Grado Fan Club!
Jan 18, 2015 at 7:38 AM Post #22,216 of 65,724
Bah! The left driver on my Gs1ki bit the dust yesterday morning while watching a movie. I started hearing a distortion on the left side when low frequencies came on, then in a matter of seconds the volume on that side started dropping till it was completely dead.

They are now on their way to Brooklyn for repairs...

my 325e's just made that trip, new drivers, added a 1/4" jack, and back to me in just over a week, listening to them right now !
that's great news Jay! Last time I sent in a pair of sr80's it took em like a month to get back, hopefully I get them back within two weeks. :)

Jan 18, 2015 at 7:40 AM Post #22,217 of 65,724
that's great news Jay! Last time I sent in a pair of sr80's it took em like a month to get back, hopefully I get them back within two weeks. :)

they told me about two weeks, and i got a pleasant surprise one day in the mail , i didn't get a notice that they were even on the way back 

Jan 18, 2015 at 7:49 AM Post #22,218 of 65,724
I was considering (for a second) to have them put a 1/8" cable, but I'd rather it stays a 1/4". Can't wait to have them back!
tongue_smile.gif

Jan 18, 2015 at 8:00 AM Post #22,219 of 65,724

Congrats, Joseph....you looking for a better SS amp than the soloist ?

Thank you!
I had my heart set on a GS-1 when I decided to get a S amp…so I went on HeadAmps site and ordered a GS-1 only realize when I went to proceed to pay, it was then the site said "sold out". I didn't know they haven't been made for a while now, so I bought the Soloist, but all along knew if I found a GS-1, I would buy it, and the opportunity came along, so I bought it. It's not so much that I was looking for a better SS amp, the Soloist is a great amp, and wouldn't have bought anything else if the opportunity for the GS-1 didn't come along. So I just need to listen to the GS-1 (only listened for less than an hour before) and hear which I prefer. I'm also waiting for the upgraded Dynalo+ modules from Justin at HeadAmp to arrive and hear how they sound. In the very short listening time, the amp sounds very smooth/natural. 

very nice joseph !

Thank's Jay!
I'll give some impressions in couple of days.
beerchug.gif

Well, Congrats, Joseph...I am glad you find one...they are supposedly a very, very nice amp....your cans deserve it 
smile.gif

Everybody getting their new amps is making me impatient in getting mine.....been waiting for months now......breathe deep....relax   
tongue.gif

Great thanks for that feedback!!  I really appreciate it.
I am asking about the EZ pads for my SennGrado modded SR60i... which has a pretty pronounced bass-heavy signature.  So I want to try the EZ G-cush pads to try and tame the bass and also increase soundstage / imaging.

In my experience when putting the G cushion on any Grado, that did not come with it as stock.....it did just what you are looking for....less bass and increased soundstage, you should be good.

Bah! The left driver on my Gs1ki bit the dust yesterday morning while watching a movie. I started hearing a distortion on the left side when low frequencies came on, then in a matter of seconds the volume on that side started dropping till it was completely dead.

Sorry to hear this, worms.....hopefully that will make a fast and healthy recovery and be home soon!

Jan 18, 2015 at 8:18 AM Post #22,221 of 65,724
Yeah, I saw that those nice pink driver 225's had sold.

Jan 18, 2015 at 9:00 AM Post #22,223 of 65,724
A pink driver RS1....now there is a rare headphone 
beerchug.gif

Jan 18, 2015 at 9:09 AM Post #22,225 of 65,724
Wonderful....and very tuff to find!

Jan 18, 2015 at 9:09 AM Post #22,226 of 65,724
I just need the 325is (yep, specifically, the IS) to fill in the blank, and then that's it for the upgraditus instinct in me.

Best of luck with that! 
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Sorry to hear this.
frown.gif

Well, Congrats, Joseph...I am glad you find one...they are supposedly a very, very nice amp....your cans deserve it 
smile.gif

Everybody getting their new amps is making me impatient in getting mine.....been waiting for months now......breathe deep....relax   
tongue.gif

In my experience when putting the G cushion on any Grado, that did not come with it as stock.....it did just what you are looking for....less bass and increased soundstage, you should be good.

Sorry to hear this, worms.....hopefully that will make a fast and healthy recovery and be home soon!

Thank you again whirlwind!
Patience…before you know it you will have your new amp, then you can sit down and enjoy it!
And from all the rave posts/reviews, Glenn's amps are well worth the wait, and your almost there!
I also agree that the (G) cushions on any SR/RS model does exactly what your describing…but is not for my tastes.

Jan 18, 2015 at 10:35 AM Post #22,228 of 65,724

What is going on with all these failures on the new Grado's?

not sure, my driver just blew, POP, and it was gone
worms was an "i" so it was older

Jan 18, 2015 at 11:53 AM Post #22,229 of 65,724
My 325is (about 3yrs old) out of no were just lost its detail/clarity (2-3 months ago). It sounded very veiled/muffled and I could only hear the lower frequencies for the most part, so I sent them to Grado ($40.00 or $45.00) and they came back perfect sounding again! Took me almost a month to get them back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back