Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jan 20, 2019 at 1:16 PM Post #8,311 of 11,645
Yeah, totally agree. I am using Sonorous VI as well. I love how it sounds and also the design is so classy which make me really want to get a Sonorous X but only if I have the money.
I agree with how you think about the weight, it is somewhere around 500g.

Yeah Final, sometimes they want to keep the luxurious look and sacrifice the comfort. But it seems like I seldom see Japanese complaining about those issues and that is why they do not actually try to improve on those directions. I wonder do they actually check reviews outside of Japan.

Love the IVs and no problem with comfort.

Jan 20, 2019 at 1:34 PM Post #8,312 of 11,645
Oh I'm leaning toward under $100 for a decent Soft and flexible Cable. TBH, I'd rather buy an extra E5000 and keep them as backup than buy a Cable that cost as much as the IEM itself.

I don't have golden ears so I might not be able tell the difference. I love the E5000 enough to dress it up.

If anyone know where I can get decent cable for under $100 please do tell.
there is one pure silver one on ali for around 54$ (51% off) on sale

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2019 at 3:24 PM Post #8,318 of 11,645
Yeah, totally agree. I am using Sonorous VI as well. I love how it sounds and also the design is so classy which make me really want to get a Sonorous X but only if I have the money.
Owning Sonorous VI and X, I can tell that both sound signatures are different. The Sonorous VI is a steal for the asking price regarding built and sound quality. The Sonorous X is a work of art. It weighs 630gr, feels much lighter on the head, sounds tremendous (very detailed and musical), with no weak points. Bass, mids and highs, nothing is emphazised or rolled-off or recessed or forward. Music at its purest. The embodiement of perfection. The price is silly, though...

Jan 20, 2019 at 11:54 PM Post #8,319 of 11,645
I purchased the Sonorous IV in December since I’m a fan of final in general and the FI-BA-SS in particular. I like them a lot and regretted not buying the VI which I just remedied. I’ll have a new pair on Friday.

It will be interesting to compare the IV to the VI since they use the same woofer driver and BA tweeter. I’ve read the only difference is the build materials which results in 70 grams of additional weight, and I suspect the stainless steel used in the VI cups will have some influence in sound.

Once I confirm my suspicion, I’m going to sell my IV in the classifieds for a great price (hint, hint).

Jan 21, 2019 at 3:13 PM Post #8,320 of 11,645
Final e4000 arrived today, low end on these is superb - possibly even a little bit much. I also find I need to have the volumeon my fiio m6 around 85 until I am satisfied with the volume

Have a few questions...

1) will the bass tame a little over time / burn in?
2) would a cable change the bass a little? If so silver?
3) any tip suggestions (using standard fitted at the moment)

Jury is currently out on these, love the form, love the fit, but not sure if the low end is a bit too much for me plus the fact I need to whack the volume up loud

I had inserted both iems and got a decent fit, however I did find pulling them outward by about 1mm reduced the bass a little

Jan 21, 2019 at 3:29 PM Post #8,321 of 11,645
@dimmockg, The bass will taper down a tad with burn in. Haven't changed cable so cant offer any insight. They need a bit of juice though The form factor should allow you to play with the SQ. Yep, I too don't insert them fully and so this negates the bass issue but that depends on the type of music file that's been fed. IMO.

Jan 21, 2019 at 7:49 PM Post #8,322 of 11,645
Final e4000 arrived today, low end on these is superb - possibly even a little bit much. I also find I need to have the volumeon my fiio m6 around 85 until I am satisfied with the volume

Have a few questions...

1) will the bass tame a little over time / burn in?
2) would a cable change the bass a little? If so silver?
3) any tip suggestions (using standard fitted at the moment)

Jury is currently out on these, love the form, love the fit, but not sure if the low end is a bit too much for me plus the fact I need to whack the volume up loud

I had inserted both iems and got a decent fit, however I did find pulling them outward by about 1mm reduced the bass a little

Try getting some of Clear E-Type tips in the size that fits you best. The clear tips have a different formulation than the stock black or the other colored E-Type tips and have a slightly reduced bass response compared to the stock tips.

Here's a quote from final's eartip page:

* With Type E (CLEAR red axis), the earbud is transparent, while the axis is red (to distinguish between sizes, the LL, M and SS sizes are pink). Compared to the black, the clear version of Type E differs slightly in terms of surface fluency and hardness, and the degree to which they are airtight changes slightly; owing to this, bass tones become a little lighter, high-pitched tones sound clear, and the sound tends toward clarity.

I also thought the E4000's had a little too much bass, but when I tried the Clear tips, it reduced the bass just enough to make them keepers for me. Been loving them ever since!

https://www.mtmtaudio.com/products/final-e-type-eartips-for-earphone

http://snext-final.com/en/products/accessories/detail/earpiece.html

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2019 at 8:24 AM Post #8,325 of 11,645
Just sharing some new information to MAKE series owner.
*I know not many people have it and I really hope that one day Final will push this product out of Japan.

I was reading my email and I just noticed that Final sent me an email talking about new tuning which is rated as 3 stars difficulty.
This new tuning seems like a good way to adjust the low frequency but unfortunately, the tuning part has to be purchased.

5ZzBlwI.png

The default is the Blue line at the center. So there are 3 options to tune the low frequency weaker and 6 options to tune the low frequency stronger.
In the Final page, the steps are described in multiple photos because of the difficulty, I cut those out and summarized as followed.

axbOpqh.png

But, Filter C is not cheap. Every type of filter density which comes in 4 per set cost around 3USD.
And the double-sided tape which comes in 5 (both LR ) per set cost around 5USD.

So serious tuner might need to spend extra 35USD to get full set of Filter C and double-sided tapes.

I am still considering if I want to buy them >.< I am not a serious bass head though. But tuning is FUN

P/S: Opps, I just realized that this new tuning is only up in Japanese website. The link is here

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back