Frogbeats Custom-IEM Appreciation Thread
Mar 1, 2013 at 4:46 PM Post #242 of 867
Quote:
Did you go with the white logo with the idea in mind to pair it with the cable? They match very well aesthetically. :)

Wish I could say so, but I only realized that after you mentioned it
redface.gif

Mar 1, 2013 at 4:57 PM Post #243 of 867
If anyones looking for a cable for a frogbeat custom they are the same as westone cables (email david just to be sure) JH UE cable the pins are the same pitch ( distance apart but the pins are longer) i think.edit just pulled my triple.fi cables off and they are different from the frogbeat cables I kinda looked into it a while back and I think the cable with frogbeats is the basic westone 4r cable (flush fit) (email frogbeats).

Mar 1, 2013 at 5:04 PM Post #244 of 867
Quote:
yup , i strongly agree with you . i found the 4.Ai ( 4.A ) has no match to the C4s especially soundstage , image and bass ........
i find the soundstage , image of C4s become crazier when i listen with my DIY silver cable . Probably the C4s is one of my best IEM now

I'm finding it quite hard to believe that the 4.A and the C4 use the same driver configuration, they really do sound different in significant ways

Mar 1, 2013 at 11:13 PM Post #245 of 867
Quote:
I'm finding it quite hard to believe that the 4.A and the C4 use the same driver configuration, they really do sound different in significant ways

as my research , actually they use the same driver config , even filters are the same too .............. but i do find they're sound different , too ............... i told tomcsy2000 before but seem like he didn't believe me :))

@fuzz : i try to plug my c4s in to glacier but the result is not really good ..........i feel everything are nice except the narrow soundstage ........ how your C5s sound when pair with glacier

Mar 1, 2013 at 11:37 PM Post #246 of 867
Hey. Hideous Pride, how much was the shipping cost to do refits? I have a feeling I might want to refit my left side, but I am unsure. It's not terrible, just slightly a bit loose. No seal is lost.

Mar 2, 2013 at 1:47 AM Post #247 of 867
Quote:
Could you explain what you mean in a little more detail, please?

Inside each shell is a 3 way crossover which directs the appropriate frequency's to the bass, mid and treble drivers.

@LyPForever. Thats interesting coming from a cowon j3 I find the soundstage wider, the mids fuller and more forward its really a big step up for me, are you using the dac or the line-in if the line-in what are you using for the source? I havn't spent much time with it.

Mar 2, 2013 at 2:39 AM Post #248 of 867
Ah ok, frequency response graphs rely on frequency sweeps and measuring the sound pressure levels at the other end, which is fine for say dynamic drivers which have no crossover but with multi BA which have crossovers which filter the bass,mid,treble to appropriate BA it doesn't mean a lot, also the crossover is the main reason why multi BA's can change impedance at given frequency's and music contains a multitude of different frequency's something else frequency sweeps don't allow for. edit sorry for not being specfic but Ive just woken up.

Mar 2, 2013 at 11:36 AM Post #249 of 867
Anyone know any tracks i can test soundstage with? Everything seems narrow right now. And i don't seem to be hearing too much of anything from my left earpiece, so i'm wondering if t hat is from my music selections or from a poor fit. I can definitely wiggle the left one more than the right one. It really pains me to have to send them back. Perhaps i'm wrong and it's just that that ear can't get a seal normally?

Mar 2, 2013 at 11:41 AM Post #250 of 867
Not sure about the others as these will be my first CIEMs..

Personally some of the tracks I use are BT and Shpongle.  Some classical (Peer Gynt and Holst The Planets come to mind) Not too sure about J-Music and Vocaloids.

Mar 2, 2013 at 11:44 AM Post #251 of 867
Quote:
Ah ok, frequency response graphs rely on frequency sweeps and measuring the sound pressure levels at the other end, which is fine for say dynamic drivers which have no crossover but with multi BA which have crossovers which filter the bass,mid,treble to appropriate BA it doesn't mean a lot, also the crossover is the main reason why multi BA's can change impedance at given frequency's and music contains a multitude of different frequency's something else frequency sweeps don't allow for. edit sorry for not being specfic but Ive just woken up.

Well, as to the first part of your answer, there's something else that measures sound pressure levels "at the other end" -- the human ear. Some people would say that dynamic drivers are indeed fine for this
wink.gif
Some of the problems with multi BA and crossover set-ups will indeed show up on a graph, just as they can be heard. For example, a flaw in the crossover tuning of the C4 leads to a dip or suckout in the frequency response that the reviewer LFF heard and this was later seen in the graph.  Therefore, a frequency response graph is far from meaningless.

As for the second part, I've just shown that a frequency response graph can convey meaningful information if done right. That it may not be right to measure all aspects of an earphone's sound production doesn't make it meaningless. You may be aware that there are several different types of ways to plot an earphone's sound. You can see purrin's website for more information.

Mar 2, 2013 at 11:49 AM Post #252 of 867
Quote:
Anyone know any tracks i can test soundstage with? Everything seems narrow right now. And i don't seem to be hearing too much of anything from my left earpiece, so i'm wondering if t hat is from my music selections or from a poor fit. I can definitely wiggle the left one more than the right one. It really pains me to have to send them back. Perhaps i'm wrong and it's just that that ear can't get a seal normally?

I kinda use two albums :-

Head-Fi's Open Your Ears from HDTracks
Dr. Chesky's Sensational, Fantastic, and Simply Amazing Binaural Sound Show also from HDTracks

Mar 2, 2013 at 7:40 PM Post #254 of 867
Quote:
Hey. Hideous Pride, how much was the shipping cost to do refits? I have a feeling I might want to refit my left side, but I am unsure. It's not terrible, just slightly a bit loose. No seal is lost.

X2, what is Frogbeats's warranty and repair policy? Not that there's anything wrong with my pair, but in my experience customs might require some repair work down the road.

Mar 3, 2013 at 2:59 AM Post #255 of 867
Quote:
X2, what is Frogbeats's warranty and repair policy? Not that there's anything wrong with my pair, but in my experience customs might require some repair work down the road.

I think it's one year. That's the standard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back