Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 13, 2019 at 3:21 AM Post #15,421 of 62,112
Any rumors on whether Sennheiser is coming out with an update to the MTW? I noticed they've been pretty heavily discounted on Amazon (US) recently. Saw it for $205 the other day and is currently at $216. Really wish B&W would stop messing around with neckbands and just go true wireless already.
Likely a year after the original launched. Big brands and their yearly releases.

Nov 13, 2019 at 5:18 AM Post #15,422 of 62,112
Does anyone know if the older version of the Mpow T5 also supports Android 9.0? The one I'm currently looking at doesn't say if it's the newer upgraded M5 version so I'm not 100% sure if it will work.
I've had my Mpow T5 for quite a while now and they work just fine with my Android 9 Galaxy S9+. Android version shouldn't matter anyway unless there's an app that goes along with the headset. Then the app might not work with certain versions of Android.

Nov 13, 2019 at 6:11 AM Post #15,423 of 62,112
Pretty scary if left on a bedside table at night.
95496F2E-3322-40BB-AEB4-F7F6257C52C1.jpeg

Nov 13, 2019 at 6:36 AM Post #15,424 of 62,112
Not much talk about the Echo Buds, it seems only three of us here have gone for them ? And I had to jump through hoops since I'm in Europe :wink:
After an initial "scare" when I used the Jabra Elite Sport tips (used by @rhsauer and that normally work for me) gave me a tinny sound, I'm really happy with them. I alternate between the L stock tips and the L CP360, the latter give a perfect seal but tend to "push" them out if I talk. Now the EBs have a "trump card" with the wings that do a great job keeping them right where you put them in your ear. In the long run this causes a little bit of discomfort so I'd reserve them for when you're on the move.
The SQ is excellent, all the frequencies are there and the presentation is very "sharp", quite the opposite of the APPs slight "muddiness".
The ANR seems "mild" at first (not the "wow" effect you get with the APPs) when you toggle it on/off but it's quite effective especially since the passive isolation is quite decent. The transparency mode sounds less natural than the APPs but it does the job, at least as well as the 65Ts I'd say, maybe better.
I'm not a heavy user of Alexa but it's convenient to ask for volume up/down or to play a radio feed without having to tap a button to activate "ok Google".
Highly recommended !

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2019 at 7:13 AM Post #15,425 of 62,112
Not much talk about the Echo Buds, it seems only three of us here have gone for them ? And I had to jump through hoops since I'm in Europe :wink:
After an initial "scare" when I used the Jabra Elite Sport tips (used by @rhsauer and that normally work for me) gave me a tinny sound, I'm really happy with them. I alternate between the L stock tips and the L CP360, the latter give a perfect seal but tend to "push" them out if I talk. Now the EBs have a "trump card" with the wings that do a great job keeping them right where you put them in your ear. In the long run this causes a little bit of discomfort so I'd reserve them for when you're on the move.
The SQ is excellent, all the frequencies are there and the presentation is very "sharp", quite the opposite from the APPs slight "muddiness".
The ANR seems "mild" at first (not the "wow" effect you get with the APPs) when you toggle it on/off but it does the job especially since the passive isolation is quite decent. The transparency mode sounds less natural than the APPs but it does the job, at least as well as the 65Ts I'd say, maybe better.
I'm not a heavy user of Alexa but it's convenient to ask for volume up/down or to play a radio feed without having to tap a button to activate "ok Google".
Highly recommended !
I'm glad you got yours sounding better! I've had one major issue with mine where the sound got super crackly and sounded like the bit rate was running very low. It started after I connected it to my PC to try it out. I did a factory reset of the buds and they've been done since so hopefully that was the issue.
The Paasthrough mode on these is so much better than the Galaxy Buds. It picks up more and sounds less processed.
I'm very happy with them as well so far.

Nov 13, 2019 at 9:15 AM Post #15,428 of 62,112
They're different in that the SSK has twice the amount of bass the Kissral has. Same tips, same audio source.

SSK has more bass than the Anbes 359 also. Sounds like the Kissral is similar to the Anbes.

Nov 13, 2019 at 9:17 AM Post #15,430 of 62,112
Nov 13, 2019 at 9:44 AM Post #15,435 of 62,112
how do the tranya b530 compare to the tranya t3?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back