Grado Fan Club!
Oct 22, 2014 at 11:56 PM Post #19,321 of 65,639
Oct 23, 2014 at 1:40 AM Post #19,322 of 65,639
Hi All,
I have a full Home Theatre and 2 Channel set-up but a new addition to the family means no more loud music! So started my head fi journey.  Did some research and found this forum which is frankly, FANTASTIC and I have to thank you guys for introducing me to the world of Grado! Visited some dedicated head fi stores and stumbled across the the Grado SR60i.  It took all of 2 tracks for me to fall so completely in love with the audio signature! Tried all kinds of closed back headphones, some costing 5 times as much but the little Grados sound so open and clear!  Somehow over the next month or so I managed to score a pair of original SR125's for a very good price! What a fantastic bit of kit! Yes they are a bit cumbersome and leak sound in and out but dang it they sound good!  I ended up buying some Xiaomi piston 2.1 IEM's and a Fiio X5 dap based on feedback from this forum as well.  Next steps for me is to buy a pair of closed on ears for travel (highly interested in the Thinksound On1) and start modding the Grado. Excited!

Oct 23, 2014 at 1:57 AM Post #19,323 of 65,639
Oct 23, 2014 at 5:24 AM Post #19,324 of 65,639
last night was the beginning of the end for the brothers, first of the last shows at the beacon theater, , they were the first band i loved 

not from last nights show, but i nice long statesboro blues

Oct 23, 2014 at 5:36 AM Post #19,325 of 65,639
Hi All,
I have a full Home Theatre and 2 Channel set-up but a new addition to the family means no more loud music! So started my head fi journey.  Did some research and found this forum which is frankly, FANTASTIC and I have to thank you guys for introducing me to the world of Grado! Visited some dedicated head fi stores and stumbled across the the Grado SR60i.  It took all of 2 tracks for me to fall so completely in love with the audio signature! Tried all kinds of closed back headphones, some costing 5 times as much but the little Grados sound so open and clear!  Somehow over the next month or so I managed to score a pair of original SR125's for a very good price! What a fantastic bit of kit! Yes they are a bit cumbersome and leak sound in and out but dang it they sound good!  I ended up buying some Xiaomi piston 2.1 IEM's and a Fiio X5 dap based on feedback from this forum as well.  Next steps for me is to buy a pair of closed on ears for travel (highly interested in the Thinksound On1) and start modding the Grado. Excited!

Woots same rig! X5+SR125I !

Oct 23, 2014 at 5:42 AM Post #19,326 of 65,639
I finally gave in and bought/got to try out a geek out. Not bad! Seems like it's breaking in quite well. Also, just bought a new DAC which I should receive in a couple of weeks. ..

Edit: if anybody's looking for a reasonably priced uberfrost...
smily_headphones1.gif

Congrats worms.

not from last nights show, but i nice long statesboro blues

Great tune....I hate to see it end, but I guess all good things come to an end.

Derrek and Warren will continue for ever!

Warren must be in like eight bands.....lol........love him to death!

Oct 23, 2014 at 12:40 PM Post #19,329 of 65,639
Oct 23, 2014 at 1:51 PM Post #19,331 of 65,639
How does the Little Dot 1+ compare to the MAD Ear + HD (Maple Audio Design)? How does the Grado RA-1 solid state amp performance compare on Grado? Anyone compared these? Thanks!!

Oct 23, 2014 at 2:43 PM Post #19,332 of 65,639
How does the Little Dot 1+ compare to the MAD Ear + HD (Maple Audio Design)? How does the Grado RA-1 solid state amp performance compare on Grado? Anyone compared these? Thanks!!

I had the LD1+, and it was really nice with the Grados. I also had the MAD-EAR+, but can't tell you how it was being I only had it for a very short time, but from my very short experience it initially did sound like it would have been really nice after burn-in (got the WA6 after that)...  but.everybody who owns the Grado/MAD say's they are a great combo.
I've never heard the RA-1, but most say its a C-Moy in a nice wooden box…but that doesn't mean they don't pair well together, I think its that the C-moys are inexpensive while the RA-1 cost much more which would be why most would buy something other than the RA-1…or just buy a C-moy without the nice wooden box…from what I've read.

Oct 23, 2014 at 3:14 PM Post #19,333 of 65,639
I like the Project Polaris with my Grado RS1i. It's very versatile too, so that's good for when you plan to use it with something like a planar as well. Something that won't work with the Little Dot or Grado Cmoy. 

Oct 23, 2014 at 5:16 PM Post #19,335 of 65,639

I own both...the LD1+ is very good...but the mad ear is much better

Still, Grados are very easily amped....so you can be happy with less, so to speak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back