM Post #24,786 of 65,607

That's exactly what I was thinking when I read Worms post. In my case, about one hour after my bowels ripped, I went into shock, and lost conciensness. Also I think that my heart stoped only a few seconds, so I don't remember anything.

The doctors and nurses really earned their pay, with me. I spend 54 days in the hospital. 3 days after my emergency surgery, they had to operate again, I started bleeding, because the stiches didn't hold, so they installed ''bridges'', in my abdomen. A week later I had to go back to intensive care, because of a bacteria that had infected me, when my bowels had ripped.

I came to the E.R. horizontally, almost dead, and in excuciating pain. And I left, standing on my own two feet, painless, and smiling, and thanking the all the doctors, and nurses, for what they had done for me. I also told them that I had an even greater respect for what they do. Imagine going home after your shift, knowing that one of your patients is now in the intesive care unit, and might not make it.

Alright, on a more positive note, sort of.  I still haven't heard from the Grado rep regarding my RA1. I'm giving her till Friday, and after that, I'm going to order one online. I'm open to suggestions, as to where I should order from, or where I shouldn't order from. I wouldn't mind buying a used battery powered RA1, as long as it's in mint condition. So just let me know.

Thank GOD your well, and staying well, and like I said we're all very fortunate!!!
  I want to talk more about being dead.

LMAO!

May 13, 2015 at 11:52 PM Post #24,787 of 65,607
  Thank GOD your well, and staying well, and like I said we're all very fortunate!!!
LMAO!

I didn't say this before, but when I woke up in I.C.U, after the emergency surgery, I lifted my trendy hospital gaoun, or, gawn, Oh come on guys!...stop laughing...I'm from Québec remember?. Anyway, next to the 10'' scar, I also had a...anyone?...anyone?...good answer Fifi, a bag. And because my bowels were very inflamed, they weren't absorbing the nutrients in the food. The consequence was that I had to empty my new ''purse'' about 15 times a day. For you car guys, the food was bypassing, the catalitic converter, the resonator, and the muffler, so you could basically say that I was, straight pipe, or straight bag, if you will.

6 months later, I had another surgery, to remove the bag. 2 moths later I went back to work for 4 years. Then I had a flareup, the desiese was now in my big intestine, so my surgeon had to remove 60cm of my colon. That plus the 124cm of the first surgery, meant that I was now missing 184cm of bowel. This  was 3 1/2 years ago, and since that time, I've had a ''severe rectitis''...IM sure you guys can figure out, what this is. Now, because of this, I can't hold it very long. so I need to have access to a restroom, asap. 

I'm a heavy machinery operator, (Reach Stacker, 45 tons), in the port of Montréal. Because I work outside, I don't have quick access to restrooms. In the last 3 1/2 years, I have tryed every traditional medicine for Crohn's, I've even served as a Guinea pig for 2 drugs that were in study phase, with no success. So last December my employer officially ''retired'' me.

Alright that's it, I won't bore you with my condition anymore, however, if you have a question, regarding yourself, or someone you know, just PM me, and I'll do my best to help you.
beerchug.gif

On a lighter note, if you ever see a doctor passing by with a termometer on his ear, there's probably a patient with a pencil up his arse!.

And as for the Grado part, on the menu tonight, the HP1000, with, of course, the HPA-2 (battery section), and finally, ''la pièce de résistance'' Dire Straits's Alchemy, live (vinyl LP), served on, la Technics SL-1200mk2, with it's exquisite, Ortofon 2M Black cartridge.

Bon appétit.

May 14, 2015 at 5:09 AM Post #24,791 of 65,607

I want to talk more about being dead.

LMAO!  
biggrin.gif

True, just popped over here from Purrin's DAC Thread, enough hate over there, let's go pick some shrooms, spark a couple numbers and discuss how groovy Grados are 
ph34r.gif

Yeah......threads with all the hate, really make you appreciate the Grado thread.

And those shrooms.....yeah, man those were the days  
smile.gif

May 14, 2015 at 9:54 AM Post #24,792 of 65,607

@ stacker

Sounds like a nightmare.  I hope I'm luckier if the time comes for that procedure.

Let's love some Grados.
regular_smile .gif

May 14, 2015 at 10:03 AM Post #24,793 of 65,607
  LMAO!  
biggrin.gif

Yeah......threads with all the hate, really make you appreciate the Grado thread.

And those shrooms.....yeah, man those were the days  
smile.gif

i dislike threads when other people told me "There is this feature called Private Message. Amazing that some people don't know about it. Stay on topic, only discuss headphones. This isn't the place to discuss music"

Now that, I really dislike. Good thing there is a block feature.

May 14, 2015 at 10:09 AM Post #24,794 of 65,607

@ stacker

Sounds like a nightmare.  I hope I'm luckier if the time comes for that procedure.

Let's love some Grados.
regular_smile .gif

all the time !

May 14, 2015 at 3:28 PM Post #24,795 of 65,607
ph34r.gif

Which thread?   I'm in the mood for some hate. 
angry_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back