Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jan 22, 2019 at 10:08 AM Post #8,326 of 11,644
Just sharing some new information to MAKE series owner.
*I know not many people have it and I really hope that one day Final will push this product out of Japan.

I was reading my email and I just noticed that Final sent me an email talking about new tuning which is rated as 3 stars difficulty.
This new tuning seems like a good way to adjust the low frequency but unfortunately, the tuning part has to be purchased.

5ZzBlwI.png

The default is the Blue line at the center. So there are 3 options to tune the low frequency weaker and 6 options to tune the low frequency stronger.
In the Final page, the steps are described in multiple photos because of the difficulty, I cut those out and summarized as followed.

axbOpqh.png

But, Filter C is not cheap. Every type of filter density which comes in 4 per set cost around 3USD.
And the double-sided tape which comes in 5 (both LR ) per set cost around 5USD.

So serious tuner might need to spend extra 35USD to get full set of Filter C and double-sided tapes.

I am still considering if I want to buy them >.< I am not a serious bass head though. But tuning is FUN

P/S: Opps, I just realized that this new tuning is only up in Japanese website. The link is here
I love this. We are getting into shrimp gender identification territory with these advanced tuning options, so high is the level of dexterity required. No wonder Final hesitant to distribute the MAKE outside Asia, many Western men with their grubby hands would make a mess of it then complain to the brand.

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2019 at 11:15 AM Post #8,327 of 11,644
I love this. We are getting into shrimp gender identification territory with these advanced tuning options, so high is the level of dexterity required. No wonder Final hesitant to distribute the MAKE outside Asia, many Western men with their grubby hands would make a mess of it then complain to the brand.

Actually even in Japan, you cannot find MAKE series in earphone shops or giant electronic shops but only available on Final online website.

I have asked for the reason to an earphone shop before and the answer was because of MAKE series is a kind of kit which might lead to a lot of complains or questions from customers and it might be very difficult to be handled by shop staffs. Therefore only Final themselves are selling them to ensure direct support when necessary.

Btw, I just calculated, MAKE2 and MAKE3 were advertised to be capable of creating 7*11*11 = 847 different sounds. Now with new tuning capability, they become 7*11*11*11 = 9317. Holysh*t! Only the REAL golden ear can hear all the differences.

Jan 22, 2019 at 12:38 PM Post #8,328 of 11,644
Thanks for that I'll investigate those

Do I go for clear or clear red?
The clear set of eartips come with 3 clear/red and 3 clear/clear tips.
The main sonic difference comes from the seal that the clear eartip material makes with the ear canal.
The axis material has much less effect on the overall SQ of the tip, but since the set comes with 3 of each kind, you could try all three combinations and see if you can hear any difference. I couldn't.
And just to be clear :grin:, the differences between the two kinds of tips are pretty slight. If anything, the bass response stays pretty much the same, but the treble response gets slightly altered, which also gives the impression that the earphone now has slightly lower bass output.

3_d96c4df9-7c13-486d-8cef-6650b0b758a1_1024x1024.jpg

Jan 22, 2019 at 4:06 PM Post #8,329 of 11,644
Does anyone know of measurement charts published for the Pandora Hope VI/Sonorous VI? Inner Fidelity has a great library of such measurements on its site for lots of headphones and IEMs, but alas, only on the IV, not on the VI.

Jan 23, 2019 at 1:07 PM Post #8,330 of 11,644
My new Sonorous VI is arriving today, so I just posted the Sonorous IV. Great price for anyone who’d like a headphone with fantastic detail retrieval and an expansive soundstage, very high sensitivity—105dB—with an 8 ohm impedance. Very comfortable, too.

Jan 24, 2019 at 3:13 PM Post #8,331 of 11,644
My new Sonorous VI is arriving today
Nice purchase! This headphone is a real keeper. I only have heard the IV on a shop 2 years ago. I was not very impressed tbh. The VI is much better I think. Please report your impression. Enjoy your new Sonorous VI:o2smile:

Jan 24, 2019 at 3:31 PM Post #8,332 of 11,644
I've had my e5000s for a couple of months now and love them. They are crazy good. I also have piano forte x, Hifiman re2000 and Campfire Andromeda, yet I keep coming back to the e5000s as I really enjoy their sound signature.

I'm very curious, though, how they compare against the Heaven viii. How similar or different are the two?

Jan 24, 2019 at 3:57 PM Post #8,333 of 11,644
Final knows how to design and tune headphones, IEMs, cables and also full size speakers (back in the days). Now, I dream of a Final DAP! It would be so great...

