Grado Fan Club!
May 14, 2015 at 3:35 PM Post #24,796 of 65,471
Minor corrections...

Es lebe die dunkle Seite mit Grado!!!!!

Thanks RAFA, my German is very rusty, haven't used it since my Grandma passed away.

May 14, 2015 at 3:38 PM Post #24,797 of 65,471
i dislike threads when other people told me "There is this feature called Private Message. Amazing that some people don't know about it. Stay on topic, only discuss headphones. This isn't the place to discuss music"

Now that, I really dislike. Good thing there is a block feature.

That happened to me on the 560 thread, surprised me because usually that's also pretty laid back. The Dude that jumped me hasn't posted in a while, so it's back to open discussions about things related to enjoying headphones, like good music.

May 14, 2015 at 7:49 PM Post #24,798 of 65,471
So, I see there's been some talk about 'shrooms, massive drinking in German, and other assorted substance abuse issues.  Looks like I'm needed...

Anyway, back in the house I used to share with my ex (man, I dig writing that). She's deployed to Japan for 6 months
biggrin.gif
  Which means I have my main rig before me.  I also have new speakers, Ohm Micro Walsh Tall Special Editions to take over mains duty while the old MWT's go to surround.  I haven't had surround sound in like 9 years, so this will be a treat.

I'm on a short break from grad school (Master's in Addictions- hence the substance abuse joke, for those that don't know or remember me.  I used to come around here a lot, back when it was full of HATE and Purrin started a DAC thread that would be more friendly)

Oh yeah.  Just got my grades.  I maintain my 4.0 for another semester.  Woo-hoo!

Okay, if any of you need to 'talk', feel free.  But keep it to IM.  It's there for a reason, guys.  It's there for a reason.

Let the HATE commence.

Oh yeah again.  This album could have been mastered on Grado's.  The mids of this Stoner/Sludge album are amazing on my 225i's. Sounds good in my speakers, too.  They're also made in Brooklyn (USA! USA! USA!)

May 14, 2015 at 8:24 PM Post #24,799 of 65,471
  So, I see there's been some talk about 'shrooms, massive drinking in German, and other assorted substance abuse issues.  Looks like I'm needed...

Anyway, back in the house I used to share with my ex (man, I dig writing that). She's deployed to Japan for 6 months
biggrin.gif
  Which means I have my main rig before me.  I also have new speakers, Ohm Micro Walsh Tall Special Editions to take over mains duty while the old MWT's go to surround.  I haven't had surround sound in like 9 years, so this will be a treat.

I'm on a short break from grad school (Master's in Addictions- hence the substance abuse joke, for those that don't know or remember me.  I used to come around here a lot, back when it was full of HATE and Purrin started a DAC thread that would be more friendly)

Oh yeah.  Just got my grades.  I maintain my 4.0 for another semester.  Woo-hoo!

Okay, if any of you need to 'talk', feel free.  But keep it to IM.  It's there for a reason, guys.  It's there for a reason.

Let the HATE commence.

Oh yeah again.  This album could have been mastered on Grado's.  The mids of this Stoner/Sludge album are amazing on my 225i's. Sounds good in my speakers, too.  They're also made in Brooklyn (USA! USA! USA!)

4.0, NICE !

May 14, 2015 at 10:56 PM Post #24,800 of 65,471
  Sorry Stacker, and many sympathies and best of luck to you and I hope you will heal down the road.

I'm sorry to hear what you're going through Stacker >_<

@ stacker

Sounds like a nightmare.  I hope I'm luckier if the time comes for that procedure.

Let's love some Grados.
regular_smile .gif

I want to thank you guys, for your support. it means A LOT to me. All your kind words clearly shows that you have your prioritys in order, and understand that in order to enjoy our wonderful hobby, it helps to be healthy.

Don't worry bbophead, I'm sure that, for each case like mine, there are hundreds of success stories.
You guys rock!
beerchug.gif

i dislike threads when other people told me "There is this feature called Private Message. Amazing that some people don't know about it. Stay on topic, only discuss headphones. This isn't the place to discuss music"

Now that, I really dislike. Good thing there is a block feature.

In my opinion, talking about music on a website that's mainly dedicated to a device that is used to reproduce it, is perfectly normal, and totally acceptable.   

May 14, 2015 at 11:12 PM Post #24,801 of 65,471

Which thread?   I'm in the mood for some hate. 
angry_face.gif

Hmmm!....somebody needs a hug, or better yet, a group hug, come on guys, get closer,don't be shy, there, there elvergun, doesn't that feel good.

Now, let's all hold hands and sing Cumbaya!.
biggrin.gif

May 14, 2015 at 11:15 PM Post #24,802 of 65,471
Hmmm!....somebody needs a hug, or better yet, a group hug, come on guys, get closer,don't be shy, there, there elvergun, doesn't that feel good.

Now, let's all hold hands and sing Cumbaya!.:D

How about something a little more rockn' than cumbaya:sunglasses:

May 14, 2015 at 11:50 PM Post #24,803 of 65,471
How about something a little more rockn' than cumbaya:sunglasses:

I'm open to suggestions.
wink.gif

For now, my RS1 awaits, along with my BSG mint tin amp, and my old 1976 Akai 4000 mk2 Reel to Reel (a $10 garage sale find), I just finished recodring a tape of my favorite songs from my Loreena McKennitt CDs.

May 14, 2015 at 11:53 PM Post #24,804 of 65,471
I find this thread very humane and full of interest. Nice people. I ascribe this to the beneficient effect of listening to music with Grado headphones. I propose a new UN program dedicated to the purchase and distribution of Grados to areas of conflict and to persons of violent or ignorant demeanour. It would be important to get the music right, though, as well as the headphone model. The leader of N. Korea, now, he would be a challenge...

May 14, 2015 at 11:59 PM Post #24,805 of 65,471
I'm open to suggestions. :wink:

For now, my RS1 awaits, along with my BSG mint tin amp, and my old 1976 Akai 4000 mk2 Reel to Reel (a $10 garage sale find), I just finished recodring a tape of my favorite songs from my Loreena McKennitt CDs.

I have a couple Reel to Reel tapes I have never been able to listen to, the machine I bought years ago was dead on arrival (oh no, the dead thing again:smirk:). Have a Mercury Living Presence "Tchaikovsky 1812 Overature" and Wes Montgomery " Greatest Hits", let me know if you are interested.

May 15, 2015 at 12:00 AM Post #24,806 of 65,471
Sorry. I now realize that I should have started a new thread called Fans of Grado Fan Club. Or Fans of the Fans of Grado. But off-topic is so fun.

May 15, 2015 at 4:03 AM Post #24,809 of 65,471
To all the Grado fans out there here's one for your PS500's, PS1000's, and HF1 & 2's - Deep House :)

Enjoy...its Friday after all :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back