Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 3, 2019 at 11:54 AM Post #3,648 of 62,515
The earbud sponge fits quite well with Sabbat X12 pro, adding more grip, more secure fit without the silicone fin. They also fit the charging case as well, so avoiding the hassle to remove them like the silicone fin/cap.
Thanks for the picture and good news, need to dig out those sponges I have hanging around somewhere to fit them on ! I just came back from an easy run with the Sabbat and they worked well again. With their good bass the inevitable moving isn't problem.

Jan 3, 2019 at 12:50 PM Post #3,650 of 62,515
Has anyone got trouble with call quality with the Senn' MTWs?
Almost every call I get/take is good at first, then after a little while the ones I'm talking to says the mic gets distorted. The last one, just a moment ago, said it sounded like "two plastic pieces flapping on each other" when I talked.

Jan 3, 2019 at 12:57 PM Post #3,651 of 62,515
I don't have them but based on the YT reviews recently posted here it seem the call quality isn't very good with the Senns.

If earbud already fits snugly in your ear, the sponge won't help though, maybe worse. I found that my right ear fits much better putting the sponge on, while my left ear is better to leave it as is.

Yep, I tracked down the little sponges, fit them on and...well it doesn't work for me as I'm not able to "tuck in" the X12 behind "whatever part of the ear it is" and I found the sound a tad muffled. Might be better for static use at home but not for running. As a side note the call quality (at least in a quiet environment) is really good on my end and apparently ok on the other side.

Jan 3, 2019 at 1:40 PM Post #3,652 of 62,515
Has anyone got trouble with call quality with the Senn' MTWs?
Almost every call I get/take is good at first, then after a little while the ones I'm talking to says the mic gets distorted. The last one, just a moment ago, said it sounded like "two plastic pieces flapping on each other" when I talked.

That is actually one of the main reasons I decided to return the Senn MTW - I had some sound niggles and complaints about the case charging, but the real killer is what you experienced - my gf would refuse to talk to me after a min or so in to a call on the MTW - said it sounded horrible and impossible to understand me. Maybe they can fix it with an update, but I didn't want the MTW in their current state.

Jan 3, 2019 at 2:03 PM Post #3,653 of 62,515
That is actually one of the main reasons I decided to return the Senn MTW - I had some sound niggles and complaints about the case charging, but the real killer is what you experienced - my gf would refuse to talk to me after a min or so in to a call on the MTW - said it sounded horrible and impossible to understand me. Maybe they can fix it with an update, but I didn't want the MTW in their current state.
Thanks for answering. Yes, sound niggles like crackling and the infamous SBC noise in the left speaker and now this... If Sennheiser doesn't answer my mail very quickly, I will return my second set very soon.

Jan 3, 2019 at 2:18 PM Post #3,654 of 62,515
For those who spend $200+ on wireless earbuds, are you worried about the battery lifespan? It's a degradable component and after a couple of years of usage it won't hold much of battery life.

Nah. Most of us don't stick with one set for even one year let alone enough for the battery to start degrading.

Jan 3, 2019 at 2:20 PM Post #3,655 of 62,515
Wow they've just invented oval eartips, why had no one ever thought of that before :wink:

"Patented," not invented. As in, their specifically patented oval tips. And I actually think Klipsch ear tips are the best out there with Westone's STAR being in a close 2nd.

Jan 3, 2019 at 2:59 PM Post #3,656 of 62,515
Yeah I was being a bit facetious but I must say that I love the double flange tips that came with my Klipsch S4.

Jan 3, 2019 at 3:31 PM Post #3,657 of 62,515
With Klipsch's recent movements into the more audiophile spectrum of things I'm hella curious if their TWE can hang with the likes of M&D and Senn. I really hope so if that battery life is to be believed.

Jan 3, 2019 at 4:49 PM Post #3,659 of 62,515
https://www.zeroaudio.jp/product/headphones/twz-1000

Another with QCC3026, they say available late January but probably in Japan only, who knows if or when anywhere else.

I wonder if someone will finally announce something with the high end QCC5100 series at CES (other than Klipsch which might have it based on the aptx hd claim?). It was announced a year ago as a Bluetooth saviour and nobody bothered to use it.

Jan 3, 2019 at 4:52 PM Post #3,660 of 62,515

Users who are viewing this thread

Back