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2019 at 5:14 PM Post #8,334 of 11,644
My new Sonorous VI is arriving today, so I just posted the Sonorous IV. Great price for anyone who’d like a headphone with fantastic detail retrieval and an expansive soundstage, very high sensitivity—105dB—with an 8 ohm impedance. Very comfortable, too.

Sonorous VI party! How much is the difference do you think? I have not heard IV before, when I bought my VI, I picked it simply because it looks cooler than IV. Haha, I am a fake audiophile, I judge an earphone with the look :p That's why I really love to have Sonorous X or its housing just to change my VI look and I am happy enough. LoL

Final knowd how to design and tune headphones, IEMs, cables and also full size speakers (back in the days). Now, I dream of a Final DAP! It would be so great...

If it becomes true, I wonder how much will it be. Final flagship prices normally are unpredictable :p Sometimes I am so envy on those rich people like you :D

Jan 24, 2019 at 5:43 PM Post #8,335 of 11,644
A Final DAP most likely would cost something, yes. But as for their headphone and IEM ranges, they would offer something for everyone, keeping sound quality as top priority. By the way, I am miles away of being rich. I spent years saving money, buying and selling audio gears in order to finance new material. I am a music lover since I am 7 years old. Music was, is and always will remain the only hobby that brings so much emotion and pleasure in my life. Final and Sony are manufacturing ways of reaching these feelings. So, yes, if you love a thing, you make sacrifices and sometimes financial ones in order to live your hobby the best you can. Finally, your set-up is far from being cheap... If you see what I mean:)

Jan 24, 2019 at 6:14 PM Post #8,336 of 11,644
A Final DAP most likely would cost something, yes. But as for their headphone and IEM ranges, they would offer something for everyone, keeping sound quality as top priority. By the way, I am miles away of being rich. I spent years saving money, buying and selling audio gears in order to finance new material. I am a music lover since I am 7 years old. Music was, is and always will remain the only hobby that brings so much emotion and pleasure in my life. Final and Sony are manufacturing ways of reaching these feelings. So, yes, if you love a thing, you make sacrifices and sometimes financial ones in order to live your hobby the best you can. Finally, your set-up is far from being cheap... If you see what I mean:)

Can't agree more than that. The money that I am willing to spend on audio gears actually moving up exponentially with years. However, my dreamed Sonorous X is still a super far far away target for me to reach. Can't imagine how happy I will be when the gorgeous box reaches my front door one day. I think I will cry, definitely. The first moment when I saw the photo of X when it was revealed, I simply wanted it SOO MUCH, but when looking at the price, OH NO!

Jan 24, 2019 at 6:47 PM Post #8,337 of 11,644
Can't agree more than that. The money that I am willing to spend on audio gears actually moving up exponentially with years. However, my dreamed Sonorous X is still a super far far away target for me to reach. Can't imagine how happy I will be when the gorgeous box reaches my front door one day. I think I will cry, definitely. The first moment when I saw the photo of X when it was revealed, I simply wanted it SOO MUCH, but when looking at the price, OH NO!
We understand each other then. It took me almost 3 years saving for the X. It came a few weeks ago. I actually am thinking of reviewing it btw. As shiny and outrageous the X looks, the sound seems quite unspectacular at the beginning. I was expecting more. It is logic after such a wait. Then, you are listening to your favorite songs and you notice the height, the width and the depth that the X is capable of. You forget about bass, mids and highs, because they simply are perfect. Even the 630gr. are almost disappearing from your head. At the end, you literally feel music. The X represents the paroxysm of dynamic headphones for me. I hope you will get it once. Demo it if you can. Not 15 minutes, but a few hours if possible. Then, patience and sacrifices hopefully will reward you with a X at your door.

Jan 24, 2019 at 7:54 PM Post #8,338 of 11,644
Nice purchase! This headphone is a real keeper. I only have heard the IV on a shop 2 years ago. I was not very impressed tbh. The VI is much better I think. Please report your impression. Enjoy your new Sonorous VI:o2smile:

Thank you. They came a day late, got them today, and are burning in now. I’ll do a comparison soon unless I sell the IVs quickly.

Jan 24, 2019 at 7:55 PM Post #8,339 of 11,644
Final knows how to design and tune headphones, IEMs, cables and also full size speakers (back in the days). Now, I dream of a Final DAP! It would be so great...

Like that thought, a final DAP!

Jan 24, 2019 at 7:57 PM Post #8,340 of 11,644
I’m a big final fan, too. I’ve owned three of its IEMs and two headphones. The D8000 is calling out to me ... would be a good compliment to my Utopia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back