Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Oct 8, 2018 at 9:04 PM Post #7,966 of 11,644
How are female vocals and piano between the two? Any help that any one can render would be appreciated I am looking at the E4000, the E5000, the Be, and the Oriolus Finischi.

The female vocals are similar between E4000, E5000 and Be. Probably most spot-on tone is with E4000 because it is a bit more neutral and achieves a bit more even midrange response, but E5000 has a bit more emotion in the sound on an overall level.

As for pianos, similar story, E5000 is a tad more emotional and romantic, but E4000 is a bit more even. Imagine things sounding a tad thicc on E5000 compared to E4000, but still, I'd lean towards E5000.

Periodic Be has a totally different sound, less thicc, less sub-bass emphasis, more warm, it is the IEM for sweet guitars and acoustic music in general

Oct 9, 2018 at 2:24 AM Post #7,967 of 11,644
How are female vocals and piano between the two? Any help that any one can render would be appreciated I am looking at the E4000, the E5000, the Be, and the Oriolus Finischi.
Both sound amazing. Female vocals sound full bodied, but still have that bite in the higher mids. Pianos have that nice reverberation, and a relaxed treble so everything sounds clear without sounding harsh or artificial in anyway

Oct 9, 2018 at 2:32 AM Post #7,968 of 11,644
I like the look of the shells they used for the assembly course version FI-DO6

DX1GwsVU0AMe-5e.jpg

DmstHGdVAAA54Uc.jpg
is this from that event where you could assemble it together yourself? They look sick, I wish they had them for sale

Oct 9, 2018 at 6:20 AM Post #7,970 of 11,644
I just wana say that the $4000(?) piano forte x-g sounded like apple earbuds with its lack of isolation. Absolutely terrible. It is a jewelry rather than a functional piece. Can't imagine their newer more exlucisve LAB 2 is anything better seeing that it has more or less the same lack of isolation.

Lab 1 on the other hand is supposedly dope though I guess anything and everything is hyped up if the price is high enough

Oct 9, 2018 at 8:27 AM Post #7,971 of 11,644
I just wana say that the $4000(?) piano forte x-g sounded like apple earbuds with its lack of isolation. Absolutely terrible. It is a jewelry rather than a functional piece. Can't imagine their newer more exlucisve LAB 2 is anything better seeing that it has more or less the same lack of isolation.

Lab 1 on the other hand is supposedly dope though I guess anything and everything is hyped up if the price is high enough

Piano Forte series and Lab 2 are not a simple plug and play product. There are many ways to insert them and the sound can change a lot based on how they fit your ears at the given insertion depth. It takes time to get the most out of them and there is a very good reason why so many people love them - there is nothing that sounds like them, certainly not budget class earbuds. Also, lack of isolation is a feature here, not a flaw.

Oct 9, 2018 at 10:45 AM Post #7,972 of 11,644
I'm pretty new to serious headphones. These are my first set of nice IEMs. I have Hifiman he400i and ZS10s. I went to a headphone stor to audition some IEMs I had my eye on, including Isines that cost $600. I like a bassy sound, but I found the bass heavy IEMs made vocals sound distorted and in general made some of the music I listen to sound wrong. The employee suggested I try the FA E5000. They blew me away. They made me smile. I wasn't planning on buying just yet, I just wanted to test the waters. I found it hard to walk away from the store without them. In the next 48 hours I spent a lot of time thinking about the E5000s and their sound. I couldn't get anythign like them with an EQ. they make music sound rich and smooth. It's like sitting in a comfy recliner. They give the sound a similar feeling to changing from a sharp roll off to a slower roll off. I usually use a slow roll off, but with these I use a sharp roll off. To my inexperienced ears I get a more realistic sound with crisper processing. Listening to high quality bootlegs with board recordings and binaural crowd mics the sound stage is enormous. I mainly listen to Hip Hop, electronic, pop, Jazz, rock and acoustic rock/folk. It's hard to find headphones, especially IEMs that are good at all of these genres. The E5000s are the only ones I have used that really work with any of the music I listen to.

