Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 3, 2019 at 5:43 PM Post #3,662 of 62,241
Am I alone in thinking a wireless charging case is completely pointless? Like, now instead of having a cable to charge the case, there's a pad... that needs a cable.

So now instead of plugging in your headphones, you put your headphones in a case which sits on a pad which is plugged in. What's next? The wireless charging pad that sits in a separate dock? Then the wireless charging pad dock that uses a stand?

And not only that, but how many charging pads are you gonna buy? Cables are dirt cheap and I have like thirty of 'em. I got one in the living room, one in the bedroom, one in the car, the case is always topped off for any situation. Or are people carrying around the charging pad in addition to the case?

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2019 at 5:45 PM Post #3,663 of 62,241
Jan 3, 2019 at 6:34 PM Post #3,664 of 62,241
Should be a few new TWEs being announced at CES.[/QUOTE]
Am I alone in thinking a wireless charging case is completely pointless? Like, now instead of having a cable to charge the case, there's a pad... that needs a cable.

So now instead of plugging in your headphones, you put your headphones in a case which sits on a pad which is plugged in. What's next? The wireless charging pad that sits in a separate dock? Then the wireless charging pad dock that uses a stand?

And the fact it is bulkier and much much slower to charge.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2019 at 6:38 PM Post #3,665 of 62,241
Nah. Most of us don't stick with one set for even one year let alone enough for the battery to start degrading.
LOL! So true. Proud to say, not one battery has degraded on me!

"Wicked Audio is known in the audio world as a company that makes great-sounding "

Stopped reading right there.
"Wicked Audio" is a catchy company name for the "American Bada$$", but it's basically a re-brand of chi-fi stuff you see all over amazon AND it usually costs more. The new earbuds basically look like a re-brand of the Anker Liberty.

Jan 3, 2019 at 7:16 PM Post #3,666 of 62,241
Nice. Shame it won't hit markets til second half of the year.
Just got news about the Klipsch T5 (BT5 and aptX HD):
https://www.klipsch.com/ces-2019
That Zippo like case is interesting!

Should be a few new TWEs being announced at CES.
gizmo said not until June at the soonest with no reference to how they got that, only the pdf 'brochure' showed aptX HD, have not seen that anywhere else.

Klipsch's website says "spring 2019"...spring ends (in N hemi) June 20.

https://www.klipsch.com/news/klipsch-to-debut-new-tech-focused-audio-solutions-at-ces-2019

have to wait until CES to get more details, like what kind of driver???

how is cvc 5 or 6 different from this "Qualcomm cVc 8.0 noise reduction technology" ?

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/uni-world-s-most-advanced-true-wireless-earbuds#/

Seems like almost every new(in '18 & '19') Chi-Fi tws is using the buzz word 'graphene' as a marketing ploy.

sure would be nice if Apple would license their proprietary connection chip they use in the Airpods v2 coming...soon???...could use that in their battle with Qualcomm, then they could smoke the Droid mkt with that chip in all the tws coming out.

Fun times later in 2019, but even more in '20. Planar TWS from Audeze maybe?... fer only $1k, lol. Come on Shure/Stax, need a TWS electrostatic drivers w/1day runtime fuel-cell powered, how hard could that be to make...really ;p

Jan 3, 2019 at 8:44 PM Post #3,667 of 62,241

And not only that, but how many charging pads are you gonna buy? Cables are dirt cheap and I have like thirty of 'em. I got one in the living room, one in the bedroom, one in the car, the case is always topped off for any situation. Or are people carrying around the charging pad in addition to the case?

As I read it, since current owners can “upgrade” to the wireless case, the E8s themselves are the same.

So I think they want to recapture the says when the E8 actually cost $300 plus without doing anything really hard.

