Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jul 10, 2019 at 10:24 AM Post #8,776 of 11,642
I'm a lucky man, and feel humble to have the chance to test so much Final Audio earphones.

I receive whole B serie yesterday. For some strange reason I listen the most to the 300$ B2 wich is the fuller sounding single armature I every heard...i mean, its a BA that can compete with dynamic driver in term of bass extension and it do not have any harshness or dryness in treble we can expect from a BA. It sound like a mix of E5000-3000 with F4100.

Soundstage is wide and airy and imaging is very precise.

Bass is smooth but extended with good punch and low-mid bass separation for a clear rendering of bass line, in a natural and flat way, not boosted like E3000-5000.

MID are the star of the show and so delactable, presence is fowarded with great body for a BA, unlike F4100 that have bright mids, these are lusher and more natural, like E2000 but with better mid range separation.

Treble is crisp, not agressive, neither rolled off like E serie, more a smooth drop on top than a drastic one. Level of details is high without being on analytical territory.

Its a very flat neutral soundsignature with extra musicality only Final Audio know the secret.

Construction is incredible, and would stand a lifetime of use due to housing that can be easily repairable unscrew. Cable is basic and same quality of E4000. About cable, mmcx connection is super tigh as we knpow with other Final Audio mmcx iem....but this tikme due to housing shape its extremely difficult to disconnect it, this is to me the only drawback...i struggle so much it hurt my thumbs and I finally give up...wich suck cause I wanna try other 8 or 16 cores cables to see if it affect sound. Perhaps im unable cause im a skinny man with feminin hands (lol).

Will share more pics and impressions, and if anybody is puzzle about choosing between E, F and B serie, tell me type of soundsignature you like as well as music style you listen and I will try to help you find the right FAD iem for your specific needs.

CHEERS!

Thats Cool! Lucky You!

wish I could demo them around here. :sob:

Could you share some insight on the B1, I'd take any info I can get.

Most Important Question: Does the B1 have Any Amount of Driver Flex with Silicone Tips?

Jul 10, 2019 at 2:04 PM Post #8,777 of 11,642
I'm a lucky man, and feel humble to have the chance to test so much Final Audio earphones.

I receive whole B serie yesterday. For some strange reason I listen the most to the 300$ B2 wich is the fuller sounding single armature I every heard...i mean, its a BA that can compete with dynamic driver in term of bass extension and it do not have any harshness or dryness in treble we can expect from a BA. It sound like a mix of E5000-3000 with F4100.

Bass is smooth but extended with good punch and low-mid bass separation for a clear rendering of bass line, in a natural and flat way, not boosted like E3000-5000.

MID are the star of the show and so delactable, presence is fowarded with great body for a BA, unlike F4100 that have bright mids, these are lusher and more natural, like E2000 but with better mid range separation.

Treble is crisp, not agressive, neither rolled off like E serie, more a smooth drop on top than a drastic one. Level of details is high without being on analytical territory.

Its a very flat neutral soundsignature with extra musicality only Final Audio know the secret.

Construction is incredible, and would stand a lifetime of use due to housing that can be easily repairable unscrew. Cable is basic and same quality of E4000. About cable, mmcx connection is super tigh as we knpow with other Final Audio mmcx iem....but this tikme due to housing shape its extremely difficult to disconnect it, this is to me the only drawback...i struggle so much it hurt my thumbs and I finally give up...wich suck cause I wanna try other 8 or 16 cores cables to see if it affect sound. Perhaps im unable cause im a skinny man with feminin hands (lol).

Will share more pics and impressions, and if anybody is puzzle about choosing between E, F and B serie, tell me type of soundsignature you like as well as music style you listen and I will try to help you find the right FAD iem for your specific needs.

CHEERS!

Included in the box in a tiny plastic bag is a square piece of what looks like textured plastic that is meant to be used to assist in removing the cables.

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2019 at 2:13 PM Post #8,778 of 11,642
My review samples just arrived. I’m currently listening to the B1–I will begin my three reviews with this model—and am using a Plenue D (no effects turned on) as my DAP for the 100 hour burn-in process. I’ll also use my AK240SS in my review along with an iPhone SE.

Initial impression is good, quite smooth sounding with notable bass. It appears these earphones are meant to be worn with the cable wrapped around the ears.

More to follow ...

