Frogbeats Custom-IEM Appreciation Thread
Mar 3, 2013 at 3:02 AM Post #256 of 867
Im banned from chanstar for having a opinion, I can get on via proxy server but I cant be bothered. the suckout you referred to on the c4 wasn't known about until the graph showed up and Im pretty sure LFF commented he couldn't hear it so I personally think the c4 crossover tuning is good. Maybe meaninglessness is to stronger word but there some people on here who have the heir customs and the c4 which have a pretty much have identical graphs but sound worlds apart at which point I think are the graphs meaningful? Edit typos android phone fat thumbs.

Mar 4, 2013 at 6:02 AM Post #258 of 867
Quote:
as my research , actually they use the same driver config , even filters are the same too .............. but i do find they're sound different , too ............... i told tomcsy2000 before but seem like he didn't believe me :))

@fuzz : i try to plug my c4s in to glacier but the result is not really good ..........i feel everything are nice except the narrow soundstage ........ how your C5s sound when pair with glacier

I find the c5 pair well with the apex but I think the apex was designed for fun customs like the JH16, but as you have the c4 which is a neutral custom then maybe look for a neutral or transparent  amp or find somewhere you can demo them. edit but then my hd650's sound good out of the apex so I might be wrong.

Mar 4, 2013 at 10:38 AM Post #259 of 867
Quote:
Hey. Hideous Pride, how much was the shipping cost to do refits? I have a feeling I might want to refit my left side, but I am unsure. It's not terrible, just slightly a bit loose. No seal is lost.

Hi Eve,

Run a few songs in mono, or songs that cut dramatically to each side and compare dynamics. For me personally, when it was a fit issue the problem wasn't so much soundstage as a lack of balance of sound from the two earpieces. 

I think shipping costs will be different for everyone. FWIW, I rushed it 2 day and ended up paying... I believe ~$30-$35. Turnaround time for getting it back is about the same as placing an order though, think it's been more than a month and David just emailed me today saying that my C4 was finally finished and on its way back to the UK.
redface.gif
 I hope you have something to tide you over if you end up gonig fo a reshell.

Mar 4, 2013 at 12:52 PM Post #260 of 867
Its taken me a while to master the fitting (my first customs) but I found the best way put them by putting the wires/shell forward and screwing the nozzle into the ear canal I also recently discovered that moving the flap in number 2 over the edge of the custom and they are rock solid.

Mar 4, 2013 at 2:32 PM Post #261 of 867
Mar 4, 2013 at 2:52 PM Post #262 of 867
Not sure, the cable that came with my c5 is a cheap westone cable (I think) which has a break in the wire Its and only done it a couple times I just ordered the cheapest one I could find I think the westone cable is about £20 (I think), this one just looks better put together. Its also the link I emailed to David and he said yes it should fit.

Mar 4, 2013 at 3:12 PM Post #263 of 867
Quote:
Not sure, the cable that came with my c5 is a cheap westone cable (I think) which has a break in the wire Its and only done it a couple times I just ordered the cheapest one I could find I think the westone cable is about £20 (I think), this one just looks better put together. Its also the link I emailed to David and he said yes it should fit.

I was thinking of getting an jh audio iphone compatible cable, but $50 seems like quite the stretch. Plus, it doesn't seem like a sturdy cable.

Mar 4, 2013 at 3:20 PM Post #264 of 867
Im not sure there the same, I have some Ultimate Ears triple.fi (I havn't seen a JH cable but JH was the guy behind the UE customs before he sold out to logitech) and although the pins are the same distance apart they are not the same the c5s have a flush fit the triple.fi's are not flush.

Mar 7, 2013 at 6:32 PM Post #266 of 867
Well the 5 week build time for my C4s is now at 8 weeks and counting.  No response to my most recent email asking for a ship date. This is just poor service for an expensive luxury item. My big worry now is that when they finally do arrive they'll need a refit and facing several more months of waiting. 

I do regret getting customs now, it's just not worth the aggravation of repeated shipping delays and lack of communication. Should've just got a good set of non-custom IEMs.

frown.gif

Mar 7, 2013 at 6:36 PM Post #267 of 867
Quote:
Well the 5 week build time for my C4s is now at 8 weeks and counting.  No response to my most recent email asking for a ship date. This is just poor service for an expensive luxury item. My big worry now is that when they finally do arrive they'll need a refit and facing several more months of waiting. 

I do regret getting customs now, it's just not worth the aggravation of repeated shipping delays and lack of communication. Should've just got a good set of non-custom IEMs.

frown.gif

Many other customs company are fast and responsive. Frogbeats is just...

I am waiting with you. Not sure how long more as well and hopefully there won't be a need for refit.

Mar 7, 2013 at 8:15 PM Post #268 of 867
Quote:

frown.gif

I am sort of regretting not getting Anakchan's Tg334s when he had them up for sale. Because in the end, I could have bought one used with all the money I have invested in the CIEMs. Will have to send them over for a refit...

Mar 8, 2013 at 12:21 AM Post #269 of 867
Also, wondering. The memory wires seems to bother me. Plus it clashes when I use my glasses. Is it possible/recommended to just cut the memory wire off?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back