Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 28, 2024 at 10:02 AM Post #62,266 of 62,573
It's a bit like an optional insurance, some want it, some can do without it. I'm lazy, so I'd rather have it. I'm sure they sound great, but they're not for me at this point. Don't think I don't envy those who have them! :)
I'd rather buy the iFi go pods from Amazon, despite the lack of ANC. Simply because of the return policy/warranty.

Apr 28, 2024 at 10:34 AM Post #62,267 of 62,573
I actually have the Nothing Ear (a), also in yellow, and I love the small case size and the unique look, and the sound is drastically improved in comparison to the original Nothing Ear that I had until I gave them to my gf.
But the sound is slightly... "different" even after EQ:ing, can't quite put my finger on it.

How does the Nothing Ear (new one) sound in comparison?
The new Nothing ear has improved a few kinks and do like to improve tuning and the full app. The sub bass is deeper when compared with the (a). Treble is different but still need to figure out which one I prefer. Maybe the tuning approach was similar but what I am hearing is just the influence by the driver material. Do like both cases and stem approach, the (a) case is very convinient.
The only thing I would like is for them to gave audio control at the stem as Apple and Huawei have

Apr 28, 2024 at 11:30 AM Post #62,268 of 62,573
I finally got around to opening and listening to my Soundcore Liberty 4 SE. These are the original 4’s and not the NC’s (latest). The SE’s have a DD + BA and sound very good, they are an excellent bargain at their $129 price and an absolute steal at the $79 I paid on Black Friday at Walmart..
Ok, I’m off to something high end next. One could loose their mind wading through all the excellent options now, I do know I want an xmem driver, as I’ve lost some HF spectrum and will need the boost. Got to have those crisp cymbals!!

Apr 28, 2024 at 11:37 AM Post #62,269 of 62,573
Can we get an accurate measurement on the batter life of this 5 driver Aviot model.
There is no free lunch and putting current through 5 drivers and active crossovers, must limit battery life. Remember active noise canceling also takes a toll on the battery. They do look large, so probably have a largish battery to compensate..

Apr 28, 2024 at 12:35 PM Post #62,270 of 62,573
Finally got to spend some quality time with the Triumph. I must say these are my favorite Noble tws to date. I love the tuning and the rumble of the bass after a bit of EQ with the app. The only issue I’ve had is when I connected to my Sony DP and use the Walkman music app, for some reason when I try and use the tap controls, it disconnects the Bluetooth and reboot the buds. I don’t have any issues like this when using any other music app on the Sony or any other device. It’s odd, but I have decided to use Poweramp for now. No problems with that. I thought I would be annoyed by the alcantara case, but I’ve actually grown to like it and I like the fact that I can stack it on top of my phone in one hand and not worry about scratching anything. I will say I think I do prefer the separation on the Prestige but I don’t have them anymore to a/b them. Wireless charging works great and thank you Noble for making it easier to get the earbuds out of the case. Maybe that was just a happy accident. All the above said, I am still having that little bit of a fit issue at times with my right ear. Definitely not as pronounced as it was with the prestige and it’s FoKus predecessors. I’ll do some tip rolling to see if that helps.

As far as how these compared to the Falcon Max, they are a more premium model and definitely have more rumble. You don’t need the ANC of the FM, it’s not great. The passive seal on the triumph definitely works better to block out noise. And the struggle to wiping my butt get the FM out of the case is real. Glad I tried them, but they are already growing wings and being sold.

Apr 28, 2024 at 12:46 PM Post #62,271 of 62,573
Went for a long walk today and decided to take a pair that had not been in my rotation for quite sometime , not sure why quite pleasing tuning

IMG_7602.jpeg

Apr 28, 2024 at 1:33 PM Post #62,272 of 62,573
That’s also my biggest worry, the warranty, not the initial price. I’d rather get the Sennheiser M4 or something else that is largely available. I’d go for the iFi go pods, but since I spend a lot of time in the public transport, I want something with ANC.

I like the FiiO KA13 and the iBasso DC04 Pro.
Grabbed the FiiO. Pretty nifty paired with my iPhone

Apr 28, 2024 at 1:35 PM Post #62,273 of 62,573
As far as how these compared to the Falcon Max, they are a more premium model and definitely have more rumble. You don’t need the ANC of the FM, it’s not great. The passive seal on the triumph definitely works better to block out noise. And the struggle to wiping my butt get the FM out of the case is real. Glad I tried them, *but they are already growing wings and being sold.
*this must be a record. And why you are the Supreme Leader of AAA.

Apr 28, 2024 at 2:26 PM Post #62,274 of 62,573
Apr 28, 2024 at 3:07 PM Post #62,276 of 62,573
Aviot got back to me.

"For purchases made through Aviot Online Mall, the warranty policy currently requires a Japanese address for warranty claims. This means that if any issues were to arise within the warranty period."

So there is no warranty unless if you have family or friends living within Japan with a physical address you can use.

I crossed them off my list. Moving onto other options to consider.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2024 at 3:11 PM Post #62,277 of 62,573
Finally got to spend some quality time with the Triumph. I must say these are my favorite Noble tws to date. I love the tuning and the rumble of the bass after a bit of EQ with the app. The only issue I’ve had is when I connected to my Sony DP and use the Walkman music app, for some reason when I try and use the tap controls, it disconnects the Bluetooth and reboot the buds. I don’t have any issues like this when using any other music app on the Sony or any other device. It’s odd, but I have decided to use Poweramp for now. No problems with that. I thought I would be annoyed by the alcantara case, but I’ve actually grown to like it and I like the fact that I can stack it on top of my phone in one hand and not worry about scratching anything. I will say I think I do prefer the separation on the Prestige but I don’t have them anymore to a/b them. Wireless charging works great and thank you Noble for making it easier to get the earbuds out of the case. Maybe that was just a happy accident. All the above said, I am still having that little bit of a fit issue at times with my right ear. Definitely not as pronounced as it was with the prestige and it’s FoKus predecessors. I’ll do some tip rolling to see if that helps.

As far as how these compared to the Falcon Max, they are a more premium model and definitely have more rumble. You don’t need the ANC of the FM, it’s not great. The passive seal on the triumph definitely works better to block out noise. And the struggle to wiping my butt get the FM out of the case is real. Glad I tried them, but they are already growing wings and being sold.
How would you compare them to the mystique? Mystique somewhat close in quality at least?

Apr 28, 2024 at 3:47 PM Post #62,278 of 62,573
How would you compare them to the mystique? Mystique somewhat close in quality at least?
Close in build quality, but the sound sig is different.

Apr 28, 2024 at 3:58 PM Post #62,280 of 62,573

That was in the mix from the start. We didn't want to offer the same product as that didn't justify building the triumph to begin with.

I don't mean that is one is better than the other...

They are just different. The triumph tunning leans more toward "hi fi" while the mystique more of a "full bodied" sound.

That said, that's just the "out of the box" tune that can be adjusted by the owners.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back