Getting "called-out" for not wearing the Beats
Jan 18, 2012 at 4:18 PM Post #3,766 of 5,506

Quote:
haha . mirror's doesn't sound bood....on anything. Got Money sounds great on most to any headpones though as does A milli.

mirrors actually sounds pretty good compared to the rest of the cd.

i like how to love, but its so badly recorded, so bright 
confused_face.gif

Jan 18, 2012 at 4:37 PM Post #3,767 of 5,506

Quote:
mirrors actually sounds pretty good compared to the rest of the cd.

i like how to love, but its so badly recorded, so bright 
confused_face.gif

if mirror sounds good....wow. i couldn't stand the vocals and everything around it. I know it' wasn't horrible. but if the rest of the CD is like that...i odn't know what ot say

Have any of you guys heard "lies of the beautiful people" ? .......that has to be the worst recording from a now mainstream band song i have ever heard.

Jan 18, 2012 at 5:32 PM Post #3,769 of 5,506
What are people doing to get called out for the HP they're wearing? The only time anything like that's happened to me is when I was listening to my V-80 True Bloods at Borders. Someone thought they looked great, they loved the Fangtasia shield, and asked me where I'd bought them and how much they cost.

Jan 18, 2012 at 6:19 PM Post #3,770 of 5,506

Quote:
looks like we got a lot of jelus people here.  Nobody wants esoteric headphone models, they want something that is the best.

I guess your new here. Welcome to head-fi. 

You have a lot to learn.

I really don't see how people are "jelus" when countless amounts of people spent countless amounts of dollars (especially more then Beats )
on audio equipment and amplifiers. You'd be surprised how crazy people are on audiophile websites like these. 
I'm sure there are people that spent more on audio equipment then their car.

Beats by Dr. Dre is far from the best. If the Beats sounded good, we would like them... But the don't.. Instead they sound awful..

I don't know, getting the best you can get for the price, or getting "the best headphone in the world!!!1!eleven!!"?

I have to admit, I once thought Beats by Dr. Dre was the best headphones in the world without even listening to them. I mean, all my favorite celebrities use them! Once I started doing my research, and understanding the other options.....

I hope you think for a moment, we don't hate Beats just because Dr. Dre endorsed them.We hate them because they sound awful, especially for their ridiculous prices for a headphone made out of plastic. I really hope you don't fall for the marketing scheme of the Dre line and spend your hard-earned cash on something worth the price.

Jan 18, 2012 at 6:27 PM Post #3,771 of 5,506

Quote:
What are people doing to get called out for the HP they're wearing? The only time anything like that's happened to me is when I was listening to my V-80 True Bloods at Borders. Someone thought they looked great, they loved the Fangtasia shield, and asked me where I'd bought them and how much they cost.

I've asked a similar question before, and from responses and going back through the millions of pages on this thread, it's very apparent the the leading demographic of people that call other people for not buying or wearing Beats are highschoolers. I'm not saying it's all them, but that what appears to be the consensus here. Though I don't hang out in places like anymore, and university is a whole different story, people there simply do their own thing and mind their own business.  I stated before where I was asked about my headphones, but never called out. Only once in my work setting one person who owned the Bose on ear headphones was discussing how 'bose is bose' being the ultimate sound in headphones.. And even then, he never did so on his own, rather after me asking him how he likes them. And him too, stated he won't purchase the beats. 

Other than that, people who were interested in headphones would actually come to me if they were interested in buying headphones.
My supervisor who had an old Noise cancelling sony models wanted a new can and asked about my opinion. And the truth is that after researching a bit on his budget and personality, I regretfully suggested him Bose CQ series.  Reason is that he simply doesn't want to bother with research and the back and forth scenarios where he has to go audition headphones, possibly buy one, maybe return it, audition several others... then maybe go look for another specialized store like Tom Lee or other Commercial Electronic outlets.  Sometimes people want quick and easy and aren't overly picky about the sound. They're aware that there is better, but for them it's simply isn't worth the effort.   That is reality .

Jan 18, 2012 at 6:46 PM Post #3,772 of 5,506
Beats by Dr. Dre is far from the best. If the Beats sounded good, we would like them... But the don't.. Instead they sound awful..

Well, not awful (except the Solos which are crap), they just suck in terms of value.

Jan 18, 2012 at 7:00 PM Post #3,774 of 5,506
Yeah, I was a bit harsh..

They are still quite bad for the price.

In terms of value they blow goats, but I'd buy a pair of Pros if they were priced properly, like maybe $150.

Jan 18, 2012 at 9:47 PM Post #3,778 of 5,506

Quote:
Out of curiousity, where do people live?

Take it with a grain of salt, but all these stories I read... Not saying they're fake or made up, clearly that are far too many of them and some are far too elaborate to be made up...
But sometimes it sounds like it's on a different planet.  What tends to be the age group of these people that call out others for not wearing beats?

I'm asking since I have never EVER encountered this. And trust me that I've shared my commute with quite a few beats wearers. In fact, just yesterday I had a fairly lengthy bus ride while chilling to some tunes on my iphone-4 and Shure SRh440 (replaced pads with the 840's), all the while in front of me, side by side, two dudes (20 - 25), one wearing Bose QC series and the other Black Beats Studios.  I stared them down, glanced, bobbed my head to my music... took my headphones off and put them back on periodically... and... and...

AND.....

Nothing.. barely a glance from those two (they didn't know each other)... they simply listened to whatever they were listening, minded their own business and carried on...

And I've done this quite a few times on different buses, skytrains and whatnot, and nothing...

The only time I got something within a range, was a guy standing next to me while sporting the ibuds, he looked at me, signaled to my headphones and nodded his head and smiled with approval..
Almost like saying, 'Nice gear', or 'dude, I have those, they kick ass'..

The other time was during shopping at my university for books. The register operator looked at me and commented, 'those are some serious headphones'.. to which I smiled and nodded.
He then asked me, 'any good'? To which I responded, 'yeah, actually, very.. very detailed...'.. he looked at me puzzled, so I added, 'well, they're monitors..' He then said.. 'Ah...'... I then added, 'Well, they are a bit bulky... and the cord is too long... but other than that...' 

And that was it...

So in all honesty, who are these freaks that call out others for not wearing beats?
wink_face.gif

Calgary. Oh, wait you fooled me 
redface.gif

Jan 18, 2012 at 10:11 PM Post #3,779 of 5,506

Quote:
Out of curiousity, where do people live?

Take it with a grain of salt, but all these stories I read... Not saying they're fake or made up, clearly that are far too many of them and some are far too elaborate to be made up...
But sometimes it sounds like it's on a different planet.  What tends to be the age group of these people that call out others for not wearing beats?

I'm asking since I have never EVER encountered this. And trust me that I've shared my commute with quite a few beats wearers. In fact, just yesterday I had a fairly lengthy bus ride while chilling to some tunes on my iphone-4 and Shure SRh440 (replaced pads with the 840's), all the while in front of me, side by side, two dudes (20 - 25), one wearing Bose QC series and the other Black Beats Studios.  I stared them down, glanced, bobbed my head to my music... took my headphones off and put them back on periodically... and... and...

So in all honesty, who are these freaks that call out others for not wearing beats?
wink_face.gif

I'm in highschool right now and most people around my age are ignorant and immature, so I guess thats why I get all my stories (I'm immature too, and enjoying it
biggrin.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back