Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 27, 2024 at 2:46 PM Post #62,236 of 62,507
I’m in Japan semi regularly I don’t mind picking them up for you. I just got back a week ago. Let me know…
Thanks, I appreciate the offer. I just want to see what @PixelSquish s experience is like before I go further.

I'm still a bit apprehensive about spending over 300 on an imported item with no possibility of warranty down the road. It's the big thing holding me back.

Apr 27, 2024 at 2:56 PM Post #62,237 of 62,507
I appreciate the offer. I just want to see what @PixelSquish s experience is like before I go further.

I'm still a bit apprehensive about spending over 300 on an imported item with no possibility of warranty down the road. It's the big thing holding me back.
That’s also my biggest worry, the warranty, not the initial price. I’d rather get the Sennheiser M4 or something else that is largely available. I’d go for the iFi go pods, but since I spend a lot of time in the public transport, I want something with ANC.

Any recommendations for a cheap ish usb dongle/dac?
I like the FiiO KA13 and the iBasso DC04 Pro.

Apr 27, 2024 at 2:56 PM Post #62,238 of 62,507
Thanks, I appreciate the offer. I just want to see what @PixelSquish s experience is like before I go further.

How did you come to the conclusion that there is no warranty?

Apr 27, 2024 at 3:42 PM Post #62,240 of 62,507

I'll let you know. Ultimately to me I prefer hybrid IEM's so if this is a great implementation of five drivers with solid bass, I will be happy. I want the best quality TWS sound and to me that will happen with a hybrid IEM. So this Aviot seems very promising, and I also really like planar drivers.

There are other hybrids, but I think the Prestige is a ripoff for what you get, and then the having to have a special adapter to charge it is just a really kind of insulting design flaw for the end user. We are just getting over microUSB for so many things to be able to carry around fewer cables and dongles, and they make a case too big and don't compensate for the charging port. These are solid engineering/design mistakes. And the app is mediocre at best. I thought at least the Mystique was a more fair deal.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2024 at 3:49 PM Post #62,241 of 62,507
Oh, I'm sure there is a warranty, but we'd probably have to cover the shipping costs and it would probably take a long time. I, for one, prefer to be overly cautious.
That being said, so far all my TWS are still in perfect working condition, including the first gen galaxy buds, so maybe I'm just paranoid 😀

Apr 27, 2024 at 6:52 PM Post #62,242 of 62,507

For me, including shipping to the US, was $409.23.

Apr 27, 2024 at 7:22 PM Post #62,244 of 62,507
There is warranty if I'm willing to spend $30 to ship it to Japan and $30 more to ship it back. It doesn't even include the turnaround period that could take a few weeks.

I don't know about custom fees either. We will find out once Pixel gets his.

I sent an email back to Aviot earlier today asking what would happen if I needed to use warranty. They have an Amazon store so perhaps they have customer support in USA. If I had to ship something to say California, that's no problem. Shipping to Japan and paying both ways is a different story.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2024 at 7:36 PM Post #62,246 of 62,507
We may need a support group here soon. The first step is admitting you have a problem.
There is warranty if I'm willing to spend $30 to ship it to Japan and $30 more to ship it back. It doesn't even include the turnaround period that could take a few weeks.

I don't know about custom fees either. We will find out once Pixel gets his.

I sent an email back to Aviot earlier today asking what would happen if I needed to use warranty. They have an Amazon store so perhaps they have customer support in USA. If I had to ship something to say California, that's no problem. Shipping to Japan and paying both ways is a different story.
I can't bring myself to take this gamble.

Apr 27, 2024 at 8:32 PM Post #62,248 of 62,507
I'll let you know. Ultimately to me I prefer hybrid IEM's so if this is a great implementation of five drivers with solid bass, I will be happy. I want the best quality TWS sound and to me that will happen with a hybrid IEM. So this Aviot seems very promising, and I also really like planar drivers.

There are other hybrids, but I think the Prestige is a ripoff for what you get, and then the having to have a special adapter to charge it is just a really kind of insulting design flaw for the end user. We are just getting over microUSB for so many things to be able to carry around fewer cables and dongles, and they make a case too big and don't compensate for the charging port. These are solid engineering/design mistakes. And the app is mediocre at best. I thought at least the Mystique was a more fair deal.

The charge port was recessed and I looked over the result. It looked bad overall and didn't, in my opinion, go along with the design flow.

Due to where my position is on the totem pole, that's how the final design was kept.

As for price/fee etc, CNC work is expensive & both the IEM housings along with the charge case must undergo the CNC process.

The Prestige isn't for everyone, it was mostly built due to the request of our Japanese distributor.

The FoKus Mystique is a good alternative to the Prestige, if price is a prohibitive factor.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Apr 27, 2024 at 9:11 PM Post #62,249 of 62,507
For which model of the ZX1? I ordered the PNK through the AVIOT online store. So far I'm at $353. Have they shipped yours?
Mine was $343 and shipping to NJ near NYC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back