Grado Fan Club!
Sep 25, 2014 at 8:02 PM Post #18,662 of 66,280
  Woo Hoo....pretty pumped up....had to share this bit of info with my Grado buds!

I will be heading to Columbus, Ohio within the next couple of weeks to pass a few thousand of these out for Joe  
smile.gif

In return my wife & I will get to meet joe before the show  
biggrin.gif

I guess I will greet the man with a fine bottle of wine and a pair of superhero socks.

I am up for the grunt work!

I think i will take my sansa clip with Joe's whole library and Grado SR60i....that way people can sneak a listen if they wish   
tongue.gif

What a treat... WONDERFUL.  I listened to what was posted on this thread by him earlier on my Grados... that music makes the Grados shine!
(Maybe he can do a celebrity version of Grados, like Quincy Jones, Dr Dre, Lady GaGa, Tony Bennett, Eminem, ...)

Sep 25, 2014 at 9:18 PM Post #18,663 of 66,280
  I'm doing the same thing :) Just one headphone (Grado RS1i) a portable dac/amp that can also drive my active speakers (IFI Nano IDSD) and a desktop amp (searching for the Little Dot I+ in the classifieds). All I need and not too expensive. 
L3000.gif

I'm w/ you. I keep thinking about getting an Audeze or Hifiman. BTBH, my CDP-Nuforce Icon DAC/AMP and/or my LD1+-RS1I sound terrific. Or Nuforce w/ USB to my PC is pretty darn good. Although I think the RCA connection to my CDP sounds a little better than USB.

Sep 25, 2014 at 10:12 PM Post #18,664 of 66,280
Congratulations!
I (we) know how much a big fan you are of Joe B's...so I'm happy for you to have the honors of promoting the show.
Enjoy the show/meeting Joe, and good luck winning the guitar!
:beerchug:
I've got to second joseph69. The stars are aligning in your favor whirlwind. Grab the pony and ride my man. Now if you get one of Joe B's guitar picks or maybe a small vile of his sweat that would be awesome.

Sep 26, 2014 at 5:51 AM Post #18,666 of 66,280

Ah great song man!

The 225e's are amazing and I will never sell my pair.

The really crazy thing, after spending a year chasing better amps and better cans, the 225's straight out of the HP out on my Toshiba laptop deliver everything the expensive DACS/amps/cans that I've tried. Same detail/bass/mids. Just crazy!

I totally understand what you are saying.

The amount of money spent on this hobby for the very minimal amount of gains is mind blowing, if you really stop and think about it.

My Grado SR60i and a cmoy sounds pretty damn good.

I think once someone spends alot of money on something, whether it is an improvement or not.....they think it is....it eases the mind so to speak  
smile.gif

I am about to spend some cash on some aftermarket cables, just another rabbit hole to jump down  
tongue.gif

I seriously dont feel like I am on a journey to try all of the gear out there...that would totally wear me out.

i just want to find a set-up that plays the music that I like really well and satisfies me.

The music has as much to do with the sound, as the gear IMHO.

My favorite albums...the ones i play the most....that is what I want to sound the best....hope this makes since.....I will quit rambling now  
smile.gif

Sep 26, 2014 at 5:56 AM Post #18,667 of 66,280
Don't walk the road of cables. I've been there (had the Foir NAW Hybrid from Forza Audioworks for my Hifiman HE-500, USB cable and interlinks which cost me like 550 euro) and it's not worth it. They look nice but don't expect any life changing differences. In a blind test you could never ever tell which cable is used. 

Sep 26, 2014 at 6:08 AM Post #18,668 of 66,280
  Don't walk the road of cables. I've been there (had the Foir NAW Hybrid from Forza Audioworks for my Hifiman HE-500, USB cable and interlinks which cost me like 550 euro) and it's not worth it. They look nice but don't expect any life changing differences. In a blind test you could never ever tell which cable is used.

This.

Look, I get the fact that if I buy cable X, I might feel better about my rig.  And if I feel better about it, I will enjoy it more and music comes alive.
  But I really encourage people to do some more investigating, and do a blind or double-blind test on the cables.  Not to be a butt-head and ruin anyone's fun.  I just think (believe, if you must) that judiciously applied objective approaches can yield even MOAR fun in this hobby.

It's certainly worth a try...

My grado's sure sound awesome, at any rate.

Sep 26, 2014 at 6:15 AM Post #18,669 of 66,280
You will not get any argument from me....I have used monoprice interconnects  and usb and all other kinds of cables for years and years 

Sep 26, 2014 at 9:16 AM Post #18,670 of 66,280
  This.

Look, I get the fact that if I buy cable X, I might feel better about my rig.  And if I feel better about it, I will enjoy it more and music comes alive.
  But I really encourage people to do some more investigating, and do a blind or double-blind test on the cables.  Not to be a butt-head and ruin anyone's fun.  I just think (believe, if you must) that judiciously applied objective approaches can yield even MOAR fun in this hobby.

It's certainly worth a try...

My grado's sure sound awesome, at any rate.

The electrician at our office calls this "the placebo effect". And really, I can not argue with the guy, because although it may sound a little better, the feeling after spending the money will be the major effect that gives you the impression the sound is better.

On an another note, check out these pictures:

1) Hiked atop a hill in Qaqortoq waiting for my charter helicopter to come pick me up

2) Flying in an epic Fjord enroute to Prins Christiansund [Greenland]

3) My first time ever seeing The Northern Lights (in Prins Christiansund), God is truly awesome!!!

Sep 26, 2014 at 10:47 AM Post #18,673 of 66,280
Awesome pictures!!!

The electrician at our office calls this "the placebo effect". And really, I can not argue with the guy, because although it may sound a little better, the feeling after spending the money will be the major effect that gives you the impression the sound is better.

1) Hiked atop a hill in Qaqortoq waiting for my charter helicopter to come pick me up

3) My first time ever seeing The Northern Lights (in Prins Christiansund), God is truly awesome!!!

Sep 26, 2014 at 11:06 AM Post #18,674 of 66,280
Awesome pictures!!!

The electrician at our office calls this "the placebo effect". And really, I can not argue with the guy, because although it may sound a little better, the feeling after spending the money will be the major effect that gives you the impression the sound is better.

Very inspirational L[M]S. I almost feel like I'm travelling with you. Be safe my friend.

Sep 26, 2014 at 11:18 AM Post #18,675 of 66,280
Dear head-fi,

I've been following this forum for years, but only the IEMs. Now I'm looking to purchase a set of full-size headphones and have been in this forum a couple of months. Had the Creative Aurvana Live! before, but I'm definately looking for a step up. They were nice but didn't WOW me. If it's ok with you, I would like to ask you if you know which phones suit my music taste.

SO! Grado appears to be amazing. Problem is that I am on a budget and need a headphones that's a bit all-round also. Max budget is €125.

Would like:
- headphones will crystal highs and airy (loved the highs on my Vsonic VC02, better than the ones on my Zero Audio Tenores)
- I listen to triphop (nujabes, emancipator), theatrical (enya, cirque du soleil), arctic monkeys, editors, depeche mode, hiphop and some electronic.
- would be nice if it didn't leak TOO much sound, but it's not the deciding factor
- pretty mobile
- easy to drive from iphone or laptop, will invest in amps later

If I had to choose a single artist that I would build my musical preference around, it would be Enya.

Grado SR60i or Alessandro MS1? Any other recommendations could also change my life. Help is very appreciated.

Thanks guys, hope to hear from you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back