Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jan 16, 2019 at 10:48 AM Post #8,283 of 11,644
Why so little love for E4000? I think these are legit for $150. I listen to them more than the E5000 and I prefer them over the Sony XBA-N3 which I bought as an alternative for some smooth, relaxing IEMs but found the mid bass to tiring. I can listen to E4000 for days, soo not ofensive. Open sound with present, lovely bass, vocals are warm and full of emotion,sounds like the artist is pouring their soul into your ears, string instruments sound sweet and happy, highs are sparkly with great definition and air but nothing is overdone, I found the BA highs in N3 more agresive, the E4000 more balanced and pleasant. Overall, good analog sound with all instruments sitting in the right spot without overshadowing eachother. They might not have the clarity of 5BAs, but compared to multiple drivers these are cohesive. I would describe them as warm, sparkly and happy. I haven't heard the DM6 though, some comparations would be nice. I was thinking to get the DM6 as another set with sweet sound, but the BA bass still has me on the fence.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2019 at 11:29 AM Post #8,284 of 11,644
Why so little love for E4000? I think these are legit for $150. I listen to them more than the E5000 and I prefer them over the Sony XBA-N3 which I bought as an alternative for some smooth, relaxing IEMs but found the mid bass to tiring. I can listen to E4000 for days, soo not ofensive. Open sound with present, lovely bass, vocals are warm and full of emotion,sounds like the artist is pouring their soul into your ears, string instruments sound sweet and happy, highs are sparkly with great definition and air but nothing is overdone, I found the BA highs in N3 more agresive, the E4000 more balanced and pleasant. Overall, good analog sound with all instruments sitting in the right spot without overshadowing eachother. They might not have the clarity of 5BAs, but compared to multiple drivers these are cohesive. I would describe them as warm, sparkly and happy. I haven't heard the DM6 though, some comparations would be nice. I was thinking to get the DM6 as another set with sweet sound, but the BA bass still has me on the fence.
I reviewed the E4000 and E5000 a while back and think that both have their strengths. Loved the more natural tonality of the E4000.

At the moment I am putting the E4000 through an endurance test (both for myself and the IEMs :wink: ) as they are my main training IEMs. So far they have held up well, even when running in the pouring rain. The sound is excellent for training, great bass and detail coming through very well (driven by the Shanling M0 on high gain). Although admittedly I no longer have the E5000 to compare and those would need a different cable before I could train with them.

M0_E4000.png

Jan 16, 2019 at 11:49 AM Post #8,285 of 11,644

Between the N3 and the Ex000s, which one reproduces the timbre of instruments more accurately in your opinion? And would you say the Ex000s are not as good for electronic music as the Sony?

What I've read suggests that the Sony might be the best all-arounder and might even have the best treble reproduction (in terms of linearity, cleanliness and lack of peaks, resonances, and other aberrations that plague many headphones) but I worry that it might sound somewhat artificial compared to the Final Audios (although most of the feedback suggests that it is very natural sounding already)...

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2019 at 1:01 PM Post #8,286 of 11,644
Between the N3 and the Ex000s, which one reproduces the timbre of instruments more accurately in your opinion? And would you say the Ex000s are not as good for electronic music as the Sony?

What I've read suggests that the Sony might be the best all-arounder and might even have the best treble reproduction (in terms of linearity, cleanliness and lack of peaks, resonances, and other aberrations that plague many headphones) but I worry that it might sound somewhat artificial compared to the Final Audios (although most of the feedback suggests that it is very natural sounding already)...

For timbre of instruments both perform well with the N3 being more agresive with string bites, I like them both in that regard. Voices sound really good on N3 but they are a bit recessed for my taste. E4000 does voices good and at the same level with the instruments, sounds more like it's part of the song. I would prefer N3 voices with E4000 level. N3 is a bassy IEM and it never lets you forget that, to me it sounds like the bass is the main star of any song with the rest of the instruments to follow. E4000 also has a heafty amount of bass, more than FH5 for example but it sounds more together and part with the rest, it doesn't make it prelevant. For electronic music I think you would like N3 more as it sound livelier and more powerful. I listen to metal, folk, symphonic and bands with 8 or more natural instruments for which I find the E4000 more satisfying. For electronic N3 sounds wonderful and I quite like it.

Now, take my opinion with a grain of salt and read more reviews to form a better idea cause it seems my preferences and opinions on some IEMs aren't always the same with some other people.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2019 at 3:29 PM Post #8,287 of 11,644

I agree, the E4000s are excellent and not too pricey but not duscussed as much as the others for some reason.

FWIW, Wirecutter recently listed them best IEM along with Campfire, the E4000 getting the edge for those who prioritize bass. Having replaceable cables is wonderful too, since this is what always breaks for me on all headphones.

Jan 19, 2019 at 4:05 PM Post #8,288 of 11,644
ONE thing I don't like is the stock cable, IMO its atrociously BAD. I hate it but once I play music the hate disappear xD

I wonder what would be an Upgrade to these?
OC Studio Zeus UE X - perfection at affordable price

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2019 at 4:19 PM Post #8,289 of 11,644
For electronic N3 sounds wonderful and I quite like it.
Yes! Electronic is really the playground of the N3. With a good silver cable and JVC spiral dots tips, you can reduce the amount of bass and get a more balanced sound. Overall, the E5000 still has the edge over the N3 in terms of imaging, mids and musicality. 200+ hours with the E5000 and I still get goosebumps and "OMG" moments listening to them. N3 remain really good, though.

Jan 19, 2019 at 5:15 PM Post #8,293 of 11,644
The E5000 definitely deserve a nice Cable.

I can't seem to find the price for that cable. The site list it as $0.00?
Yes, the site is not updated. Contact OC Studio via Facebook. I paid approx. USD 230.- all incl. I know, it could be a bit expensive for a USD 250 IEM, but the cable eliminates microphonics, looks like a USD 1000+ cable, the MMCX connectors and 4.4mm plug are very solid and durable. The hooks are top notch, too. You love your E5000, do you? Do them and yourself a favor:L3000:IMG_20181124_162637.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2019 at 5:26 PM Post #8,295 of 11,644
why so expensive?
Do you mean why do I think they are expensive regarding the IEM price (but the step up in looks, usage, durability, finish and yes, sound, is real, to me) or do you mean why did I buy that cable which seems expensive to you?

Please precise, so that I can answer properly.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back