Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jun 26, 2019 at 11:50 AM Post #7,862 of 62,142
Got the Cambridge Melomania yesterday.

They aren't as large as they look in the photos thankfully but I do get some discomfort wearing them. As the included eartips are too small, I am forever having the push them deeper in my ears to get a seal and that causes them to rub against part of my ear and become uncomfortable. The nozzles are massive so I'm not sure I have any other tips that would cover them! Anyone having the same issues, can recommend some alternative tips?
I have them and can only use the foamies, roll them up and let them go. You do need to sort of squish them into place, but once in place, locked and loaded. I love the sound, and I probably won't wear them more than an hour or two (I have QCY1s as well). I like the CAs so much I sold my Senn Momentums on ebay (quick sale). Anyway, I may try out the Tranya T1 Pro or the T3, as a second backup pair (to the really cheap QCY 1). But I am keeping the CAs. Just really really like the sound. But for small ear canals, they could be a problem.

Jun 26, 2019 at 1:34 PM Post #7,863 of 62,142
Hello guys, I have a big choice. I can get Jabra elite active 65t for 100eur or I can buy Tranya T3 for 50eur. Seems like Jabra is "take my money" deal :) But it is quite old, maybe there is better options? Or should I wait some more time?

I have not heard / tried those Jabras ... I have the Elite Sport, which I liked, until they died ... not sure if Jabra had / has QC issues, but depleting battery case and other shenanigans made me look at 'cheap' models, where I don't feel bad if something breaks :)

That said for 100€, you could get the Tranya T3, which I just got yesterday and I am madly in love .. also, amazon with coupon and it is 40€, and then for the leftover 60€ you could still get the QCY T1C as a back up (i am getting a pretty good seal on those and like the sound) ... and heck, try some other cheapos ... earlier Bartig recommended a no-brand thing that can be found on aliexpress for 15.25 (with 5$ coupon = 10.25) called the XG-12 ... just saying ... you could get like 4 good pairs for 100€ :)

Jun 26, 2019 at 1:42 PM Post #7,864 of 62,142
UPDATE: a trustworthy source tells us (a few posts below) that just DON’T ... saved me another tenner. Thank you Mr.B

Today's 10$ bargain bin find on AliX: "NFUNGYK TWS 5.0 Bluetooth earphone 5D stereo with microphone wireless earphone sport waterproof" .... clocking in at 10.77 and with 7 positive reviews :) seriously ... what's that 4D, 5D, 6D deal? And who signs off on those terrible photoshop jobs?

NFUNGYK.jpg

But what I like is that it appears that those ear hooks are removable or come in an extra size and hopefully are some soft silicone ...

nfunk.jpg

Anyone know them? Any other cool finds today? Bueller? Bueller?

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2019 at 2:38 PM Post #7,866 of 62,142
Did anyone get the YTOM T1 yet or know if it's been released under another name? They have AptX and charge with Type C and 46$ CAD.

It seems Oluv's Earfun Free has been delayed to July. I hope it's worth the wait as it seems the regular version's tuning has mixed impressions.

Went to some local Asian malls recently and was really let down by the lack of TWS even in phone case stores.

For 100 euros you are really spoiled for choice. I really liked the Astrotec s60, so I might get the new S80s. Advance model X is also coming soon under that price and looks really promising. I might get the creative outlier, or I might even get the TRN BT20S and buy a TinAudio T2 to go with it, just to stay under 100 euros. Being in Japan, I could get the first Nuarl that didn't have APTx but still had HDSS and I would be under that price point.

On sound alone, I think a lot of earbuds sound better even in the sub 50$ zone. I didn't like the imaging and separation, or the soundstage of the Jabras.
Was your S60 BT4.2 or BT5.0? Have you noticed distortion using them at max volume or using SBC? It seems mine rattles a bit more on the left bud while using SBC, but sounds clean with AAC. Although I prefer the sounds of the S60, the SBC quality on Jabras is far better which makes them more ideal for PC usage.

Jun 26, 2019 at 2:50 PM Post #7,867 of 62,142
Got the Cambridge Melomania yesterday.

They aren't as large as they look in the photos thankfully but I do get some discomfort wearing them. As the included eartips are too small, I am forever having the push them deeper in my ears to get a seal and that causes them to rub against part of my ear and become uncomfortable. The nozzles are massive so I'm not sure I have any other tips that would cover them! Anyone having the same issues, can recommend some alternative tips?

Same here, the largest included eartips are only a smidgen larger than common M-sized tips. Out of all L-sized alternative tips I've tried, only these "Sennheiser CX Gel Tips" fit both on the nozzle and (only just) into the charging case:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/6-Sennheis...Headset-Earphones-Gel-Tips-Large/220874421343

Jun 26, 2019 at 3:17 PM Post #7,868 of 62,142
Jun 26, 2019 at 3:25 PM Post #7,870 of 62,142
Looking for some new gym IEMs. Just lost my jaybirds and my soundsports free keep falling out. My main concern is with fit. A lot of the TWS looks like will fall out easily because of how big they are.

The anbes 359 look like a good contender. They look small and won't fall out easily. Amazon has it sold out but the letscom looks the same. Or I can just get them from ali. Are there any other ones that are small?

The Anbes will definitely stay in as they're very light and small. The Tranya T3 actually look very similar and have a coupon right now.

Jun 26, 2019 at 3:26 PM Post #7,871 of 62,142
I used the Eartips that came with my Hifiboy OSV3.

Yeah I'm using Anbes tips as they sit a fair bit out. Going to try foam tips later too. The included tips are useless for me.

Jun 26, 2019 at 3:40 PM Post #7,872 of 62,142
Yeah I'm using Anbes tips as they sit a fair bit out. Going to try foam tips later too. The included tips are useless for me.
Yeah, play around with it, but honestly, the sound is uncommonly good (Astrotec S80), especially at this price point. It'll be worth it. :)

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2019 at 3:47 PM Post #7,874 of 62,142
Last edited:
Jun 26, 2019 at 3:51 PM Post #7,875 of 62,142

Users who are viewing this thread

Back