Fischer DBA-02 Vs. HD 580 Vs. Sexttet LP Vs. RE-0/ZERO Vs. UE Triple-Fi 10
Jul 24, 2011 at 9:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

YTCrazyTieGuy

Head-Fier
Hey guys, I wanted to focus the topic of the thread I started the other day (IEM vs. hd 580 and amp options). Except for what the title already says I want to add that I'm mostly looking for a mixing headphone, and that detail, separation and extension are my top priorities. Also, I'll be using EQ, so as long as the headphone doesn't have sharp changes in FR I don't mind if it slopes a little.
Thanks!
smily_headphones1.gif

edit: I just added the UE TF 10 to the title cause Chris pointed out to me in my other thread that they sell for $99 on ebay.

Jul 26, 2011 at 7:46 PM Post #3 of 4
k240 sextett aren't for mixing(look into the k240df or k240m preferably the former; also amp required)

hd580 with amp is just wonderfully balanced and detailed, but it might be a bit too forgiving on some bad recordings.(I'd say a maybe okay for mixing, but it's more of a listening and enjoying music headphone)

re0 very detailed oriented, neutral but I'd rather lean toward the etymotic hf5 for more of a studio sound.(good fit for mixing)
you might want to look it

Look for headphones that will work as "monitors"
sony v6(I personally don't like this one wonky soundstage sure hope they fixed it in the xv700)
sony xv700(new)
sennheiser hd280(too colored for my taste but some people say it's good enough for monitoring)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back