Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jul 18, 2017 at 3:43 AM Post #7,381 of 11,642
Thinking of getting some custom sleeves for the AKR02. Could this adversely impact the sound, like some people claim it does with the ER4? Using spin fits at the moment but with the shells being quite heavy they tend to slip out quite often.
it always impacts sound, but you can shape the sound as well:

custom_tips.png

Jul 18, 2017 at 3:48 PM Post #7,382 of 11,642
Thinking of getting some custom sleeves for the AKR02. Could this adversely impact the sound, like some people claim it does with the ER4? Using spin fits at the moment but with the shells being quite heavy they tend to slip out quite often.
Have you tried Sony hybrid tips? These have better grip than the Spinfits. Also, have you tried wearing the cable over your ears?

Jul 18, 2017 at 3:56 PM Post #7,383 of 11,642

I'm using the final E-Series tips on my AKR02 with great results. Also, I might recommend the JVC Spiral Dots, they also worked really well, both fit-wise and sound-wise.

Jul 18, 2017 at 10:08 PM Post #7,384 of 11,642
it always impacts sound, but you can shape the sound as well:

Thanks will look into this! Looking to keep things as close to the default signature as possible.

Have you tried Sony hybrid tips? These have better grip than the Spinfits. Also, have you tried wearing the cable over your ears?
Will try the hybrids out,thank you.The AKR02 has a slightly stiffer cable than the original FI-BA-SS, so wearing them over the ear is a little uncomfortable. Haven't come across the same MMCX connectors with the screw mechanism so a custom cable that's more supple isn't easy to get a hold of.

I'm using the final E-Series tips on my AKR02 with great results. Also, I might recommend the JVC Spiral Dots, they also worked really well, both fit-wise and sound-wise.
The Sony and JVC are on my list, thank you. I had the F-Series and the stock tips weren't the best fit for me, not sure if the E-Series differs from them. I've always had issues with getting universals to seal well, the last pair I can recall that were close to perfect were the Yamaha EPH-100s.

Jul 19, 2017 at 2:10 PM Post #7,385 of 11,642
JAYS sells a couple cables with the same screw in connectors, although both do not use SPC conductors.

Jul 19, 2017 at 3:42 PM Post #7,386 of 11,642
Will try the hybrids out,thank you.The AKR02 has a slightly stiffer cable than the original FI-BA-SS, so wearing them over the ear is a little uncomfortable. Haven't come across the same MMCX connectors with the screw mechanism so a custom cable that's more supple isn't easy to get a hold of.

If hybrids give you a secure fit, you can also try to cut off half of their stem. This will make them sound more neutral (with full length stem they're a bit warm) and should reduce leverage of the cable.

Jul 22, 2017 at 2:27 PM Post #7,387 of 11,642
French audio magazine Diapason, issue 659, 2017-07, tested and reviewed 20 recent headphones ( e.g. incl. the Ether Flow open and closed).

The winner of this batch is the Final LAB II.

Here is what they say about the SQ of the LAB II:

"Elle parvient à atteindre la précision et l’infaillibilité d’un modèle électrostatique. Le sens du détail, la lisibilité
des micro-informations dépassent l’ensemble des casques intra existant à ce jour, au prix, çà et là, d’une infime dureté de timbres sur les forte."

translation = "[its sound] succeeds in reaching the precision and the faultlessness of electrostats. The level of detail, the revealing of micro-information top that of all existing earphones, yet at the cost here and there of a minute harshness for forte tones. "

Diapason focusses on classical music and suitable gear.

Their conclusions confirm your impressions, Jola and Rumina , and mine. The best in-ears.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2017 at 12:50 AM Post #7,389 of 11,642
I have the FI-BA-SS25 with the new cable. Again, a very special product from FAD. Still burning in......:sunglasses:

Jul 27, 2017 at 3:00 AM Post #7,391 of 11,642
Actually, the original cables of final PF X are audiophile grade. I thought you might consider to buy the new cable from final and 'upgrade' yours.

Please be very careful with using the best soldering coz there will be sound different.
IMG_4684.PNG
IMG_4680.PNG
Exactly, I had a piano forte x-g for over a year unbelievable experience
But after a year of intencive use cable just split :frowning2: So i opened it and I changed the cable ( cable from sony mdr ex 1000 ) to my surprise magic from x-g has dissappear...

So from my experience point
I think for every model they use other cables like( silver piano forte x-g ) (copper piano forte viiii) ....

Jul 28, 2017 at 1:28 AM Post #7,392 of 11,642
Our comparative review (by Dave) of the E2000 and E3000 is now up on HFN: http://www.headfonia.com/review-final-audio-e2000-e3000-nice-surprise/

Thanks for the review.
I love my E3000.
final has announced that they need 150-200 hours burn-in (we usually call it "aging" in Japan) to settle,
but how long were the E3000 in the review burnt in?
I felt bass became far tighter and mid became more forward by long burn-in, e.g. 30 hours was not enough at all and it required around 200 hr to settle in my case.
(I've tried it by two samples)

I just wanted to know how E3000 are being reviewed by professionals and wanted to compare it with my amateur impression, but I need information about burn-in time to compare it with my impressions.

Jul 28, 2017 at 2:00 AM Post #7,393 of 11,642
Thanks for the review.
I love my E3000.
final has announced that they need 150-200 hours burn-in (we usually call it "aging" in Japan) to settle,
but how long were the E3000 in the review burnt in?
I felt bass became far tighter and mid became more forward by long burn-in, e.g. 30 hours was not enough at all and it required around 200 hr to settle in my case.
(I've tried it by two samples)

I just wanted to know how E3000 are being reviewed by professionals and wanted to compare it with my amateur impression, but I need information about burn-in time to compare it with my impressions.

You have asked a great question!

I have been playing with audiophile diy tubes, dac, speakers for twenty-years...many of the equipments, parts, cables need at least 200 hours for burn-in, and some exotics capacitors need 500-1000 hours to run in...but many reviewers put less than 100 hours on an item before testing and writing. Many also didn't demagnetise before test listening.

To me, I think that Earphone might need more time to fully run in coz the diaphragms inside is just like a speaker. While a speaker has high current to drive the movement, but earphone has only small current to drive it on one hand, and on the other hand, the movement inside might not be very big.

Jul 28, 2017 at 8:01 AM Post #7,394 of 11,642
As I am struggling to find new IEMs which suit my taste in regards to tonality AND comfort I was thinking of perhaps getting OverEars for home use and some cheaper IEMs for on the go. Therefore tried the Sonorous II and III today and somehow I preferred the II over III.
Stage and layering is really great for both models but I felt the bass a bit tighter on the II. I am interested.

Jul 28, 2017 at 10:24 AM Post #7,395 of 11,642
You have asked a great question!

I have been playing with audiophile diy tubes, dac, speakers for twenty-years...many of the equipments, parts, cables need at least 200 hours for burn-in, and some exotics capacitors need 500-1000 hours to run in...but many reviewers put less than 100 hours on an item before testing and writing. Many also didn't demagnetise before test listening.

To me, I think that Earphone might need more time to fully run in coz the diaphragms inside is just like a speaker. While a speaker has high current to drive the movement, but earphone has only small current to drive it on one hand, and on the other hand, the movement inside might not be very big.

ok......... can I just point out this is your opinion, and not scientific fact :)

What is demagnetise?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back