Getting "called-out" for not wearing the Beats
Dec 29, 2011 at 8:26 PM Post #3,226 of 5,506
The Aviator and MMM are the only relevant cans. Their ratio is still way low. I'd say they're still fair game for the most part. 

ANC wise...How about one of AT's ANC cans? They're not half bad.

Quote:
Heresy! *whips out flamethrower*
we must burn the heretic!

Ok, but Bose? Satisfying? I suppose their ANC cans do fine for noise canceling but in terms of sound, you could do...A little better. Try some IEMs. Try to avoid stepping too much on Skullcandy as well, as their newer offerings like the aviator actually do pretty good for the price.

Dec 29, 2011 at 8:35 PM Post #3,227 of 5,506
So while we ignore my post on Bose at the way top.

This article after seeing Bose in it made me feel like this:
Yeah Beats suck and are overpriced. Get some Ludacris Souls instead.

Sure not as bad but kinda...not audiophilish. Reminds me of my friend who believes himself to be an audiophile but uses Apple earbuds and just an ipod...and regular mp3's

Dec 29, 2011 at 8:44 PM Post #3,228 of 5,506

Quote:
So while we ignore my post on Bose at the way top.

This article after seeing Bose in it made me feel like this:
Yeah Beats suck and are overpriced. Get some Ludacris Souls instead.

Sure not as bad but kinda...not audiophilish. Reminds me of my friend who believes himself to be an audiophile but uses Apple earbuds and just an ipod...and regular mp3's

Reminds me of my school, but just add beats and skull candy into the equation. I saw one kid wearing Coby headphones and in my mind I was like What are coby's? I didn't bother researching on the company since it didn't really interest me. 

Dec 29, 2011 at 8:45 PM Post #3,229 of 5,506

Quote:
Reminds me of my school, but just add beats and skull candy into the equation. I saw one kid wearing Coby headphones and in my mind I was like What are coby's? I didn't bother researching on the company since it didn't really interest me. 

the only real headphone i see in my school was an Portapotty by Koss >_<

Dec 29, 2011 at 8:56 PM Post #3,231 of 5,506

Quote:
I've also seen others which I like to call the unknowns. Why you ask because you can look at the headphones at any angle and they wouldn't have a name or company that made them. Weird ain't it?

yeah i know what you mean. but you know one thing. they were all sub $20 headphones :)

Dec 29, 2011 at 9:20 PM Post #3,233 of 5,506

Quote:
Haha really? I can imagine how the box looks like. The title probably just says HEADPHONES and on the back the description says: Works with mp3s, i-pods and cellphones.

I swear to God the Universe I would buy those. They seem like the most awesome thing ever. I'm sick of "new improved technology", "delivers perfect fidelity while having fantastic bass slam" - I'm assuming "slam" is impact, and so how is this perfect fidelity? What I want is a white box that says "Headphones", and on the back the specs. That's it.

Here's where I got the idea =)

Dec 29, 2011 at 9:25 PM Post #3,234 of 5,506
What I want is a white box that says "Headphones", and on the back the specs. That's it.
 ​
That actually sounds like exactly something Apple would do. Well, they'd add an "i" in front of the name so they can trademark it.

Dec 29, 2011 at 9:39 PM Post #3,235 of 5,506

Quote:
Haha really? I can imagine how the box looks like. The title probably just says HEADPHONES and on the back the description says: Works with mp3s, i-pods and cellphones.

hhah those are hilarious

Quote:
I swear to God the Universe I would buy those. They seem like the most awesome thing ever. I'm sick of "new improved technology", "delivers perfect fidelity while having fantastic bass slam" - I'm assuming "slam" is impact, and so how is this perfect fidelity? What I want is a white box that says "Headphones", and on the back the specs. That's it.

haha man. o man. check out those un marked COBY's!

Quote:
What I want is a white box that says "Headphones", and on the back the specs. That's it.
 ​
That actually sounds like exactly something Apple would do. Well, they'd add an "i" in front of the name so they can trademark it.

let's not hate :) we can't all be gorgeous trademarked angels :wink:

Dec 29, 2011 at 9:40 PM Post #3,236 of 5,506

Quote:

Lol I know what you mean. When I started getting into headphones I painfully found out there were probably hundreds of them and all having different description explaining how great they are and I wonder what happened to the old times where everything was simple. No hi-tech or mainstream stuff

Dec 29, 2011 at 10:03 PM Post #3,237 of 5,506
I will say that Bose OE headphones are decent for a lower price. If they were $100, they'd be unbeatable. The earpads are soft, well built, etc and they sound alright for casual listening. They were given to me three years ago before I got into high end headphones. I got a free set of earbuds from a guy making some in a small company from that article. Bose's home theater products are absolutely horrid but I do disagree with the hate for their headphones.

Dec 29, 2011 at 10:08 PM Post #3,238 of 5,506

Quote:
I swear to God I would buy those. They seem like the most awesome thing ever. I'm sick of "new improved technology", "delivers perfect fidelity while having fantastic bass slam" - I'm assuming "slam" is impact, and so how is this perfect fidelity? What I want is a white box that says "Headphones", and on the back the specs. That's it.

There, I decided to fix that for you. Considering we're both of the same nationalistic background there's no shame in writing the word and I strongly doubt the mods will get worked up for using the word GOD as a figure of expression.

Back on topic though, if we ever made glitzy advertising illegal could you just imagine what the world would be like. We'd have streets as far as the eye could see with tree's and blue skies. A world without loud obnoxious signs waving in your face and polluting the skyline everywhere you look. My Lord what a world that would be, do I dare let myself dream of what could have been.

Before anyone says anything about what I chose to bold type above my handle is DigitalFreak and in real life I dare to be me over the powers that be. Living life as a freak is where you all want to be.

Praise the Lord and pass the Grado's my fellow boppers!!!!

Dec 29, 2011 at 10:09 PM Post #3,239 of 5,506

Quote:
I will say that Bose OE headphones are decent for a lower price. If they were $100, they'd be unbeatable. The earpads are soft, well built, etc and they sound alright for casual listening. They were given to me three years ago before I got into high end headphones. I got a free set of earbuds from a guy making some in a small company from that article. Bose's home theater products are absolutely horrid but I do disagree with the hate for their headphones.

You mean that the cheap cardboard and flimsry mesh on the inside that isn't even taped/glued or something downed so it doesn't move with the flimsiest and tinies cable in the world is worth $100? Yes...portability. but they can use better materials and still keep that size. i don't need my cans to be blown off whenever a gust of wind strikes.

Dec 29, 2011 at 10:11 PM Post #3,240 of 5,506

Quote:

Just like i used to think grocery stores should make shopping easier by marketing white boxes which say food on it. In fine print it would say "may contain eggs, assorted vegetables, ground beef, assorted cereal, etc". Each box would be branded giving the individual the right to buy whichever brand they so choose. It could make grocery shopping hella convenient.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back