I went back two days later and purchased them. I really like them. I'm too new to give an accurate review , and frankly the ones people have posted are good. I think I found Pinky's review closest to my experience. People should really make a point of auditioning them. I wanted to list some information that might be helpful for people searching. I have a Fiio X5 gen iii (gen 3 for google). It has no problem powering these headphones. I tested them out with relatively quiet concert bootlegs. My iPhone 6S's headphone jack has no problem powering them. The other thing that's worth mentioning is he E5000s come with 5 sized of tips. As someone who is usually between medium and small sizes this is a HUGE plus. the small size is just right for my ears. there is also a "ss" size that is even smaller.

I think these are my IEM end game until Final Audio releases a E6000 with more clarity. I might want something more flat and analytical to complement these.

one thing I wanted to add is that disintegration by the cure was absolutely magical with the E5000s. It's been an album I've loved for decades. Hearing it with on these IEMs was like hearing it for the first time. It sounded even more psychedelic and dream like.

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2018 at 5:24 PM Post #7,973 of 11,644
Piano Forte series and Lab 2 are not a simple plug and play product. There are many ways to insert them and the sound can change a lot based on how they fit your ears at the given insertion depth. It takes time to get the most out of them and there is a very good reason why so many people love them - there is nothing that sounds like them, certainly not budget class earbuds. Also, lack of isolation is a feature here, not a flaw.

I agree!!! I have the Piano Forte X in gold and I like them very much. They have great sound, they are comfortable, they look pretty cool too!
The cables are not microphonic and they do not have complete isolation. If you put them in when cold . . . they will make you jump!!!!
The sound is somewhat like tubes vs transistors!

I hate complete isolation!!!! It's creepy!!!! You are never totally isolated in this world nor should you want to be! When you use isolated headphones/earphones, it exaggerate cable microphony, which I hate!!!!

I would love to try the Piano Forte Lab 2's but I guess they are pretty much unobtainable!!!

In the meantime I would like to upgrade to Piano Forte X-T's!

Any experience with these earphones, please share!!!!

Thanks!

Oct 9, 2018 at 7:36 PM Post #7,974 of 11,644
The female vocals are similar between E4000, E5000 and Be. Probably most spot-on tone is with E4000 because it is a bit more neutral and achieves a bit more even midrange response, but E5000 has a bit more emotion in the sound on an overall level.

As for pianos, similar story, E5000 is a tad more emotional and romantic, but E4000 is a bit more even. Imagine things sounding a tad thicc on E5000 compared to E4000, but still, I'd lean towards E5000.

Periodic Be has a totally different sound, less thicc, less sub-bass emphasis, more warm, it is the IEM for sweet guitars and acoustic music in general

Quite interesting comment. i find the e4000 already quite smooth and with a thicker body. Very lush. Makes e5000 sound quite intriguing.

Oct 9, 2018 at 7:54 PM Post #7,975 of 11,644

Do you truly believe lack of isolation = bad sound...?

Oct 9, 2018 at 11:17 PM Post #7,976 of 11,644
Oct 10, 2018 at 5:49 AM Post #7,977 of 11,644
Oct 11, 2018 at 7:24 AM Post #7,978 of 11,644
Happy to add my praise for the excellent Final E5000s. I took a chance on buying them without being able to try them having read the comments on here, and I was not disappointed. These are my first serious earphones, having used several cheaper sets from Sennheiser, Meze and another one I can't remember the name of. The E5000s give a lovely, smooth, presentation and without sibilance which is the main reason I was swayed. If you are considering splashing the cash on a pair, the comments on this thread can certainly be trusted as a guide.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2018 at 10:08 AM Post #7,979 of 11,644
Can anyone who own FiiO FH1 compare with E5000? I tried FH1 for few hours with N5 II and did not like the sound at all, I felt in complex recordings the bass has no control. Treble peak is unbearable in some recordings and bass feels boosted most of the times. Perhaps it's not for my taste.

How much of an upgrade E5000 over FH1?

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2018 at 3:14 PM Post #7,980 of 11,644
Can anyone who own FiiO FH1 compare with E5000? I tried FH1 for few hours with N5 II and did not like the sound at all, I felt in complex recordings the bass has no control. Treble peak is unbearable in some recordings and bass feels boosted most of the times. Perhaps it's not for my taste.

How much of an upgrade E5000 over FH1?

I haven't heard FH1, but it sounds like you want something thicc with good control, and no peaks.

E5000 has no peaks, it is thicc, but the bass control is given by the source, not by it. This means that you need a good source to drive them properly and to keep them under control :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back