Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Sep 25, 2018 at 2:44 PM Post #7,936 of 11,644
Thanks, this takes me back to Brainwavz BA range... I ended up buying the 100, 150, 200 v1 and v2 and 400 in a short space of time... but should have just got the 400 in hindsight like I was in the beginning lol. E4000 seems to be at the sweet spot price to performance ratio

No idea if you are still interested but amp3 in your neck of the woods has a box opened 2000 for £29.36 which makes it a bit of a bargain I reckon. Bought a few box opened things from there and been fine. Nearly bought it myself just to get a few spare final tips!

Sep 27, 2018 at 6:06 PM Post #7,937 of 11,644
No idea if you are still interested but amp3 in your neck of the woods has a box opened 2000 for £29.36 which makes it a bit of a bargain I reckon. Bought a few box opened things from there and been fine. Nearly bought it myself just to get a few spare final tips!

Thanks for that but I went and bought the e4000... and boy I'm so glad i did. It is easily one of the best IEMs in my collection and the value is outstanding. I was a wee bit worried as that shape had previously been an issue for me with certain sets not sitting properly but the FA tips are incredible... I'll be putting them to good use. Sound... just so organic and natural. Some may find them too laid back but give them a chance and they'll surprise you with just how dynamic they can be. Absolute no brainer (and at that price point... wow )

Sep 29, 2018 at 11:05 AM Post #7,938 of 11,644
E5000 not only sounds thicc and sweet, it also has that great aesthetics that make you love to wear them while out and about :)

DoRTu5UXcAE3ejD.jpg:large

Sep 30, 2018 at 11:23 PM Post #7,939 of 11,644
E5000 not only sounds thicc and sweet, it also has that great aesthetics that make you love to wear them while out and about :)

DoRTu5UXcAE3ejD.jpg:large

Haha. Actually a great way to describe the E5000 sound signature. Thicc.

Oct 1, 2018 at 1:51 AM Post #7,940 of 11,644
Just got my hands on the E5000, tried to use a cheap balanced cable, everything went out of the window. Sounded too spatial, body and warmth all disappeared, Panicked, restored the stock 3.5mm cable, everything came back. Now am wondering, could anyone recommend a balanced cable <$100 that would be similar to the stock cable running SE?

Oct 1, 2018 at 10:16 AM Post #7,941 of 11,644
Just got my hands on the E5000, tried to use a cheap balanced cable, everything went out of the window. Sounded too spatial, body and warmth all disappeared, Panicked, restored the stock 3.5mm cable, everything came back. Now am wondering, could anyone recommend a balanced cable <$100 that would be similar to the stock cable running SE?

Put a pure silver cable. Maybe the Campfire Audio one. Don't cheap out.

But I find that with balanced, it does sound more spatial (sound), greater extension (especially upper end) and overall warmth. Might not be what you're looking for though.

Oct 1, 2018 at 1:35 PM Post #7,942 of 11,644
But I find that with balanced, it does sound more spatial (sound), greater extension (especially upper end) and overall warmth. Might not be what you're looking for though.

Interesting, what kind of balanced cable, pure silver also?

Oct 1, 2018 at 1:45 PM Post #7,943 of 11,644
Interesting, what kind of balanced cable, pure silver also?

Ya, 2.5mm balanced and pure silver.

5096E18C-5883-451E-BFE1-9490A5DA4E65.jpeg

Same cable as my Bravado except MMCX. Custom made at a local store (cost me about USD265). Worth every penny.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2018 at 5:06 PM Post #7,944 of 11,644
Anyone go from the E2000 to E5000? The E2000s were alright for the price imo, used them for a while before trying other things but still carry them around as a backup. Some sub bass to be had but overall a bit thin sounding with forward vocals for my taste. Would I expect any better from the E5000? Not going to lie, the bling is tempting me a bit :)

Oct 1, 2018 at 5:20 PM Post #7,945 of 11,644
Anyone go from the E2000 to E5000? The E2000s were alright for the price imo, used them for a while before trying other things but still carry them around as a backup. Some sub bass to be had but overall a bit thin sounding with forward vocals for my taste. Would I expect any better from the E5000? Not going to lie, the bling is tempting me a bit :)

I haven't heard the E2000, but as someone who has owned and owns TOTL IEMs and CIEMs the more I listen to the E5000 the more I am impressed at the value they deliver at their price point.
The only downside is the isolation and leaking but it's a small price to pay for such high SQ to price ratio!

Oct 1, 2018 at 7:25 PM Post #7,946 of 11,644

I assumed that a pure silver cable would take out the warmth and mids, and increase extension. Which CA cable?

Oct 1, 2018 at 8:15 PM Post #7,947 of 11,644

You should have a total blast upgrading to E5000 :)

It is going to totally rock your world :)

Oct 1, 2018 at 8:52 PM Post #7,948 of 11,644
I assumed that a pure silver cable would take out the warmth and mids, and increase extension. Which CA cable?

https://campfireaudio.com/shop/pure-silver-litz-cable/

For me, in general, I find pure silver brings forward the mids, extends the treble and increases the clarity of the bass (especially sub-bass). You are correct about that. This is my observations with my Bravado.

However, when going to balanced on my N5ii as well, I find the sound becomes more “round” - perhaps soundstage height/depth? with better dynamics and soundstage width increases as well, leading to more sub-bass and treble extension That’s why it sounds clearer, rounder and more “warm” to me when combining both pure silver and balanced. I think it depends on the DAP’s implementation of balanced (usually a separate circuit than unbalanced).

I’ve gone balanced with my E5000, Bravado, ER4SR and I’ve seen improvements. It could be just my DAP though.

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2018 at 5:26 PM Post #7,949 of 11,644
Couple things about the e4000. Does anyone have the main lead vocal coming thru just left of centre? Doesn't matter what artist or group i listen to the vocals always seem to be coming from around my left eye in the soundstage? It's a wee bit off putting when you notice it... cos you keep noticing it thereafter.

I changed to a cheap cable I got from Aliexpress and it seems to have taken the softness away from them and add a bit more weight to the overall sound. Funnily enough the stock cable connected to my LZ A4 does the opposite and they sound great with bit more warmth, much smoother.

Oct 4, 2018 at 7:37 PM Post #7,950 of 11,644
Couple things about the e4000. Does anyone have the main lead vocal coming thru just left of centre? Doesn't matter what artist or group i listen to the vocals always seem to be coming from around my left eye in the soundstage? It's a wee bit off putting when you notice it... cos you keep noticing it thereafter.

I changed to a cheap cable I got from Aliexpress and it seems to have taken the softness away from them and add a bit more weight to the overall sound. Funnily enough the stock cable connected to my LZ A4 does the opposite and they sound great with bit more warmth, much smoother.

For the issue, I'd say to contact Final (?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back