Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 29, 2024 at 2:13 AM Post #62,296 of 62,592
Any recommendations for a cheap ish usb dongle/dac?
You may have gotten some suggestions by now. Nonetheless, it really depends on your situation such as source device and headphones being used. If you want cheap, get a USB to 3.5mm adapter. Assuming you're using your phone, it will have DAC. It may not be the "lastest or greatest" AKM or ESS chip, but it'll work. It's not going to power house, but will drive basic headphones. Probably no deaf-becoming loudness.

If you want something a bit more on the nuetral side and can drive most headphones well, you may want to look into something like the FiiO BTR5. I think it's going for $130US right now. It can drive Sennhienser HD600 well.

Apr 29, 2024 at 6:22 AM Post #62,298 of 62,592
Can we get an accurate measurement on the batter life of this 5 driver Aviot model.
There is no free lunch and putting current through 5 drivers and active crossovers, must limit battery life. Remember active noise canceling also takes a toll on the battery. They do look large, so probably have a largish battery to compensate..
I haven't had the chance to run accurate tests but at around 80% volume on my phone and with ANC always on they definitely stay on for more than 6 hours which is more than good enough for me.

I put them on around an hour after I got to work and they were still playing around half an hour before I finished with my 8 hours with pauses only for breaks and a combined usage of both music and meetings during that time. I did not put them back into the charging case during my pauses. I did not check how much battery they had at that point but I doubt that it was too much, the official battery life is 8 hours after all.

Tell me a specific use case and I'll try to test them in as close of a way to that as possible.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2024 at 8:08 AM Post #62,299 of 62,592
so I'm going to be going overseas this summer and am looking for a relatively cheap ANC TWS so I don't have to lug my Sony AND headphones with me on the plane. THe smaller the actual earbud case the better. Also they should have decent ANC here's some of my interests:
Apple Airpods pro 2 [about the top of what I'm willing to spend... they're on sale on amazon for $189 now] EDITED
Phillips fidelio T1 (I know these are a few years old now but I hear they have GREAT sound... not sure about ANC?)
Oneplus buds 3 : they have a very small and slim case and they seem a good bargain.... I know some youtubers hated on the sound but they DO have an app to adjust it...not to mention personalized sound profiles?!
Jabra elite 8... also barely in my price range.. don't know much about them
JVC marshmallow ANC... cheaper is probably better since I'm saving up money lol
Moondrop space travel. I mean 21$?! Are they really that bad? if they have a decent seal, that does a lot to block out plane noise ...

The Marshall earbuds look super cool but might be overpriced...
If I had unlimited budget, I'd get the Denon perl pros for sure!

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2024 at 8:12 AM Post #62,300 of 62,592
so I'm going to be going overseas this summer and am looking for a relatively cheap ANC TWS so I don't have to lug my Sony AND headphones with me on the plane. THe smaller the actual earbud case the better. Also they should have decent ANC here's some of my interests:
Apple Airpods pro 2 [about the top of what I'm willing to spend... they're on sale on amazon for $89 now]
Phillips fidelio T1 (I know these are a few years old now but I hear they have GREAT sound... not sure about ANC?)
Oneplus buds 3 : they have a very small and slim case and they seem a good bargain.... I know some youtubers hated on the sound but they DO have an app to adjust it...not to mention personalized sound profiles?!
Jabra elite 8... also barely in my price range.. don't know much about them
JVC marshmallow ANC... cheaper is probably better since I'm saving up money lol
Moondrop space travel. I mean 21$?! Are they really that bad? if they have a decent seal, that does a lot to block out plane noise ...

The Marshall earbuds look super cool but might be overpriced...
If I had unlimited budget, I'd get the Denon perl pros for sure!
Just take the airpods. They are great for what they are.

Apr 29, 2024 at 1:01 PM Post #62,301 of 62,592
Just got the AirPods Pro 2… tough decision and I hope it’s worth it! I watched several reviews from audiophiles and one called it “annoyingly good” and that it sounded better than his Sennheiser headphones! Wonder if they’ll need to be burnt in? I did not get AppleCare at the moment because I want tot eat them first. If I like them I might think it’s worth it to pay 25$ for 2 years of coverage. What do you all think?

Apr 29, 2024 at 1:05 PM Post #62,302 of 62,592
Ft
Just got the AirPods Pro 2… tough decision and I hope it’s worth it! I watched several reviews from audiophiles and one called it “annoyingly good” and that it sounded better than his Sennheiser headphones! Wonder if they’ll need to be burnt in? I did not get AppleCare at the moment because I want tot eat them first. If I like them I might think it’s worth it to pay 25$ for 2 years of coverage. What do you all think?
Just wondering where you saw Airpods Pro 2 for $89 on Amazon. I only saw Airpods 2 (not pro) for that price.

Apr 29, 2024 at 1:13 PM Post #62,303 of 62,592
My experience with noble truimphs so far beautiful looking eims best looking tws that I owned - connections issues resolved after few attempts I have one big problem is the sound looks like I got defective device ! Not so sure can you guys tell me if this makes sense I tried all preset EQ on the app I m using iPhone - default EQ too low sound so I have put volume up it’s kind of not comfortable level I don’t want to damage my hearing no good bass with default EQ but no fuzz - when I am using any preset EQ loud sound but a lot off fuzz coming from the bass like broken car speaker very uncomfortable experience am I doing something wrong any suggestions??

Apr 29, 2024 at 1:30 PM Post #62,304 of 62,592
If you got them, listen. If you like them, keep.

As easy as that.

Apr 29, 2024 at 1:36 PM Post #62,305 of 62,592
My experience with noble truimphs so far beautiful looking eims best looking tws that I owned - connections issues resolved after few attempts I have one big problem is the sound looks like I got defective device ! Not so sure can you guys tell me if this makes sense I tried all preset EQ on the app I m using iPhone - default EQ too low sound so I have put volume up it’s kind of not comfortable level I don’t want to damage my hearing no good bass with default EQ but no fuzz - when I am using any preset EQ loud sound but a lot off fuzz coming from the bass like broken car speaker very uncomfortable experience am I doing something wrong any suggestions??
Fuzz you mean sound distortion? Triumph have 6.5mm DD drivers to cover bass freq. Don't push them to much

Apr 29, 2024 at 2:17 PM Post #62,306 of 62,592
EQ too low sound so I have put volume up it’s kind of not comfortable level I don’t want to damage my hearing
Whatever you do please be careful. Take it from me, once you damage your hearing, you can not repair it based on today's medical tech.
It's a one-and-done, no do-over.

Apr 29, 2024 at 2:38 PM Post #62,307 of 62,592
Do you use Apple Music?? Turn off the "Sound check" under iPhone Settings (Music). If that's on, it lowers the volume... (same with most Dolby Atmos tracks, I just turn it off with all headset except APP2 Pro)

Apr 29, 2024 at 4:07 PM Post #62,308 of 62,592
Ft

Just wondering where you saw Airpods Pro 2 for $89 on Amazon. I only saw Airpods 2 (not pro) for that price.
189$ which is still like 60 off

Users who are viewing this thread

Back