4E450036-A163-4859-B5B6-E68607C59832.jpeg

Jul 10, 2019 at 3:05 PM Post #8,779 of 11,642
Included in the box in a tiny plastic bag is a square piece of what looks like textured plastic that is meant to be used to assist in removing the cables.
Oh, right! Was to in a hurry to listen to them and forget to check this out.
Thanks bro!
Now I use a chifi 16 cores spc+copper cable, nice match with the dual BAs B3:)

And i decide giving a try with ear tips changing with B serie as the nozzle is a little larger so I use KZ starline on it and BIG improvment in soundstage-imaging. About eartips, it will be different with anybody, depends of earcanal shape and flexibility etc, I do suggest always playing with ear tips cause you will know it when you find the right one! (wich is not always included) For E serie I stock with Final Audio tips.

Jul 10, 2019 at 3:09 PM Post #8,780 of 11,642
My review samples just arrived. I’m currently listening to the B1–I will begin my three reviews with this model—and am using a Plenue D (no effects turned on) as my DAP for the 100 hour burn-in process. I’ll also use my AK240SS in my review along with an iPhone SE.

Initial impression is good, quite smooth sounding with notable bass. It appears these earphones are meant to be worn with the cable wrapped around the ears.

More to follow ...

Hehe, you too are a lucky B (ahah in all sens of the term).

Curious to know your impressions, B1 is sure the more bassy and thick sounding, as well as the warmer-smoother. Delicious but i'm concentrate on the BA's right now. There 2 nice pics i take of B1!

P1020190.JPG P1020193.JPG

Attachments

• P1020192.JPG
    P1020192.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 0
  • P1020189.JPG
    P1020189.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 0
Jul 10, 2019 at 3:23 PM Post #8,781 of 11,642
Hehe, you too are a lucky B (ahah in all sens of the term).

Curious to know your impressions, B1 is sure the more bassy and thick sounding, as well as the warmer-smoother. Delicious but i'm concentrate on the BA's right now. There 2 nice pics i take of B1!

Nice pictures!

The final E Series tips—the large for me—work quite well. I had the same experience with the F Series IEMs last year when I wrote reviews. Every time I get a new IEM, I use the E Series as long as it fits the nozzle which so far has never been a problem. I’ve tried Complys, Spin Fits, and the JVC Spiral Dots, and have always come back to the E Series for seal and comfort.

Listening to the B3 right now connected to my iPhone SE playing lossless files, and I can understand why some may prefer the sound of this model.

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2019 at 3:26 PM Post #8,782 of 11,642
The design of the shells are very good. They sit in my ear nicely with no sense they will wiggle out. The true test on this will be when I go hiking/running.

Jul 10, 2019 at 3:45 PM Post #8,783 of 11,642
Nice pictures!

The final E Series tips—the large for me—work quite well. I had the same experience with the F Series IEMs last year when I wrote reviews. Every time I get a new IEM, I use the E Series as long as it fits the nozzle which so far has never been a problem. I’ve tried Complys, Spin Fits, and the JVC Spiral Dots, and have always come back to the E Series for seal and comfort.

Listening to the B3 right now connected to my iPhone SE playing lossless files, and I can understand why some may prefer the sound of this model.

Yep, right now too im leaning to the B3, but im blown away by what single armature of B2 can produce too, wich is the BA that cover widest frequencies range I ever heard. In fact, it sound like a dynamic driver!

So, B3 in my ears to since 1 hour, again, the type of thick punchy bass it can produce realy impress me, it have juicy body unlike dry or thin sound BA i heard before, you even got some ''omph''! Mid range is star of the show to me with B3, definition is wonderfully and vividly alive without upper mids harshness, timbre is less thick than bass,wich give extra transarency and faster attack in treble. 1 whole BA is dedicated for bass, the other for mid-highs....this sure sound like ''this''!

Man....i'm in E E E E EvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvEN.

Oh, and i use mostly my Ibasso DX90 for them, but right now its the Xduoo X20 pluged in Xduoo XD-05 amp. Again, a Final Audio iem that like good amping.

Jul 10, 2019 at 3:52 PM Post #8,784 of 11,642
Yep, right now too im leaning to the B3, but im blown away by what single armature of B2 can produce too, wich is the BA that cover widest frequencies range I ever heard. In fact, it sound like a dynamic driver!

So, B3 in my ears to since 1 hour, again, the type of thick punchy bass it can produce realy impress me, it have juicy body unlike dry or thin sound BA i heard before, you even got some ''omph''! Mid range is star of the show to me with B3, definition is wonderfully and vividly alive without upper mids harshness, timbre is less thick than bass,wich give extra transarency and faster attack in treble. 1 whole BA is dedicated for bass, the other for mid-highs....this sure sound like ''this''!

