Grado Fan Club!
Jul 22, 2014 at 9:46 AM Post #17,116 of 65,797
  Wow.  I didn't even think about taking pictures!  My close-up photography really sucks.

This one's a little dark, but with some photo shopping it might look ok.

Over head of the pads.  This might quell any "size of pad" controversy from the Grado conspiracy nuts.  The new G cush is on the left, although I'm sure some will claim I reversed them...

Side view, and they are definitely deeper as well.  These things are fricking huge in the wild!

Red-eye reduction did not work with my flash...

Hopefully some skilled photographers will present more elegant shots.  I'm a landscape guy, and don't really have a good perspective for macro shots

"Red-eye reduction did not work with my flash..." <-- Pun intended??? :p :p :p

Jul 22, 2014 at 10:02 AM Post #17,117 of 65,797

Heck Jay, I'm excited for you to get 'em!! I know you'll have some good words and maybe some pics for us :wink:

i'm sure both will be possible !!

Jul 22, 2014 at 10:07 AM Post #17,118 of 65,797
  Wow.  I didn't even think about taking pictures!  My close-up photography really sucks.

This one's a little dark, but with some photo shopping it might look ok.

Over head of the pads.  This might quell any "size of pad" controversy from the Grado conspiracy nuts.  The new G cush is on the left, although I'm sure some will claim I reversed them...

Side view, and they are definitely deeper as well.  These things are fricking huge in the wild!

Red-eye reduction did not work with my flash...

Hopefully some skilled photographers will present more elegant shots.  I'm a landscape guy, and don't really have a good perspective for macro shots

Oh yeah.  I almost forgot..  Check-out my latest 'jams'

biggrin.gif

Definitely Grado-approved!

i'm no photog either, i have a little cannon point at shoot i barely know how to use ! lol
and i'll have some blackberry please !! (this is the south you know)

Jul 22, 2014 at 2:16 PM Post #17,120 of 65,797
  The yamaha hph 200 is supposed to be a grado killer up until the sr225 (some say either is better)

Do not want to sound like a Grado "Fan boy", but really? The wire on the HPH looks so flimsy, and the headphones have this "meh" look to them. I have no clue how they sound, but for $250CDN, they look like any random Sony headphones you can buy for 40$ at Future Shop, or Best Buy... Just my opinion...

Jul 22, 2014 at 5:27 PM Post #17,121 of 65,797
Jul 22, 2014 at 5:43 PM Post #17,123 of 65,797
Sonos is hooked-up and in the house!

My mind is boggled by the ease, quality, and amazing amount of stuff it does.  Holy Crap!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jul 22, 2014 at 6:19 PM Post #17,124 of 65,797
Returned. the PS500s in the end. Too warm/ bassy/dark for my taste. Never thought I'd say that about a Grado. Back to the Beyers for me, sorry.

Jul 22, 2014 at 6:30 PM Post #17,125 of 65,797
Returned. the PS500s in the end. Too warm/ bassy/dark for my taste. Never thought I'd say that about a Grado. Back to the Beyers for me, sorry.
Did you try the RS1's and the GS1K's?

Jul 22, 2014 at 7:04 PM Post #17,126 of 65,797
No I'd love to but both well out of my budget sadly

Jul 22, 2014 at 7:26 PM Post #17,127 of 65,797
No I'd love to but both well out of my budget sadly
At retail prices both the RS and GS are cost prohibitive. But there are many good head-fi members who routinely acquire, sell, and yes even reacquire, these fine headphones. You can often find these and other hp's on the buy/sell/trade forum at some very attractive prices from time to time. Even if you can't afford them now it's always good to familarize yourself through audition with different hp's so that when the opportunity presents itself you can buy with confidence.

Jul 22, 2014 at 8:49 PM Post #17,129 of 65,797
I's not that big of a difference,  when you consider the fact that RS1 comes with a nice 15' extension cable, wich, as far as I'm concerned, is a must, because Grado's cable, are on the short side.

Jul 22, 2014 at 8:52 PM Post #17,130 of 65,797
  Oh yeah.  I almost forgot..  Check-out my latest 'jams'

biggrin.gif

Definitely Grado-approved!

Our fig tree runneth over.  I get about five pounds every other day and that's just the ones I can reach from the ground.  Maybe another week and then, wait'll next year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back