Getting "called-out" for not wearing the Beats
Dec 28, 2011 at 11:46 PM Post #3,196 of 5,506

Quote:
I don't think private vs. public matters, what matters is how good the college is. I've heard a good indicator is one with active postgraduate research, but of course there are other charts. In any case, college IMO isn't so much important for education as it is for making connections (unless you're the type that has trouble learning directly from books, but that's kind of a necessary skill in the real world anyway).

hmm sensible advice for the college looking kid :) thanks. im still worried though. i feel a public university is cheap but won't have what i'm looking for, and all the private ones are 44k a year

Dec 29, 2011 at 12:00 AM Post #3,198 of 5,506
I've tried programming (3 languages later I dumped it). Web design (I just can't be an artist. Bores me to tears). I'm more of a hardware guy I've come to find. I'm looking to get into audio design or custom installation (haven't decided which yet but I know a few people in the installation field and they love their job). 

Pretty much going to just cement Electrical Engineering and get something related to music to go along with it.

Quote:
May I ask which fields you like and which ones you are going to cement your knowledge in. Would you say going to a private college is important?

Most retail employees say this to me "see dem beats, they da stuff you want"

Dec 29, 2011 at 1:35 AM Post #3,200 of 5,506
It depends on who I'm talking to. Most of my friends definitely agree that my Sennheiser's sound much better. I do have a couple stubborn friends that stubbornly believe in the saying "you get what you pay for". It's more or less the same for strangers that I run into on the street. Some agree, some don't.

For a lot of people, they really don't care about the sound, they care about the namebrand and the style. Each to their own.

Dec 29, 2011 at 4:46 AM Post #3,203 of 5,506
lol, this thread is awesome. Just 10 dudes hangin', talkin about life. Occasionally discuss getting called out
darthsmile.gif

Dec 29, 2011 at 7:12 AM Post #3,204 of 5,506
I scroll down through my unread posts:
Spam, spam, spam, spam ,spam, relevant, spam, spam, spam.
sighs...

On a brighter note, friend asked why I didn't buy beats, I let him try my cans, he said mine sounded better. ^_^

Dec 29, 2011 at 7:15 AM Post #3,205 of 5,506
 Typical Rezel, always doing work in the community
wink_face.gif

Aww, you changed your avatar.

Dec 29, 2011 at 7:27 AM Post #3,206 of 5,506
Wow i come to this thread hoping to see beats discussion and what do i get? Off topic mess. I was hoping to read some interesting stories. I was using my shure srh940 on the bus today and this kid kept staring at me funny. I don't know if he was a beats or bose fan or whatever or if he was just scoffing at the fact they look expensive. Either way he gave me odd looks and it looked like he was thinking something like "what a moron, should have bought beats/bose" He did have some red earbuds. They may have been tours i don't know, i don't stalk people for their headphones.

Dec 29, 2011 at 7:34 AM Post #3,207 of 5,506

Quote:
Wow i come to this thread hoping to see beats discussion and what do i get? Off topic mess. I was hoping to read some interesting stories. I was using my shure srh940 on the bus today and this kid kept staring at me funny. I don't know if he was a beats or bose fan or whatever or if he was just scoffing at the fact they look expensive. Either way he gave me odd looks and it looked like he was thinking something like "what a moron, should have bought beats/bose" He did have some red earbuds. They may have been tours i don't know, i don't stalk people for their headphones.

Try page like....180 on back
k701smile.gif

Dec 29, 2011 at 8:13 AM Post #3,208 of 5,506

Quote:

I read this whole thread and it has about ½ on topic and rest off topic. The off topic ones are still quite interesting.

Dec 29, 2011 at 12:27 PM Post #3,210 of 5,506
Uhh yeah...seeing the hidden post box is a bit more annoying than seeing text in all honesty too. 

Nom de Plume, mind if I PM you about SAT/ACT stuff too? I'm kind of freaking out about the need to do well in it as a junior in high school who didn't really give two licks in freshman and sophomore year (only a 3.7 GPA unweighted those two years) 

I'm starting to bring out my Stretches more and more. If someone comments on how they suck (probably listened to them at Best Buy) I let them listen to it and leave them incredulous on how they actually have impact and mids since I lightly modded them. Then I try to educate them in how the simple mods change the sound and they look at me like a freak. This is basic science... 
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back