Man....i'm in E E E E EvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvEN.

Oh, and i use mostly my Ibasso DX90 for them, but right now its the Xduoo X20 pluged in Xduoo XD-05 amp. Again, a Final Audio iem that like good amping.

If you ever get a chance, listen to the final FI-BA-SS(T), the bass is quite impressive for a single armature design. I owned the A&K AKR02 which is a custom version this IEM and it had a silver cable attached. Best sounding IEM I’ve ever owned.

Jul 10, 2019 at 4:02 PM Post #8,785 of 11,642
If you ever get a chance, listen to the final FI-BA-SS(T), the bass is quite impressive for a single armature design. I owned the A&K AKR02 which is a custom version this IEM and it had a silver cable attached. Best sounding IEM I’ve ever owned.

I'm already an intense Final Audio groupie...man, dont tell me to try more cause I will! These look phenomenal for sure, with this type of vented oval shape alloy housing i can expect enourmous soundstage and lot of ''moving air soundwaves orchestration''. FAD Audio engineer are genius to me, my level of admiration is overwhelming: groupie!

Wonder how these compare to B2....

cause F4100 and B2 are so different, near opposite in tuning.

I like creative company with intangible integrity about sound vision.

Jul 10, 2019 at 4:58 PM Post #8,786 of 11,642
I'm already an intense Final Audio groupie...man, dont tell me to try more cause I will! These look phenomenal for sure, with this type of vented oval shape alloy housing i can expect enourmous soundstage and lot of ''moving air soundwaves orchestration''. FAD Audio engineer are genius to me, my level of admiration is overwhelming: groupie!

Wonder how these compare to B2....

cause F4100 and B2 are so different, near opposite in tuning.

I like creative company with intangible integrity about sound vision.

So far after some quick listening to all three, the FI-BA-SS has way more extended trebles coupled with the musical sounding bass. This is to be expected since the current version of the FI-BA-SST sells for over $1,200. I wish I still had mine, but my dog chewed them, ruining the custom cable with its unusual connectors.

That doesn’t take away from the B3 which is 40% less expensive. Very nice sounding ...

I do prefer the B1 because I like its deeper bass. Of course, I may change my mind on all this by the time I write about them.

Jul 10, 2019 at 5:01 PM Post #8,787 of 11,642
Dude, you have more likes that posts. I’ve never seen that before!

@NymPHONOmaniac

Jul 10, 2019 at 5:28 PM Post #8,789 of 11,642
Dude, you have more likes that posts. I’ve never seen that before!

@NymPHONOmaniac
ahah, didnt even check it really....im into love compensation process here, in real life i just recieve the finger from people LOL
or perhaps its because I share what I love....
or perhaps its because I always tell: please dont forget to put a LIKE under my comment. oh, no, im not a vlogger.
LIKE are something strange on headfi in fact, sometime I wait for an answer and recieve a LIKE instead...so its a negative like in my mind..so yeah ahah

But finally, not sure i will try these FI-BA-SS soon, didnt know the price! A shame there no place in Montreal where I can try every Final Audio models....perhaps Layton have some, hum.

I feel ''esoterically'' that the B1 need serious burnin due to hybrid combination and use of dynamic driver. In fact, im notre crazy, F4100 stop doing strange distortion in bass and specific transient response peaks after about 20H of burn in. This is why Im into B3 and B2 right now: B1 is ont the fire.

And seriously, if you have cheap KZ starline silicone tips, give a try on the B3....find that it improve drastically soundstage and imaging to my ears. But its perhaps my ear canal shape. I know Final Audio are serious about every details of acoustic design, but the nozzle is larger than E and F ones, so it triggle my curiousity about personal acoustic theories.

Jul 10, 2019 at 6:14 PM Post #8,790 of 11,642

CHEERS!

Hello

Since I tried the E2000 I fell in love with the final audio sound. I have IEMS from other brands but I could not adapt. I came to hate the IEM. It was to hear the E2000 and directly I started to enjoy listening to music with this type of headphone.

Then I bought the E4000, friend ... the sound is amazing. That was to level up. In fact since I have them I do not use another type of headphone.

I listen exclusively classical music, both symphonic and chamber music. please, could you tell me which model of the E, F, B series best suits the type of music I listen to? My budget is around 300 euros.

Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back