Grado Fan Club!
Mar 9, 2015 at 11:43 AM Post #23,626 of 65,724

indeed. RS2e is very good grado for everyday casual listening. the sounds is full, thick vocal, great high, and solid bass. 
Details also very good for casual listening.

...and very comfortable :)

Mar 9, 2015 at 1:19 PM Post #23,627 of 65,724

All the Grados in its cases. Perfectly store.

RS2e is my current go to Grado for everyday casual listening. The sound is perfectly suit my taste.

my current Grado collections as of late Feb 2015... yes, I am a Grado Addict...
the brown cases are sr 80,125,225,325 e series.
the blue cases are sr 80,125,225 e series modded with fullcup woody and brown leatherband.
the grey cases are sr 80, 125, 225i, ms1i thats been fully modded.
the red cases are rs1i, ps500e, hf2, rs2e.
2 bigger cases on the right side for those 2 jumbo G cush. PS1000e and GS1000e.

Regards,
JayTee189

Wow, incredibly impressive!!! You and KayandJohn need to get some kind of award from Grado!

Quick question, I love my PS500e, interested in how they compare to the RS2e, GS1k e, and the PS1k e? I listen to a very wide rang of music and tone, soundstage, a transducer that is very musical.

Thanks!

Mar 9, 2015 at 7:26 PM Post #23,630 of 65,724
From what I have heard and read so far, the e series seem to be drawing very polarized opinions. It seems that people either love them, or they hate them, generally speaking, of course. And in my opinion, the e models that get the most positive comments are the SR325e, and RS2e, followed by the SR80e, and the GS1000.

Regarding the other e models, I would say that the PS500e, and PS1000e vs the old 500, and 1000, are pretty much equals. and I'd say that thi goes for the SR60e and the SR225e, vs their old siblings. And even though I haven't had the chance to hear them yet, from what I have read, and it seems to be almost unanimous, the RS1e are, to be polite, the least appreciated model of the e serie. I have always thought of the RS1 as the most loved of all Grado models, so this is quite a drop.

This is just one man's opinion, so please don't go all Jacky Chan on me. 

Mar 9, 2015 at 7:47 PM Post #23,632 of 65,724
My two-day-old GS1000es have only about 10 hours listening on them so far, and so I'm sure they are still evolving and comparisons with anything are unwarranted.

So of course I had to compare them to my PS1000s this morning.  Both are FABULOUS; each is so similar that in a blind test of just putting on one or the other (not comparing side by side one after the other) I don't think I could hear which was which.

In one-after-the-other listening to the same material through the HPA-1 amp, I would say that the PS1000 has a bit more treble detail, while the GS1000e has a bit larger soundstage. Bass is similar between the two.

The review by HK_sends (http://www.head-fi.org/products/grado-gs1000e/reviews/11424 ) indicates after 30 hours of use the sound stage becomes (even) larger and the bass becomes more impactful, while the mids become smoother and the headphone becomes more capable of higher volume playback.

They are already great... I can't wait!

My Grado Comparison Tool

Mar 9, 2015 at 8:07 PM Post #23,633 of 65,724
  My two-day-old GS1000es have only about 10 hours listening on them so far, and so I'm sure they are still evolving and comparisons with anything are unwarranted.

So of course I had to compare them to my PS1000s this morning.  Both are FABULOUS; each is so similar that in a blind test of just putting on one or the other (not comparing side by side one after the other) I don't think I could hear which was which.

In one-after-the-other listening to the same material through the HPA-1 amp, I would say that the PS1000 has a bit more treble detail, while the GS1000e has a bit larger soundstage. Bass is similar between the two.

The review by HK_sends (http://www.head-fi.org/products/grado-gs1000e/reviews/11424 ) indicates after 30 hours of use the sound stage becomes (even) larger and the bass becomes more impactful, while the mids become smoother and the headphone becomes more capable of higher volume playback.

