Frogbeats Custom-IEM Appreciation Thread
Mar 10, 2013 at 12:22 AM Post #286 of 867
Quote:

On my former UM Merlins, SE530x8, and on Tralucent 1Plus2, the recessed sockets are rough too so I think that's quite normal. However all of them I could push the connectors in to almost equal depth.

Is there a guide rail inside the recessed socket? Do the connectors have channel ridges? If so does each connector's channel ridge match the recessed socket's guide rail?

I might be wrong about this, but iirc, I don't think any of the frogbeats have recessed sockets.

Mar 10, 2013 at 4:01 PM Post #288 of 867

This is what my "good" side looks like. It still protrudes out quite a bit. Is this supposed to happen? I just talked to Anoxy who says that they should be flush. Or perhaps it's different per person's ear. 

And now it seems like my fit problem is gone....somehow...again. I can't tell good fit from bad fit now. Or perhaps the notion of a poor fit was just because my left side was not used to the monitor? I'll have to check again later to confirm this though. Right now my thoughts are quite jumbled (as you can see in this post). 

It's interesting seeing how much they had to polish off to form a monitor. 

Mar 10, 2013 at 6:03 PM Post #289 of 867
It looks to me, from your photos, that you may not be pushing the CIEM all the way in, behind the crus of helix:

The CIEM should hook-in behind/under the crus of helix

Mar 10, 2013 at 8:39 PM Post #291 of 867
Quote:
Mython is right, I dont like to double post but lift number 2 over the edge of the custom after you have "screwed" the nossles into your ear canal.

It's impossible for me to hook #2 over. My CIEMs are too big and go past it.

Mar 10, 2013 at 9:07 PM Post #292 of 867
Frogbeats build their CIEMs slightly differently; the part sticking out of the ear is a "Knob" to aid in inserting and removing the earpiece which is above the actual part which slides into the helix

Mar 10, 2013 at 9:10 PM Post #293 of 867
Quote:
Frogbeats build their CIEMs slightly differently; the part sticking out of the ear is a "Knob" to aid in inserting and removing the earpiece which is above the actual part which slides into the helix

Thanks! That clarifies it :D.

Mar 11, 2013 at 6:55 PM Post #295 of 867
Quote:
Placed my order for a rush pair of C4 yesterday. Now waiting for DHL pick up.

Let's see how this turn out.

Anyone else got their pair yet?

I will be interested to know how long does yours take to process.

Mine is taking a very long time, and that is starting from the day my impression reached them (not paid, not sent, but reached) till now.

Customer service is one of the worst and the owner is trying to justify the delay with different excuses, shirking responsibilities from them. Worse still, they will refund nothing if the order is cancelled. Not full refund, not partial refund, nor even a penny, but, nothing.

By doing this, Frogbeats is actually locking customers who paid in full down to them and then taking their own time to make the CIEM. There is nothing the customer could do to them.

Just to share my experience with others who are considering this.

Mar 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM Post #297 of 867
Quote:
My pair took about 3 weeks under rush order, but that was during the CNY period.

That's still pretty long.... 

To be honest, good customer service would be recommending no rush ordering during the CNY week. Because 3 weeks for rush is actuallly almost the same length as normal build in other companies. 

On the refit situation, it's a good thing that I found the proper way of tying the cable. I have it a tight around the back of my head secure. That way, the tension there keeps it locked somewhat secure. The seal breaking easily isn't something I can control though because of the way my ears are shaped, so that's a bummer. But luckily, it doesn't break unless I deliberately try to.

Mar 11, 2013 at 8:00 PM Post #298 of 867
@uelover: Sorry to hear that, I understand the frustration that comes with waiting as I'm already looking forward to it even though it only got picked up today! As for Frogbeat's response time, David has been answering my inquiries within a day or two so it's not too bad. I've been promised that I'll get the pair by the end of the month per rush order.

Given that I work in a small manufacturing company that deals with international suppliers, I can understand the time frame required to make something like this. I was considering a pair of UERM because I live in California where UE is based so it's probably easier to deal with but that darn review by LFF... well you know how it goes.
tongue_smile.gif

Mar 11, 2013 at 8:01 PM Post #299 of 867
Quote:
That's still pretty long.... 

To be honest, good customer service would be recommending no rush ordering during the CNY week. Because 3 weeks for rush is actuallly almost the same length as normal build in other companies.

Precisely, especially when the quoted build time for rush is 4-5 days. I didn't even know that CNY would affect them as I thought they were UK based, but turns out they still manufacture in China.

To be fair they did finish the build in 5 days, just that the time waiting on final shipment, etc really added up quickly.

Mar 11, 2013 at 8:11 PM Post #300 of 867
Quote:
Precisely, especially when the quoted build time for rush is 4-5 days. I didn't even know that CNY would affect them as I thought they were UK based, but turns out they still manufacture in China.

Yea, I think their quoted time for rush order doesn't take into account the shipping time between the different parties and the QC each time it goes through their office. I think it's about 1.5 - 2 weeks for a complete turnaround after receiving the impressions.

All sorts of bleh happens during CNY for our company too. Just have to wait it out. =(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back