Former Audiophile looking for IEM
Sep 24, 2012 at 11:07 PM Post #61 of 81
Just FYI, sponsors have fewer restrictions than ordinary MOTs as to where and what they can post, excepting that they cannot comment on or compare their products with those from other manufacturers. Most sponsors don't post outside of the Sponsor Announcement and Deals forum, but they can, with any associated risks (such as annoying members).
wink_face.gif

Sep 25, 2012 at 6:52 AM Post #63 of 81
Well he (Heir Wiz) most certainly annoyed me.

It was just like a pop up ad...

Then, When engaged in a specification question about his product... He didn't know.

Yes, I was annoyed.

Jim
Quote:
Just FYI, sponsors have fewer restrictions than ordinary MOTs as to where and what they can post, excepting that they cannot comment on or compare their products with those from other manufacturers. Most sponsors don't post outside of the Sponsor Announcement and Deals forum, but they can, with any associated risks (such as annoying members).
wink_face.gif

Sep 25, 2012 at 7:11 AM Post #64 of 81
Quote:

Then, When engaged in a specification question about his product... He didn't know.

Yes, I was annoyed.

Jim

Jim

The question you asked was how much does a 4.Ai wiegh?

If you really  understood the way CIEMs are made and in this particular situation, a hand made IEM made via the same steps as a CIEM, you would know that there is NO simple cut and dry anwser.

Why is that?  Well again you have to know how they are made.

Many parameters influence the answer:

1) Color = How much pigment is in the UV material used to make the shells.   As the IEM shells are made in batches, usually in groups of 20 pairs, the amount of pigment used is different.  Why is that?  Because the pigment varies in potency.  Why is that?  Because it comes like that from the supliers, it is difficult for them to keep it consistent, which then makes it difficult on us to the end results consistent as well.

2) The lighter the color, usually the thicker the shells = the thicker the shells the heavier the IEM

3) How thick is the wooden face plate. Each IEM is hand made, one person may grind down the wood to .03 MM while another may grind the wood down to .2mm. 

4) How thick is the acrylic over lay on top of the wood, again, hand made, one may have 1 MM thick acrylic, while another 1.3 MM thick acrylic.

Like CIEMs these are all HAND MADE products, but with the purpose of a UNIFORM FIT, but are not UNIFORMED made.

One can eaily state how much a Uniform made product wieghs as each part used to comprise the IEM is always the same, but the Ai series the answer varies from serial number to serial number.

If this answer annoys you, I am sorry, but this is the best I can provide for you because of the many different parameters, your question is like asking, "How long is a piece of string."

Wizard

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Sep 25, 2012 at 7:32 AM Post #65 of 81
Just give me WAG then...

How can I know more about your product than without your giving us the info?

I am a firm believer in knowing as much about a product before I would consider it for purchase.

You had/have the opportunity to educate and enlighten members.

Help Me, Help You, Jim
Quote:

Jim

The question you asked was how much does a 4.Ai wiegh?

If you really  understood the way CIEMs are made and in this particular situation, a hand made IEM made via the same steps as a CIEM, you would know that there is NO simple cut and dry anwser.

Why is that?  Well again you have to know how they are made.

Many parameters influence the answer:

1) Color = How much pigment is in the UV material used to make the shells.   As the IEM shells are made in batches, usually in groups of 20 pairs, the amount of pigment used is different.  Why is that?  Because the pigment varies in potency.  Why is that?  Because it comes like that from the supliers, it is difficult for them to keep it consistent, which then makes it difficult on us to the end results consistent as well.

2) The lighter the color, usually the thicker the shells = the thicker the shells the heavier the IEM

3) How thick is the wooden face plate. Each IEM is hand made, one person may grind down the wood to .03 MM while another may grind the wood down to .2mm. 

4) How thick is the acrylic over lay on top of the wood, again, hand made, one may have 1 MM thick acrylic, while another 1.3 MM thick acrylic.

Like CIEMs these are all HAND MADE products, but with the purpose of a UNIFORM FIT, but are not UNIFORMED made.

One can eaily state how much a Uniform made product wieghs as each part used to comprise the IEM is always the same, but the Ai series the answer varies from serial number to serial number.