My Grado Comparison Tool

Hey, I love the comparison tool.  But depending on the amp, couldn't that really mess with the impedance?  I know it's a big deal in pro-audio, not so sure about HP amps...

Mar 9, 2015 at 8:09 PM Post #23,634 of 65,724
  Now a member of the Grado club....amongst others.

That's one way to jump into Grado.  All the way to the top (with no disrespect to the PS-1000 fans)

Mar 9, 2015 at 8:36 PM Post #23,636 of 65,724
Originally Posted by kayandjohn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My Grado Comparison Tool

If i get that comparison plug, can it be used with any two headphones, say one high (dt880) and one low impedance (the he-400i) for example?
or does that can only be used for two headphones with the exact same impedance level like 2 Grados...?

i can't find any decent youtube version for the song, but it sounds pretty great from any grados that i've had the chance to try...

there's actually a decent version in Nicovideo.jp, but i think starting from some time ago, it required registrations...

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/nm2954546

Mar 9, 2015 at 8:36 PM Post #23,637 of 65,724
  From what I have heard and read so far, the e series seem to be drawing very polarized opinions. It seems that people either love them, or they hate them, generally speaking, of course. And in my opinion, the e models that get the most positive comments are the SR325e, and RS2e, followed by the SR80e, and the GS1000.

Regarding the other e models, I would say that the PS500e, and PS1000e vs the old 500, and 1000, are pretty much equals. and I'd say that thi goes for the SR60e and the SR225e, vs their old siblings. And even though I haven't had the chance to hear them yet, from what I have read, and it seems to be almost unanimous, the RS1e are, to be polite, the least appreciated model of the e serie. I have always thought of the RS1 as the most loved of all Grado models, so this is quite a drop.

This is just one man's opinion, so please don't go all Jacky Chan on me. 

It seems the "e" series were tuned for iDevice.  I know long ago, they were tuned by ear on a tube amp on vinyl.  Which accounts for the brightness. 
As you said, the SR325e seems to get a lot of praise, but it's hard to get impressions on RS2e.  Just recently, a few have said they like it the most. 
I know there were some initial praise for the 500e, but now it seems divided.  Frankly, I think it has too much bass.  

So far on the "e" series.  I tried the RS1e, 500e and have the 325e and am waiting for the RS2e to arrive. Will see which I prefer most. I already disliked the RS1e because of the treble, the 500e because of the bass.  The 325e seems most balanced.  So it will be between the 325e and RS2e. 

Mar 9, 2015 at 8:49 PM Post #23,638 of 65,724

It seems the "e" series were tuned for iDevice.  I know long ago, they were tuned by ear on a tube amp on vinyl.  Which accounts for the brightness. 
As you said, the SR325e seems to get a lot of praise, but it's hard to impressions on RS2e.  Just recently, a few have said they like it the most. 
I know there were seem initial praise fro the 500e, but now it seems divided.  Frankly, I think it has too much bass.  

So far on the "e" series.  I tried the RS1e, 500e and have the 325e and am waiting for the RS2e to arrive. Will see which I prefer most. I already dislike the RS1e because of the treble, the 500e because of the bass.  The 325e seems most balanced.  So it will be between the 325e and RS2e. 

wow! i'm really looking forward to your impression, because i've heard 500e and 325e, and when i decide to put my he-400i on sale, i'm strongly considering to get the rs2e as well...

Mar 9, 2015 at 9:13 PM Post #23,640 of 65,724
  Hey, I love the comparison tool.  But depending on the amp, couldn't that really mess with the impedance?  I know it's a big deal in pro-audio, not so sure about HP amps...

Yep, the comparison tool indeed could.  When I REALLY compare, I plug and unplug.

But each Grado has 32 ohm impedance.  In parallel, they reduce the impedance to 16 ohms.  The Grado RS1 has an output impedance of less than 1 ohm so is still less than 1/8 of the impedance of the headphone(s) it is driving, still complying to that rule of thumb (output impedance of amp > 8 x input impedance of headphone).

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back