Frogbeats Custom-IEM Appreciation Thread
Mar 8, 2013 at 12:44 AM Post #271 of 867
Quote:
Also, wondering. The memory wires seems to bother me. Plus it clashes when I use my glasses. Is it possible/recommended to just cut the memory wire off?

They're called contacts. 
tongue_smile.gif

Watch out, I got C4s on me! O(≧▽≦)O

Haha just noticed your sig... pretty funny.

Mar 8, 2013 at 1:02 AM Post #272 of 867
Quote:
They're called contacts. 
tongue_smile.gif

Watch out, I got C4s on me! O(≧▽≦)O

Haha just noticed your sig... pretty funny.

Lol, just as some people can't stand the feel of customs. I can't stand the feel of contacts. I even have a hard time with eyedrops XD. 

I hope I don't "ruin" the cable if I cut off the memory wire. Is it still comfortable without the memory wire? Anyone with experience? Oh and is it normal that my pins on the right side don't insert fully? some of it sticks out.

[size=11.199999809265137px]O(≧▽≦)O Thanks![/size]

Mar 9, 2013 at 5:09 PM Post #273 of 867
Okay guys... so I just lost my mp3 player. I remember there being some discussing about DAPs going on earlier in the thread, and assuming I can't find it, what you guys recommend as a replacement? Perhaps something budget-priced? 

Mar 9, 2013 at 5:41 PM Post #275 of 867
Quote:
Okay guys... so I just lost my mp3 player. I remember there being some discussing about DAPs going on earlier in the thread, and assuming I can't find it, what you guys recommend as a replacement? Perhaps something budget-priced? 

For budget priced, I have a Colorfly C3. It's $100 ish. Although I really prefer my idevices alot better. Much more convenient/album art is nice.

Mar 9, 2013 at 6:57 PM Post #277 of 867
Yeah, but it costs as much as CIEMs no? And you have to be older than a young adult as well, from what I hear.

Mar 9, 2013 at 7:23 PM Post #278 of 867
Quote:
Yeah, but it costs as much as CIEMs no? And you have to be older than a young adult as well, from what I hear.

Colorfly C3 is around $100. Sansa Clip + less than a $100. Nowhere near CIEM prices.

Of course, iPod Nano will be decent as well =)

Mar 9, 2013 at 8:13 PM Post #279 of 867
Quote:

Colorfly C3 is around $100. Sansa Clip + less than a $100. Nowhere near CIEM prices.

Of course, iPod Nano will be decent as well =)

I'm talking about Lasik procedures lol - not the DAPs 
biggrin.gif

Sansa Clip+?

Yeah, I just picked up one with a 32gb SD card off the used forums like an hour ago :p

Mar 9, 2013 at 9:03 PM Post #280 of 867
Quote:

Yeah, it can be pricey (depending on who you go to - though always choose a quality facility) but my friends swear it's the best thing they ever did for themselves.  Some of them got Lasik after their mid-20s.

Mar 9, 2013 at 9:05 PM Post #281 of 867
Quote:

Yeah, it can be pricey (depending on who you go to - though always choose a quality facility) but my friends swear it's the best thing they ever did for themselves.  Some of them got Lasik after their mid-20s.

I have heard horror stories from friends and the possibility of your sight become worse/the original state you were in. On the other hand, the risk of CIEMS is so minniscule.

Mar 9, 2013 at 9:10 PM Post #282 of 867
Quote:
I have heard horror stories from friends and the possibility of your sight become worse/the original state you were in. On the other hand, the risk of CIEMS is so minniscule.

Done 13 yrs ago. Both eyes LASIKed twice. Been wearing contacts on left eye only since. Was short sighted before but now I can see the moon craters :wink: (quite long sighted). No, presbyopia hasn't even started...may be able to see the centre of the galaxy by the time it does.

Having said that, LASIK technology has improved in the past decade.

Mar 9, 2013 at 9:18 PM Post #283 of 867
Quote:

Done 13 yrs ago. Both eyes LASIKed twice. Been wearing contacts on left eye only since. Was short sighted before but now I can see the moon craters :wink: (quite long sighted). No, presbyopia hasn't even started...may be able to see the centre of the galaxy by the time it does.

I think that I will need to do some Lasik soon
rolleyes.gif

I emailed Frogbeats to ask if they would allow me to cancel my order and their reply was that they would but on the condition that I will receive zero refund. How nice.

So now, I can't even change to another CIEM and am stuck in the whole process. At least I have learned to be wiser now and never to commit full funds ever again on purchases until it is ready for shipment - since I can't sue them for LD to compensate me for delays.

Mar 9, 2013 at 9:40 PM Post #284 of 867

A lil update here with images. But is this normal? My connectors seem to be a little rough. The part between the acrylic and the platic connector don't feel polished. 

And also, is it normal that the pins don't push in all the way? My right side seems to only go in half way, there's no room left to push.

Mar 10, 2013 at 12:19 AM Post #285 of 867
Quote:

A lil update here with images. But is this normal? My connectors seem to be a little rough. The part between the acrylic and the platic connector don't feel polished. 

And also, is it normal that the pins don't push in all the way? My right side seems to only go in half way, there's no room left to push.

On my former UM Merlins, SE530x8, and on Tralucent 1Plus2, the recessed sockets are rough too so I think that's quite normal. However all of them I could push the connectors in to almost equal depth.

Is there a guide rail inside the recessed socket? Do the connectors have channel ridges? If so does each connector's channel ridge match the recessed socket's guide rail?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back