If this answer annoys you, I am sorry, but this is the best I can provide for you because of the many different parameters, your question is like asking, "How long is a piece of string."

Wizard

Sep 25, 2012 at 7:45 AM Post #66 of 81
Quote:

Yes, I was annoyed.

Jim

The irony..... I shall 'annoy' in each thread you post in, in future, asking about how each Ety weighs with each tip available on the market with each filter you so recommend, to the twentieth significant figure. That's quite a number of combinations. Oh you're not a manufacturer/sponsor from Etys? Sure seemed like so.. Sorry.

Sep 25, 2012 at 7:54 AM Post #67 of 81
Perhaps, You should save yourself some time...

And ask The Manufacturer?

Cheers, Jim

PS How much weight I am willing to hang off of my ear is important to me... How bout you?
Quote:

The irony..... I shall 'annoy' in each thread you post in, in future, asking about how each Ety weighs with each tip available on the market with each filter you so recommend, to the twentieth significant figure. That's quite a number of combinations.

Sep 25, 2012 at 7:55 AM Post #68 of 81
As in my edit of the previous post. Judging just by your posts, I couldn't tell that you weren't a sponsor/manufacturer from Ety. And I apologise once again. I tend NOT to judge people by the label against their name, you see, but by the contributions in his posts (e.g. FullCircle's recommendation of the 4.Ai was helpful, appropriate AND in line with the context towards which the thread was progressing i.e. ~$400 IEMs were recommended prior to his post).

Of COURSE it is important, to the twentieth significant figure, as mentioned. This is because I have utterly peculiar ears that double as sensitive mass balances that reject IEMs on the basis that they're 0.000000000000001 gram off the standard they are willing to accept.

Sep 25, 2012 at 8:07 AM Post #69 of 81
Good Thing then... That you bought some Apple EarPods.

They may be right up your alley.

LOLz, Jim
Quote:
Of COURSE it is important, to the twentieth significant figure, as mentioned. This is because I have utterly peculiar ears that double as sensitive mass balances that reject IEMs on the basis that they're 0.000000000000001 gram off the standard they are willing to accept.

Sep 25, 2012 at 8:49 AM Post #71 of 81
Quote:
Westone 4R  /Ultimate ears 900 /  Etymotic ER4S /  or Heir Audio 4.Ai,( pssst... hahaha) OR a cheeper solution would be GR07-MK2

im either thinking of the Westone 4R or the Phonak Audeo PFE 232.

Im not sure which one to choose.

The 4r will cost £270 whereas the Phonak will cost £400,  

Sep 25, 2012 at 9:27 AM Post #72 of 81
Quote:
im either thinking of the Westone 4R or the Phonak Audeo PFE 232.

Im not sure which one to choose.

The 4r will cost £270 whereas the Phonak will cost £400,  

What genres of music do you listen to?  What kind of sound are you after? 

Sep 25, 2012 at 5:59 PM Post #73 of 81
Dubstep, drum and bass, garage, hip hop, rnb. Reggae.

I don't want an over bassy iem but the tracks I tend to listen to do have bass. For example YouTube distance as artist and track called v

I want crips vocals and hear the separation between instruments.

Sep 25, 2012 at 6:14 PM Post #74 of 81
Quote:
Dubstep, drum and bass, garage, hip hop, rnb. Reggae.
I don't want an over bassy iem but the tracks I tend to listen to do have bass. For example YouTube distance as artist and track called v
I want crips vocals and hear the separation between instruments.

I'm still going to say that the PFE232 will fare better.  I don't know how much bass is too much bass for you.  The 232s do pack a bit of quantity, but have a much better perceived depth compared to the W4.

Sep 26, 2012 at 7:58 AM Post #75 of 81
Hi

I have a pair of UE super.fi 5 since 2006 and still in love with them.
My source is an ipod video (80 g) but I intend to buy a sandisk clip + 8g. Much more portable!
Sure would like to lay hands on a pair TF10 at reasonable price,  but at this time, as I heard through this forum, there is this new company in sweden Cosmic Ears.
I am tangled to try a pair of Custum IE of them out, as they seem realy affordable.

regards
Paul
Belgium

Users who are viewing this thread

Back