Getting "called-out" for not wearing the Beats
Jan 17, 2012 at 7:20 PM Post #3,751 of 5,506
Ok, moving along from this, I also find it hard to believe there are people out there who come up to you and diss you based on your 'phones. I mean... they're headphones. I guess it makes sense once you realize you live in a world where most developed-countries 10 year-olds have smartphones, but still it feels weird to me.

Jan 17, 2012 at 7:42 PM Post #3,752 of 5,506
I'm a rap fan, i listen to eminem, lilwayne, dr.dre and etc and all that hip hop and pop and R&B. half of it doesn't sound good at all. half sounds decent.  a small percent sounds pretty good. most sound bad. 
I lke quite a couple lil wayne songs. but....there are some i hate...mainly due to recording. Like mirrors by lil wayne; and there's a reason for that.

sorry..just had to rant a bit.

Jan 17, 2012 at 7:54 PM Post #3,753 of 5,506

Quote:
OHGOD guys you have to hear this.

In school, while I was just drifting around out of boredom, saw a guy using a Beats Studio. Went up to him and this happened...

Me: Hey, uh, those yours?"
Him: *takes them off* "Why, do you like them?"
Me: "Not really actually."
Him: "OH GOOD." *passes headphones to friend next to him* "These are mine."

*takes out a D2000, complete with an Algorhythm Solo and a portable amp*

Needless to say, insta-friends.

This is the best thing. Just bumping it up.

Jan 17, 2012 at 8:35 PM Post #3,755 of 5,506
Hey, look here! I'm an on topic post!

Got called out last week for not wearing Beats by a kid who doesn't even have Beats. He then proceeded to say my headphones were "crap" without even listening.

Jan 17, 2012 at 8:59 PM Post #3,756 of 5,506
Well, I thought people were making things up, so they feel superior to the people who are using beats.

Something different happened to me. 

............I was gonna type the whole story, but I got lazy. ****

So I'll shorten it to the max.

I borrowed monster tours from my roommate. (I used to own SRH940 back then.) So this guy with 840 comes by and asked me why I bought the beats.

We talked about headphones on the bus after.

the end.

Jan 17, 2012 at 10:26 PM Post #3,758 of 5,506

Quote:
So you got called out for WEARING MONSTER ???

Sounds like a topic for new thread.

Concurred. Though on one occasion someone asked why didn't I get Tours because I liked earphones...
Response: Would tours survive a 5,000ft climbing expedition like my current earphones in -15 degree weather?
Extreme sports does not go with Beats.
etysmile.gif

Jan 18, 2012 at 6:21 AM Post #3,760 of 5,506

Quote:
Well, I thought people were making things up, so they feel superior to the people who are using beats.

Something different happened to me. 

............I was gonna type the whole story, but I got lazy. ****

So I'll shorten it to the max.

I borrowed monster tours from my roommate. (I used to own SRH940 back then.) So this guy with 840 comes by and asked me why I bought the beats.

We talked about headphones on the bus after.

the end.

Are you sure he's not a Head-Fi'er? Because that totally seems like something we some of us would do.

Jan 18, 2012 at 8:39 AM Post #3,761 of 5,506

Quote:
I'm a rap fan, i listen to eminem, lilwayne, dr.dre and etc and all that hip hop and pop and R&B. half of it doesn't sound good at all. half sounds decent.  a small percent sounds pretty good. most sound bad. 
I lke quite a couple lil wayne songs. but....there are some i hate...mainly due to recording. Like mirrors by lil wayne; and there's a reason for that.

sorry..just had to rant a bit.

Am I the only person who thinks Lil Wayne sounds great on bass-light and bass-neutral headphones? Beats Solos ruin a lot of his songs.

Also, you guys, stop going up to people in public and bragging about your headphones. It's weird.

Jan 18, 2012 at 12:28 PM Post #3,762 of 5,506

Quote:
OHGOD guys you have to hear this.

In school, while I was just drifting around out of boredom, saw a guy using a Beats Studio. Went up to him and this happened...

Me: Hey, uh, those yours?"
Him: *takes them off* "Why, do you like them?"
Me: "Not really actually."
Him: "OH GOOD." *passes headphones to friend next to him* "These are mine."

*takes out a D2000, complete with an Algorhythm Solo and a portable amp*

Needless to say, insta-friends.

Jan 18, 2012 at 2:48 PM Post #3,763 of 5,506

Quote:

Am I the only person who thinks Lil Wayne sounds great on bass-light and bass-neutral headphones? Beats Solos ruin a lot of his songs.

Also, you guys, stop going up to people in public and bragging about your headphones. It's weird.

haha . mirror's doesn't sound bood....on anything. Got Money sounds great on most to any headpones though as does A milli.

Jan 18, 2012 at 4:15 PM Post #3,764 of 5,506

Quote:

Though the perception of Rap/Hip-Hop and the likes in the genre like Pop cross with the latter genres are all bass emphasized (which is true), many forget that with rap, the RAPPING itself should be emphasized, beats, bass and rhythm should be the complimentary aspect.  The same goes for electronic music and trance. The bass, beat and rhythm appears to be very prominent in them, and for those who listen to that for the first time, it may only sound like  'tss-boom-bass'... but truthfully the vocals and melodies are just as important...  And in my opinion, those genres deserve the benefit of basshead headphones, but one that don't veil the rest of the sound spectrum to a puddle of mud. Such is the case with the Solos and the JVC XXplosive bass lineup.
Good affordable alternatives for those are the XB500/700, Even the Steel Series (which are for gaming), Panasonic RP-HTF600, JVC HARX700/900, Kickers, and of course, there are a few more ... Even though many will argue that some of them have muddy mids or such... it's not to the point where you hear nothing but bass, but rather laid back and not too harsh, which makes them 'fun' headphones to listen to.

But, In many cases headphones like SRH840/750 and even Grado PS500's would do more justice to such genres..  You'd actually hear all the sound as opposed to some..

Jan 18, 2012 at 4:16 PM Post #3,765 of 5,506
Well I am from Henley, and go to a boarding school in dorset. I can count the number of students with better (IMO) headphones than beats on my left hand. around 200 have beats, and 400 skullcandy, ibuds etc. It annoys me when everyone who sees my amp goes, "What is that??" and then when i tell them "Your headphones must be **** then, god get some beats"...
needless to say, not many like my k272hd. 
Oddly, around henley i see more audiophile cans around than beats... must be the area :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back