Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Aug 23, 2013 at 9:45 PM Post #2,987 of 11,660
Quote:
Question for other owners: I'm feeling that the case they provided, although really nice, is a bit too 'shallow'. Anyone else feel this way? 
If any other owners could post pictures of how they store their Piano Forte IEMs that would be great!

I'm curious as to which case your PF IX came in. Is it still the zip clamshell? That is a great case for portable use but not so handy at home.

Pelican 1010 is a great choice as with my PF IX below. Since I have a Pelican 1040 from my ES5, I use it with the 1601SC. I also put desiccant pods (from Westone) in each case. This is not essential but it doesn't hurt. It is very humid here in Shanghai.

Aug 23, 2013 at 9:52 PM Post #2,988 of 11,660
^
Yes, I've got the clamshell case. It seems really good for portable use but I don't feel like there's enough space inside the case to house the IEMs nicely. Though I know that it wouldn't really affect the IEMs that much (with their solid build and all), pushing the case shut over the PFs and zipping it feels like I'm applying a lot of pressure to the 'phones. Maybe the pressure is to keep the PFs from shaking around?

Not sure if anyone understands what I'm saying here..

Aug 24, 2013 at 3:45 PM Post #2,989 of 11,660
Looks like we've got some new members with decent cams in the FAD club, so woodcans is going to face more competition.

Great pictures everyone! 
smile_phones.gif

Speaking of pics, I present to you the FAD Heaven R "Aging" 
wink.gif

And speaking of jazz, here's one of the musically & visually finest concerts I've ever seen on YouTube:

Aug 24, 2013 at 4:10 PM Post #2,990 of 11,660
Quote:
Looks like we've got some new members with decent cams in the FAD club, so woodcans is going to face more competition.

Great pictures everyone! 
smile_phones.gif

x2 (highlighted text). Mind you, music_4321's pics have always been a hell of a lot better than those pretty mediocre ones by Mr woodcans.

Quote:

wink.gif

What???!!!  Judging by that photo, whoever managed to make a removable cable for the Heaven S deserves some serious praise. (great pic, btw, though obviously not music worthy)

Aug 24, 2013 at 5:13 PM Post #2,991 of 11,660
Quote:
Piano Forte X-G have landed, they render a lot of my music unlistenable. But the handful of well recorded FLAC i have sounds superb... I can see myself sitting back and listening for a long time :) also i find them to be very comfy albeit slightly heavy. Also that case!! wow

Quote:
Hot on randomkid's heels, my Piano Forte IX have arrived in my hands!

Yeah, these 'phones sound amazing on songs that suit it, enjoyable on others and downright horrid on most.
The process of inserting them into your ear is just orgasmic IMO; the coldness of the metal that slowly disappears along with the feel of the 'phones in your ear. Love how they just hang there! Fortunately I can walk around with them without difficulty.

Question for other owners: I'm feeling that the case they provided, although really nice, is a bit too 'shallow'. Anyone else feel this way? 
If any other owners could post pictures of how they store their Piano Forte IEMs that would be great!

Great to see more PF's 'landing'!

Quote:

Great pictures everyone! 
smile_phones.gif

wink.gif

And speaking of jazz, here's one of the musically & visually finest concerts I've ever seen on YouTube:

My days may be winding down. Time for someone else to take over!

Quote:

Man I just love taking photos of these earphones. They are just a piece of art. No other iems look nearly as elegant as these.

​
 ​

So do I. Much fun! And that third pic is quite exceptional!

Quote:

x2 (highlighted text). Mind you, music_4321's pics have always been a hell of a lot better than those pretty mediocre ones by Mr woodcans.

What???!!!  Judging by that photo, whoever managed to make a removable cable for the Heaven S deserves some serious praise. (great pic, btw, though obviously not music worthy)

x3!!

Aug 24, 2013 at 8:39 PM Post #2,996 of 11,660
I don't even know what to call this one.

I sometimes think you bought the PF IX as a muse rather than a listening object. How about:
"South Beach 1978"

This, the stars, electricity. This streak is ridiculous frankly. FAD should fly you out with some prints for a showing. Throw out an iffy one now and again and show us your humanity. :p

@airo
Keep them coming. Really liking that last one.

Aug 24, 2013 at 9:05 PM Post #2,998 of 11,660
Quote:
I sometimes think you bought the PF IX as a muse rather than a listening object. How about:
"South Beach 1978"

This, the stars, electricity. This streak is ridiculous frankly. FAD should fly you out with some prints for a showing. Throw out an iffy one now and again and show us your humanity.
tongue.gif

I really like your description!

And thanks for the kind words. But to be honest, I thought I had...

Aug 24, 2013 at 9:30 PM Post #2,999 of 11,660
Quote:

In celebration, on this most ceremonious day, of music using full type with regards to woodcans, I hereby dedicate this post to music and hope he enjoys t(his) photo.

Love it!

Now, allow me (and do forgive for attempting) my own 'creative' thing here now out of your own creativity, as your pic reminded me of the cover of an album I love, "Damage", which has at least 3 tracks of real music on it. The original edition of this live recording has been discontinued for a number of years (second pic, obviously)… and the latter and current version of it is different in more ways than one.

http://grooveshark.com/#!/s/The+First+Day/4iV54I?src=5 (uniquely stunning on the 160Xs)

Your (edited) photo would have made a great cover indeed!!

Aug 24, 2013 at 9:51 PM Post #3,000 of 11,660
Quote:

Love it!

Now, allow me (and do forgive for attempting) my own 'creative' thing here now out of your own creativity, as your pic reminded me of the cover of an album I love, "Damage", which has at least 3 tracks of real music on it. The original edition of this live recording has been discontinued for a number of years (second pic, obviously)… and the latter and current version of it is different in more ways than one.

http://grooveshark.com/#!/s/The+First+Day/4iV54I?src=5 (uniquely stunning on the 160Xs)

Your (edited) photo would have made a great cover indeed!!

music,

I am entranced by these tracks. Thank you very, very much. 

'Bathed in moon grey blue'

'Swimming gold in a blackened sea she troubles me'

'She troubles me'

Wonderful.

-wc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back