I really don’t get who would pay $200 extra for wireless and USB-C charging. I mean, it’s nice I guess, but that’s what I paid for the E8s themselves.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2019 at 9:56 PM Post #3,668 of 62,241
wishful thinking, i hope so, even though the sticker did say "standard" on the box :dt880smile:

i haven't tested the mifo too much because i got it (and the new Sabba) on the 31st December and immediately took them on holiday with me. but i did briefly tested it with my 65t, and the mifo have a warmer bass and also a warmer-smoothly rolled off treble than the 65t.

by the way, did you mean the QCY T1C or the T1 Pro? the T1 pro only has bt 4.2, does it have stable connection? the T1C seems to have a good overall reviews especially for the really low price of 20 something dollars.
I meant the QCY T1C/T1. For some reason here in Hong Kong, its called the QCY T1 rather than QCY T1C. However in Aliexpress its called the T1C or QS1 in their official QCY aliexpress store: https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...with-dual-microphone/1455660_32930424839.html
IMG_5544.jpg
I bought three of them as one will be my personal, the other one as a gift and the last one as a MOD experiment (replacing the driver with a dual balanced armature Knowles GQ). Fairly easy to disassemble with no glue holding the housing, just retainer clips, however when disassembling, I had to be careful not to break the clips.
A Chinese website has also made a teardown of the QCY T1C/T1: http://www.52audio.com/archives/8918.html
and the Sabbat X12 Pro: http://www.52audio.com/archives/6752.html
At the end of the page you'll see it uses the same chipset as Mifo O5 and the Sabbat X12 Pro and E12 Pro which is the Realtek RTL8763B. BTW, have you tried the Sabbat E12 Pro? I'm planning on buying the E12 Pro, it seems you have the X12 Pro.

Jan 3, 2019 at 10:56 PM Post #3,670 of 62,241
I reviewed them a couple of pages back, they're really great. For optimal battery life use AAC and make sure you do the firmware update.

I would say at 30% off the price is just right. They have so many features that other earphones simply don't have!

Battery life is up to 8 hours on a full charge too but not released until June.
https://gizmodo.com/klipschs-new-wireless-earbuds-are-wooing-with-me-with-a-1831403663

I hope Sony and B&O unveil new true wireless earphones at CES.

Why ? I like Sony’s and they will since it’s an annual release with there mainstream units . Sony’s are good but there connection is pretty poor imho

Jan 3, 2019 at 11:02 PM Post #3,671 of 62,241

I have a few Qi pads anyways with my new Shaver from Phillips can charge wireless and my phone the case could come in handy

Jan 4, 2019 at 12:10 AM Post #3,672 of 62,241
I have a few Qi pads anyways with my new Shaver from Phillips can charge wireless and my phone the case could come in handy
[OT: Drifting a little away B&O’s wireless charging case a little]
Yes and I think we’ll get there eventually. Taxis in Japan generally have multiple cables for customers to plug in and charge their phones - lightning, microUSB, etc. As more devices start using Qi, I won’t be surprised if charging pads in public spaces become the norm esp in big cities like Tokyo, etc. Starbucks and other cafes can reduce number of wall sockets (yes laptop/netbook owners will still need them, so can’t eliminate altogether, unless a ploy to speed up turnover time - note that in general, in Japan using public power sockets is illegal unless purposefully supplied for the public)...same with bullet trains, etc.
[/OT]

Jan 4, 2019 at 2:32 AM Post #3,674 of 62,241

compared to my old sabbat, this one is slightly bigger case (by a millimeter) and changed LED position. sound prompt still in Chinese and SQ is about the same as the older one.

Which Chinese sound prompts are you referring to? I've only heard English from my Sabbat, "Power On" and "TWS Connected" when removing them from the case, and so on.

Jan 4, 2019 at 3:00 AM Post #3,675 of 62,241
"Wicked Audio" is a catchy company name for the "American Bada$$", but it's basically a re-brand of chi-fi stuff you see all over amazon AND it usually costs more. The new earbuds basically look like a re-brand of the Anker Liberty.

The "Wicked Audio" image looks identical to the Havit I93. I posted pics of mine earlier in this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back