Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 13, 2019 at 3:07 PM Post #15,451 of 62,255
Doesn't look like the "clone version" that Flossy reviewed, he had ANC on his, both the display on screen and he commented on it too. He didn't say anything about the tap vs the click either. He got sent the real ones or he got mixed up !
Sometimes he goes Hypebeast and glosses over the details (he got two real APP!). It would be interesting to know specifically which clone he has. The i500 Pro (like the i500) appear to be the main clone.

Nov 13, 2019 at 3:54 PM Post #15,452 of 62,255
It's possible he missed some stuff but that screen with the ANC/OFF/AMBIENT slider was there and he did say he heard the "ANC Pressure". I don't think he reviewed a clone :wink: In that second video you can "see" it's different, not the same white, in his you can't tell them apart at all.

Nov 13, 2019 at 4:09 PM Post #15,453 of 62,255
Highly recommend, especially if you like bass! It's not a bass monster, but it's got lots and it's good quality. And they don't skimp on the mids and highs either! Microphones are top notch for phone calls as well.

just ordered the tranya b530. my current chi fi tw favorites are the anbes 359, tranya t3 I hope these tranya b530 measure up.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2019 at 4:23 PM Post #15,454 of 62,255
Have been lurking the thread for a couple of days since I was looking for tws with similar criteria too, ended up ordering shanling mtw100. It seems to fits my requirements very well, except no AptX, but it still receive a high praise from reviewers in terms of connectivity and SQ. Plus it has a pass through mode, making it suitable to be worn in office/public environment, wireless charging, good batterylife and ipx7 rating too.. and BA drivers for that sweet2 clarity and mids.. seems so perfect Can't wait for it to arrive.
Yeah I had this one in mind, except for the lack of volume control or AptX. I was also anticpating the MIFO O4 which has a similar design as well, and seems to have volume control. Then again, MIFO seems to be calling the O5 a superior product and their UK site lists the O4 as "discontinued". I've only seen it on Aliexpress recently as previously they only had a small run in Thailand.

I've been using the Jabees Firefly Pro which has hearthrough, albeit rather poor compared to the Jabra 65t, and the call quality is also disappointing. The bass is quite bloated but it makes for a "fun" sound that still has reasonable treble detail and soundstage. They have a Firefly.2 which has similar features plus waterproofing, longer battery life and claim to be improved in sound and call quality.

Jimmy's code for the Liberty 2 Pro doesn't work on Amazon.ca, but there is currently a 20$ coupon.

PS, Yannick Khong just posted on the FB group that the 75t sounds like beats with recessed mids =/

Nov 13, 2019 at 6:10 PM Post #15,455 of 62,255
just ordered the tranya b530. my current chi fi tw favorites are the anbes 359, tranya t3 I hope these tranya b530 measure up.
I have the Kissral R18 (Anbes 359 clone) and they're both great in different ways. I don't own the T3, but from what I can tell from others, they toned down the bass a bit and clarified the higher tones. I really enjoy mine.

Nov 13, 2019 at 6:43 PM Post #15,456 of 62,255
I skipped coming here on 11-11. So many missed posts. Wow. :D

Is it okay for me to post my Tronsmart Spunky Beat review? It is soo good for $25, insane.

Gotta make better pictures though.

65340BA8-C1EC-4D94-8047-C7242891B66F.jpeg/off-topic Oh and these are my new Elac UB BS-U5 speakers, speaking of newfound love. :p

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2019 at 6:47 PM Post #15,457 of 62,255
I will be receiving the Jabra 75t this Friday and will post my initial impressions asap.

Nov 13, 2019 at 7:03 PM Post #15,458 of 62,255

Is it okay for me to post my Tronsmart Spunky Beat review? It is soooo good for $25, insane.

