Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 18, 2019 at 10:04 AM Post #9,108 of 62,307
If you get a chance, please do share your inputs on this particular topic.

If you would be brave enough to wear them in the gym with a little sweat, I would really appreciate that. The design seems like they could withstand a little sweat they way they stick out. I might add a best buy protection plan to mine for additional piece of mind and then just wear them in the gym.

Jul 18, 2019 at 10:36 AM Post #9,109 of 62,307
Would most of you say the Sennheiser Momentum TWS is a no-go because of the battery issues? I was eyeing them until the Klipsch T5 was announced, but I really prefer the look of the Sennheisers. While not for music, I do have the Bose Sleepbuds and those have awful battery issues that have yet to be addressed a year after launch.

Jul 18, 2019 at 10:54 AM Post #9,110 of 62,307
Would most of you say the Sennheiser Momentum TWS is a no-go because of the battery issues? I was eyeing them until the Klipsch T5 was announced, but I really prefer the look of the Sennheisers. While not for music, I do have the Bose Sleepbuds and those have awful battery issues that have yet to be addressed a year after launch.

Even if the Sennheiser MTW didn't have charging issues, the battery life is subpar compared to nearly every cheaper product on the market, and you can get a better-sounding true wireless model for less than half the price of the MTW.

Jul 18, 2019 at 11:21 AM Post #9,111 of 62,307

I think the latest firmware update v1.26 addressed the battery issues. I haven't had much time to test it myself (just installed it), but the change notes say they fixed it.

Even if the Sennheiser MTW didn't have charging issues, the battery life is subpar compared to nearly every cheaper product on the market, and you can get a better-sounding true wireless model for less than half the price of the MTW.

I'd like to hear which ones at less than half the price sound better than the MTW.

Jul 18, 2019 at 11:27 AM Post #9,113 of 62,307
Well. I know no-one here knows me from Adam. But if there's a kind sould that would be prepared to buy me a pair of 359s and ship em to me I'll pay for them. I just can't find ANYWHERE That will sell and ship them to me :frowning2:
Can you get the Kissral R18 there?

Jul 18, 2019 at 11:46 AM Post #9,116 of 62,307
Hi hifi80sman — are you sure your Mpow T5s have volume control? Mine don’t. Mine work on the scheme outlined on the Amazon page:

71mgGGkkcRL._SX679_.jpg

The only controls are long click and short click, and left and right are not distinguished. Since a short click play/pauses the music, a double click just pauses and then starts the music rather than changing volume. A long click will switch to the next song — but there’s no control that brings you back to the previous song, and there’s no control to change volume.

I bought my T5s several months ago. I know Mpow made some changes to this product, but I was under the impression that those changes related primarily to connectivity issues to Android phones. Would be interesting to know if they revised the button control scheme too!
Well, listing's Amazon seller says:

Q: Do they have volume control? Please don't answer to say use your phone's volume control.
A:
Yes.
Double press the MFB button of the left earbud to decrease the volume;
Double press the MFB button of the right earbud to increase the volume.
By Topyo Pro Customer Service on July 17, 2019

I'm getting them tomorrow, so we'll see. If vol control is indeed there it'll be royally stupid on their part to omit this from description. My stance on vol control is opposite of yours. When I do crunches or lift weights I put my phone aside because I already once crushed it. I also hate blindly hunting for vol buttons when I'm fighting it out on elliptical or on a stepper. With vol buttons on your buds you always know where they are, it's fast and easy to hit them without loosing balance and looking like you're possessed by fleas or something :).

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2019 at 11:56 AM Post #9,117 of 62,307
I think the latest firmware update v1.26 addressed the battery issues. I haven't had much time to test it myself (just installed it), but the change notes say they fixed it.

I'd like to hear which ones at less than half the price sound better than the MTW.

Do the release notes say they fixed the battery discharge issue? What I see in the release notes is the following:

• Improved and more accurate display of battery charge status.
• Improved Bluetooth connection process.
• Earphones can also be switched off using the Smart Control app.
• Transparent Hearing remains active after a phone call.
• Improved audio quality when making phone calls.
• Improved and stabilized software and user-friendliness.

This seems to fall short of addressing the battery case discharge issue. (Having said that, I haven’t yet tested my MTWs for any improvement, and I certainly hope the issue has been solved.)

Jul 18, 2019 at 12:01 PM Post #9,118 of 62,307
Mtw battery seems a bit better since 1.26 but the case still discharges and the earphones still switch on. Had it the other day, case ran out without me realising and only caught the mtws staying connected to my phone because my other half called and I couldn't hear her through the phone.

Jul 18, 2019 at 12:19 PM Post #9,119 of 62,307
i hope you do also find it great like i do. if you like the X12 sound, chances are you'll love the Nillkin: similar tuning but with a more impact and faster bass, and clearer mids and treble.

i rarely use my X12 anymore except for sleeping, because the X12 has flatter profile and more comfortable for sleeping sideways

have you tried or tested the T5 waterproof capability? I'm searching for a replacement to the Mifo o5 which is proven to survive water dunking.

can the T5 be turned off and on without the case?

and also, do you by any chance have the T1C and can make a photo of size comparison between the T5 and the T1C (or the E12 is also fine as i saw you have one)?

now the problem is whether the seller would send the new version with volume controls or not, as I can't be sure which seller has the new one on AE..and those sellers sometimes can't be trusted 100% about the specs of their stuffs.
it might be not because they're dishonest, i think it's more of because they're uninformed.
As far as powering off the T5, at first I didn't think so, but after playing around with it, if I hold each side down for 5-7 seconds, they will say "power off". However, they will power back on when the button is pressed, not a long press, just a quick click, so you have to make sure you don't press the button after powering off.

Jul 18, 2019 at 12:21 PM Post #9,120 of 62,307
Mtw battery seems a bit better since 1.26 but the case still discharges and the earphones still switch on. Had it the other day, case ran out without me realising and only caught the mtws staying connected to my phone because my other half called and I couldn't hear her through the phone.
Yep, it still does. I can't tell if this update is any better than the last in terms of the battery issue, but it's a bit better than the original firmware at release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back