Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 4, 2019 at 8:12 PM Post #10,186 of 62,311
Are you talking about the WFXM3? It didn't meet my expectations or I was basically disappointed with them. ANC is a joke, and I think it's not a real ANC like the full-sized WHXM3, and reality is that it's too difficult to make areal working high quality ANC in an iem. It sounds like the cancelling waves on the low-end was cancelling the subs. That ANC is nowhere on the level of full-sized. I don't like the elongated size of the earpieces (reminds me of duchey looking BT earpieces from back in the days). SQ isn't really good as these Youtube reviewers are hyping them up to be. It's not even better than cheap wired dynamic driver iems.

The main issue that I have with TW is that the amps are not driving these dynamic drivers hard enough to get good sound quality. Bass was a bit mushy and the treble sounded uneven, and like usual, low separation of sounds. Yeah, not paying $230 for them as I'm fine with the 65t that I paid less than half of that amount for. For this level of SQ, I just need 'good enough for the gym' level. I know there are much terrible ones out there (peaky treble or overpowering low-end that skews the tonality), but as long as the tonality is fairly balanced, they are good enough for their deeds. Other than gym, rest of my time is with wired because of simplicity of no charging and plug and play, and most importantly, sound quality.

i think your expectations are too high for TWE. just like i dont expect top IEMs to perform on par with top over ears nor do i expect top over ear to perform on par with top speaker systems. just like i use the TWEs for phone calls, commuting and office with out the hassle of wires dangling around. i dont expect those TWE to be critical listening devices which i got my speaker system and my full sized rigs for. most decent Youtuber reviews are base on comparing them with other TWEs. stating those Sonys are crap simply because they dont hold up to a full sized headphones or Amped IEM is ridiculous. its like saying my $500k speaker system sounds better than the orpheus 2 thus headphones are crap because sound quality is the most important.

Aug 4, 2019 at 9:20 PM Post #10,187 of 62,311
Other than gym, rest of my time is with wired because of simplicity of no charging and plug and play, and most importantly, sound quality.

what wired iem do you use? if you have a single DD or a not so sensitive IEM, try the BT20S route. i now mainly use it for my EDC (and my trusty Nillkin Go when isolation is not necessary). charging is a bit of a hassle that i cut the rubber flap and put those magnet charger on it, but the battery practically can go a day of use (always on standby and 8 hours of play)

Aug 4, 2019 at 9:29 PM Post #10,188 of 62,311
I used the media volume sync, the hiss is constant when TM2 is active and not idle (only when playing something), the volume doesn't seem to correlate to the hiss. It wasn't bad, I think below the hiss of Bluewave GET and even XB10. Easy to forget when the music is playing, but you'll notice when you stop playback there is a slight moment before TM2 going idle that you'll hear the hiss.

Yes, I did notice the hiss with the included IEM. Not as noticeable as U12, but it's there. I can hear it each time playback is stopped, when there is a slight moment before it went idle. Or when a website decide to autoplay video with volume muted, I'll notice immediately that the TM2 is active.

there's slight noise with the included micro driver iem? have you tried it wired to your DAP and check the sensitivity /volume level? with the cheaper TRN BT20/BT20S, there is no hiss at all with single DDs, but there's quite noticable hiss with my DM6, and a very faint /barely noticeable hiss with my Hisenior B5+. can you please try the TM2 with your other IEMs to see about the hiss level?

i was planning to buy the TM2 a few months ago when i went to Japan, but they're out of stock. i was planning to stick my ER4XR with it, so i would love to hear your feedback about the hiss level

Aug 5, 2019 at 12:02 AM Post #10,190 of 62,311
there's slight noise with the included micro driver iem? have you tried it wired to your DAP and check the sensitivity /volume level? with the cheaper TRN BT20/BT20S, there is no hiss at all with single DDs, but there's quite noticable hiss with my DM6, and a very faint /barely noticeable hiss with my Hisenior B5+. can you please try the TM2 with your other IEMs to see about the hiss level?

i was planning to buy the TM2 a few months ago when i went to Japan, but they're out of stock. i was planning to stick my ER4XR with it, so i would love to hear your feedback about the hiss level

Yeah, I'll give it a try. Sensitivity-wise on the TM2, the included IEM is only slightly less sensitive than my U12, I use it just one or two click more volume than U12.

I have FD01 and FX850 for another dynamic driver to try. Maybe Flares Pro too, but I'll see if their mmcx male end could fit the TM2 base.

Aug 5, 2019 at 12:45 AM Post #10,191 of 62,311
Still have to see how it turns out for him. [...] To me, they seem a higher risk for letdown and I would have passed again unless being a total degenerate. :)

People in white dancing in Paris are almost never wrong :D

cloudfox.jpg

I am actually quite impressed by this, it beats the crap out of the shoddily photoshopped buds onto generic models crap we have gotten so used to ...

Could also mean that all the money from QC went into marketing :D

Aug 5, 2019 at 1:19 AM Post #10,192 of 62,311
i agree with you that the case is really slippery to open. putting a little abrasive surfaced stickers might help. i have familiarized myself so now i can open it swiftly, but it does become slippery after a while from natural oil of the hand.

That's not what I meant by sleek, but you're right. :D

The rounded shape and the strong magnet makes it a bit tricky to get the lid off at first. I'm getting better at it as well.

Aug 5, 2019 at 2:43 AM Post #10,194 of 62,311
So I've finally put my Fostex TM2 review up. You can find it in my sig below. These are the top tier of true wireless especially when one can pair with whatever IEMs they like. For me I'm likely to have these paired my Titans, and if I get a chance to pick up a 2-pin, then with my Traulcent Audio 1Plus2.2's.

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2019 at 6:36 AM Post #10,195 of 62,311
How many here intend to use tws for critical listening in quiet surroundings ?

For me tws are for commuting, jogging, gym and so on and in those environments I find that outright sq is much less important than the feature set of the tws.

I actually use wired bluetooth for all of those (ok, I actually dont exercice)... TWS is for work only, because I can use just 1 or put it / remove it very quickly.

That said, I would buy a buttonless featureless TWS earphone with great SQ in a split second, even if battery life was 1,5hours.

All I want is a good SQ in a small practical package, and nothing else.

Aug 5, 2019 at 8:24 AM Post #10,197 of 62,311
Yes. That’s bizarre. They have not been released in the US to my knowledge.
They're definitely available in Asia. A Hong Kong friend of mine just asked me about it (but I've never tried them so couldn't advise her).

97F2A190-1599-49DD-AD0C-C638CF2F9489.jpeg

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2019 at 8:26 AM Post #10,198 of 62,311
Trying the KZ T1... They are objectivelly good, not "good for a TWS" but good IEMs and do sound better than many wired IEMs.

For me, we finally got there.

Ps.: Havent tried the Sony nor the 1more, but for me, the search is over.

Aug 5, 2019 at 8:34 AM Post #10,199 of 62,311
Trying the KZ T1... They are objectivelly good, not "good for a TWS" but good IEMs and do sound better than many wired IEMs.

Sweet. Just need mine to get off that plane. Let us know about the battery life.

Aug 5, 2019 at 8:54 AM Post #10,200 of 62,311
Good to hear, I've got eyes on these as I usually listen hybrids so these sound like they'd be good!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back