/off-topic Oh and these are my new Elac UB BS-U5 speakers, speaking of newfound love. :p
I'm starting to like this too, after I managed to reset it and then decided to give them some time..
As you say, very engaging sound. Very good fit for me (don't stick out at all, and I can sleep on the side with them), and connectivity is great.

I see we both were unlucky to get the batch with no volume control. And the command for the next track is on our left bud.
The new version has volume control, and skip to next track on the right bud...for the same price :frowning2:

Nov 13, 2019 at 8:27 PM Post #15,459 of 62,255
I've been looking at those. Do you have the 65t? If so, I'd be curious if the sound the same. From most accounts, they sound the same.

I don't have the 65t to compare to but I tried them out when they first came out and thought the sound was underwhelming, though better than the Airpods at the time (which was a low bar lol). Unfortunately it's been a while so I don't know if I remember too much about how they sounded in detail, so my review will probably be mostly on these in isolation. I'll be comparing them directly with the APPs, Tevis, original MW07s, and a couple wired sets though for some context. I've heard different things about the 75ts, some are saying that they sound a lot better than the originals, while others saying the bass is overpowering. While I like a little warmth to my sound, if the bass on them bleeds into the other freq ranges even with EQ adjustment or if instruments sound artificial then I'm out. Lifestyle features on them seem like a solid upgrade from the previous version though so I'm hoping for something good!

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2019 at 8:57 PM Post #15,460 of 62,255

Is it okay for me to post my Tronsmart Spunky Beat review? It is soooo good for $25, insane.

If you had a choice between the Spunky Beat for $38, the Mpow T5 for $69 or Sabbat E12 Ultra for $77 which would you take mate (mainly gym use and prices are AUD)? About to pull the trigger aha

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2019 at 9:03 PM Post #15,461 of 62,255

/off-topic Oh and these are my new Elac UB BS-U5 speakers, speaking of newfound love. :p
Wow, if only this review had come earlier. I had seen some varying impressions that they sounded "okay" or "bassy/rolled off". Does the charging port work with USB Type C to C cables? Found it a little sneaky that they showed a photo of it charging with a cable connected to a dual power brick on the Type A end rather than the Type C port of it.

I'm starting to like this too, after I managed to reset it and then decided to give them some time..
As you say, very engaging sound. Very good fit for me (don't stick out at all, and I can sleep on the side with them), and connectivity is great.

I see we both were unlucky to get the batch with no volume control. And the command for the next track is on our left bud.
The new version has volume control, and skip to next track on the right bud...for the same price :frowning2:
Which seller has it listed with volume control>

Nov 13, 2019 at 9:05 PM Post #15,462 of 62,255
Wow, if only this review had come earlier. I had seen some varying impressions that they sounded "okay" or "bassy/rolled off". Does the charging port work with USB Type C to C cables? Found it a little sneaky that they showed a photo of it charging with a cable connected to a dual power brick on the Type A end rather than the Type C port of it.

Which seller has it listed with volume control>

The Tronsmart Aliexpress store has it listed with volume controls as that's the one I'm looking at.

Nov 13, 2019 at 10:56 PM Post #15,464 of 62,255
You should really like them. They're my current daily driver, and the sound quality is fantastic. I use them more than my Mpows, and I thought those were better than the T3s. Of course I've had the Ankers sitting in my Amazon cart for a day or two now, and my self control is rapidly crumbling. I expect they will beat everything wireless I have.

Nov 13, 2019 at 11:40 PM Post #15,465 of 62,255
I'm looking for help with a gift for my sister. Can anyone comment on the Macaw NE1S?
https://drop.com/buy/macaw-ne1s-true-wireless-bluetooth-5-0-iem/details#details

If not, can someone recommend me a few budget ($40-90) wireless IEM of good quality? (maybe with a bright signature?)

Here's my post asking for assistance if you'd like https://www.head-fi.org/threads/hel...e1s-other-wireless-iems.919149/#post-15306586

I'm sorry if this has been addressed succinctly already, 1031 pages is just a lot of pages!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back