Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jul 6, 2019 at 4:09 AM Post #8,762 of 11,643
You’re going to love the sound, I suspect. I bought both a balanced and unbalanced version for my D8000 and Sonorous VI and I’m very happy with the sound.

Absolutely!The D8000 is amazing now. It was already very good. Now the nimbleness of the sound, and the impact of the bass is impressive, while still remaining taut. Thanks for your suggestion to get the cables!

And thanks to Claire from Jaben SG for bringing this for me. :)

Jul 6, 2019 at 11:42 AM Post #8,763 of 11,643
Absolutely!The D8000 is amazing now. It was already very good. Now the nimbleness of the sound, and the impact of the bass is impressive, while still remaining taut. Thanks for your suggestion to get the cables!

And thanks to Claire from Jaben SG for bringing this for me. :)

How's D8000 comparing to Sonorous X?
Which one do you like it more?

Jul 6, 2019 at 12:59 PM Post #8,764 of 11,643
Jul 6, 2019 at 10:01 PM Post #8,765 of 11,643
Have you had a chance to try out the Final B1? If so any first thought and impression on it?

I will be getting mine on Wednesday, so I’ll report my initial feelings although I’m going to put 100 hours on it before I write my review.

Jul 6, 2019 at 10:28 PM Post #8,766 of 11,643
I will be getting mine on Wednesday, so I’ll report my initial feelings although I’m going to put 100 hours on it before I write my review.

Sweet, I'm so looking forward to it.

Cheers! :beerchug:

I was told they're boring, Curious if its true.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2019 at 10:38 PM Post #8,767 of 11,643
Sweet, I'm so looking forward to it.

Cheers! :beerchug:

I was told they're boring, Curious if its true.

I’ll let you know. I’ve never heard a boring final product.

Jul 7, 2019 at 12:50 AM Post #8,768 of 11,643
How's D8000 comparing to Sonorous X?
Which one do you like it more?

Well, frankly at this stage, i prefer the D8000. The Sonorous X is of course a different creature. And because the D8000 is meant for the desktop amp, it does much better on the Cavalli Liquid Gold. Because I can listen it on full blast. Whilst when I use the Sonorous X, I have to switch to low gain and listen to it on very low volume. Though i must say it sounds stellar with the Cayin N8. I think the D8000, on balance, is more dynamic and nimble and has impressive bass impact.

These are just my thoughts at this stage. I am sure I shall try the new cables with the X sooner or later. :) Watch this space.

Jul 7, 2019 at 1:40 AM Post #8,769 of 11,643
Well, frankly at this stage, i prefer the D8000. The Sonorous X is of course a different creature. And because the D8000 is meant for the desktop amp, it does much better on the Cavalli Liquid Gold. Because I can listen it on full blast. Whilst when I use the Sonorous X, I have to switch to low gain and listen to it on very low volume. Though i must say it sounds stellar with the Cayin N8. I think the D8000, on balance, is more dynamic and nimble and has impressive bass impact.

These are just my thoughts at this stage. I am sure I shall try the new cables with the X sooner or later. :) Watch this space.

Thanks for the reply.
As for a quick search on the spec for Sonorous X, D8000 and the Cavalli Liquid Gold, I think Sonorous X does not pair well with the amp, need to find amp for it's low impedance. This may be hard to compare, as the setup maybe different

How would you say the sound signature for the 2 headphones?

Jul 9, 2019 at 2:37 AM Post #8,770 of 11,643
Hit around 100 hours burn in now with E4000, I will stop at 200. Not really a believer of burn in but final put a statement about it on the product page so im giving it a shot this time.

They still sound the same to me, which is a good thing. It's a really good iem for the price and the controlled rear pressure of the driver helps it sound more effortless. I am getting a little bit of sibilance with some albums but I'm starting to think this is not a problem with peaks like I once thought but sibilance occurs when the driver can not provide enough detail in that treble region.

If final release a higher end E series model that has tighter bass, more depth and more detail in the treble whilst keeping the same sound signature I'll happily pick it up as a replacement to the E4000.

Jul 9, 2019 at 4:00 PM Post #8,771 of 11,643
Crinacle's Final Audio B1 Graph

B1.jpg

Anyone wanna Share their thoughts? Opinion? Translate? I don't know how to read Graphs :sweat_smile:

Heard from Crinacle that the B1 is best of the B Series but the B series isn't good to begin with... :sweat_smile:

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2019 at 4:16 PM Post #8,772 of 11,643
I just publish a review of the GREAT Final Audio Design E5000 wich I adore. Don't think 280$ is overpriced for such sound and construction.

Bassy, Balanced, Beautifully Bodied, and now Beloved. I'm really addict to these.

Review on headfi and on my NO BS Blog

Jul 9, 2019 at 7:43 PM Post #8,773 of 11,643
Crinacle's Final Audio B1 Graph

Anyone wanna Share their thoughts? Opinion? Translate? I don't know how to read Graphs :sweat_smile:

Heard from Crinacle that the B1 is best of the B Series but the B series isn't good to begin with... :sweat_smile:

One man’s not-good is another man’s great ...

Jul 10, 2019 at 3:16 AM Post #8,774 of 11,643
just got the e1000 today from the post, $50 AUD but I fell more than compensated

initial thoughts with some testing of various sources is that they are very revealing of source and poor/good audio, the voices sounded to me a bit lusher than I am used to (I use mostly earbuds), and thought at first that they might be a bit v-ish sounding but they are mostly neutral with good instrument separation, I measured them with my iphone using softer eartips and pink noise and found them to have a very flat sound curve that falls off after 12khz I think, looking up online I found this graph to be more accurate reading

https://crinacle.com/graphs/final-audio-e1000/

most reviews fail to mention how realistic things sound with the headphones they review, I found the e1000 to be sound very realistic, as tested with binaural recordings on youtube

Jul 10, 2019 at 9:50 AM Post #8,775 of 11,643
I'm a lucky man, and feel humble to have the chance to test so much Final Audio earphones.

I receive whole B serie yesterday. For some strange reason I listen the most to the 300$ B2 wich is the fuller sounding single armature I every heard...i mean, its a BA that can compete with dynamic driver in term of bass extension and it do not have any harshness or dryness in treble we can expect from a BA. It sound like a mix of E5000-3000 with F4100.

Soundstage is wide and airy and imaging is very precise.

Bass is smooth but extended with good punch and low-mid bass separation for a clear rendering of bass line, in a natural and flat way, not boosted like E3000-5000.

MID are the star of the show and so delactable, presence is fowarded with great body for a BA, unlike F4100 that have bright mids, these are lusher and more natural, like E2000 but with better mid range separation.

Treble is crisp, not agressive, neither rolled off like E serie, more a smooth drop on top than a drastic one. Level of details is high without being on analytical territory.

Its a very flat neutral soundsignature with extra musicality only Final Audio know the secret.

Construction is incredible, and would stand a lifetime of use due to housing that can be easily repairable unscrew. Cable is basic and same quality of E4000. About cable, mmcx connection is super tigh as we knpow with other Final Audio mmcx iem....but this tikme due to housing shape its extremely difficult to disconnect it, this is to me the only drawback...i struggle so much it hurt my thumbs and I finally give up...wich suck cause I wanna try other 8 or 16 cores cables to see if it affect sound. Perhaps im unable cause im a skinny man with feminin hands (lol).

Will share more pics and impressions, and if anybody is puzzle about choosing between E, F and B serie, tell me type of soundsignature you like as well as music style you listen and I will try to help you find the right FAD iem for your specific needs.

CHEERS!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back