Getting "called-out" for not wearing the Beats
Jan 19, 2012 at 5:52 PM Post #3,796 of 5,506

Quote:
let's give it some more credit. Maybe around my HFI 580 levels or pro 700MK2's?...ok..for a second there maybe i gave it too much credit >_<

does it need amping(probably not) and did you/were you able to use an amp on it to demo?

I think you'd be pushing it saying they're worth about 150.

The Detox is, from what I could tell, just a "reskin" of the standard Pro's. I didn't think it sounded different.

I don't think they need amps. They might benefit, but if you're willing to buy an amp you're willing to buy something that isn't a pair of beats. On demo, I wasn't able to use an amp.

Jan 19, 2012 at 5:59 PM Post #3,797 of 5,506

Quote:
I've heard the value $150 stated much more frequently in context of the Pros. You're the only one I've heard say they're worth as high as $250. 

hmm true that. good stuff rght there. and yeah.
Quote:
I think you'd be pushing it saying they're worth about 150.

The Detox is, from what I could tell, just a "reskin" of the standard Pro's. I didn't think it sounded different.

I don't think they need amps. They might benefit, but if you're willing to buy an amp you're willing to buy something that isn't a pair of beats. On demo, I wasn't able to use an amp.

haha lolz, let's just say they are about $150 as that's what you ttwo are sayig :)

and amps, yeah, we do this :)

Jan 19, 2012 at 6:19 PM Post #3,798 of 5,506
Well headfi will tend to be more critical of Monster on whole, so I won't really see many here stating that Pros are worth $200 - $250, and again, retail.

And also, remember that I am stating my personal opinion and the ones of other people I've spoken to outside the boards, DJ's, audiophiles and the likes.  

Remember that while sound reproduction is pretty much one of the biggest aspects of the headphone, the construction comes second to none..  Accessories and packaging comes 3rd in my opinion and then usage and versatility.   Many of the headphones that I've seen being compared require amping, and thus, not very portable. 

Hey, I'm not pushing any purchases, trust me, but I give credit where I believe credit is due.  I'd pay $200 for them.
As for Detox, no, they don't sound any different, like someone else mentioned, it's a re-skin.

Jan 19, 2012 at 6:21 PM Post #3,799 of 5,506

Quote:
Well headfi will tend to be more critical of Monster on whole, so I won't really see many here stating that Pros are worth $200 - $250, and again, retail.

And also, remember that I am stating my personal opinion and the ones of other people I've spoken to outside the boards, DJ's, audiophiles and the likes.  

Remember that while sound reproduction is pretty much one of the biggest aspects of the headphone, the construction comes second to none..  Accessories and packaging comes 3rd in my opinion and then usage and versatility.   Many of the headphones that I've seen being compared require amping, and thus, not very portable. 

Hey, I'm not pushing any purchases, trust me, but I give credit where I believe credit is due.  I'd pay $200 for them.
As for Detox, no, they don't sound any different, like someone else mentioned, it's a re-skin.

haha. for the fashion and everything. yeah $200 for DEtox is a good price :D

Jan 19, 2012 at 6:23 PM Post #3,800 of 5,506
I thought the Pros were a better version of the M50's, so $175ish would be a good number. 

Jan 19, 2012 at 6:27 PM Post #3,801 of 5,506

Quote:
I thought the Pros were a better version of the M50's, so $175ish would be a good number. 

I've heard the pro's. i dind't like it at all. the vocals sounded veiled and very recessed and...it was just loose and the sound was like if you were i a very hollow big place room where you can just feel/hear that...well reverb or something

Jan 19, 2012 at 6:30 PM Post #3,802 of 5,506

Quote:

Construction of the Pros is surprisingly good, I'll give you that. The aluminium beats all the other plastic crap Monster puts out.

Jan 19, 2012 at 6:34 PM Post #3,803 of 5,506

Quote:
Construction of the Pros is surprisingly good, I'll give you that. The aluminium beats all the other plastic crap Monster puts out.

suprising? I guess you could say suprrings since we hate on Beats so much. But even Monster and Dr.Dre has decency as humans to give you soe good constructions with that $400 price tag. all the ppl with solo's on campus have their cable's broken :D

Jan 19, 2012 at 6:42 PM Post #3,804 of 5,506

Quote:
suprising? I guess you could say suprrings since we hate on Beats so much. But even Monster and Dr.Dre has decency as humans to give you soe good constructions with that $400 price tag. all the ppl with solo's on campus have their cable's broken :D

It's surprising given the construction-to-price ratio of the rest of Beats stuff. On the cable, it's the same on the Pros as far as I can tell and would likely break just as easily (a common issue!)

Jan 19, 2012 at 6:48 PM Post #3,806 of 5,506

Quote:
It's surprising given the construction-to-price ratio of the rest of Beats stuff. On the cable, it's the same on the Pros as far as I can tell and would likely break just as easily (a common issue!)

Actually the Pros cable is denser than Studios and Solos, and it's also Coiled.
Their designed as both portable and Djing use.  

Jan 19, 2012 at 6:50 PM Post #3,807 of 5,506

Quote:

that's what i meant :D

Quote:
Actually the Pros cable is denser than Studios and Solos, and it's also Coiled.
Their designed as both portable and Djing use.  

DJing...who in their rightmind would use these for DJing. oonly pretentious ppl would..oh right.. The Situation might ( i don't know if he does use these )

Jan 19, 2012 at 7:00 PM Post #3,810 of 5,506
The Pros need to be amped to be any good. It's kind of a conundrum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back